The problem of stress distribution in a rock mass in the vicinity of in-seam working is solved by the fundamental methods of deformable solid mechanics in two stages. At the first stage, the problem of the limit stressed state of the coal seam marginal zones is solved using the methods of flowing medium mechanics. The criterion for the onset of the limit state is the simultaneous observance of the Coulon — Mohr condition on the seam and the Mohr — Kuznetsov condition on its contact with the lateral rocks. At the second stage, by replacing the limit stress zone of the seam with stresses acting on the contact of the seam with the massif allows to reduce elastic-plastic problem to the boundary integral equation of the marginal task of the elasticity theory. The problem is solved by the method of successive approximations at each step of the iterative process: the size of limit stress zone is set, and then this equation is solved by the method of mechanical square, and then the stresses along the contact of the seam with massif are calculated. The calculations will be finished if the static boundary conditions are met at the boundary of the elastic and limit stress zone.
The plot of the reference pressure along the contact of the seam with the surrounding massif with small characteristics of the seam strength at its contact is a combination of alternating sections with constant and variable stresses. If these strength characteristics are close to the strength characteristics of the seam itself, the number of sections with constant stresses is reduced, and if they are equal, only one horizontal section remains.
Dependences are established related to the parameters of the seam limit stress zone on the strength characteristics at its contact with the massif. The graphs of changes in the width of the limit stress zone of the seam have the view of decreasing functions over the entire interval of changes in the internal friction angle at this contact. The graphs of the distribution of the stress concentration coefficient for small values of the internal friction angle at the seam contact
- Petukhov I.M., Linkov A.M. Mechanics of rock bumps and blow-outs. Moscow: Nedra, 1983. 280 p. (In Russ.).
- Chernov O.I., Puzyrev V.N. Prediction of sudden coal and gas emissions. Moscow: Nedra, 1979. 296 p. (In Russ.).
- Malyshev Yu.N., Trubetskoy K.N., Ayruni A.T. Fundamental and applied methods for solving the problem of coal seams. Moscow: IAGN, 2000. 519 p. (In Russ.).
- Kozyreva E.N. Possibilities for improving the efficiency of gas release control at the working area. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra VostNII po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Bulletin of VostNII scientific center on safety of work in the coal industry. 2017. № 3. pp. 30–35. (In Russ.).
- Cao J., Sun H., Wang B., Dai L., Zhao B., Wen G., Zhao X. A novel large-scale three-dimensional apparatus to study mechanisms of coal and gas outburst. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 2019. Vol. 118. pp. 52–62. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2019.04.002
- Zhao B., Wen G., Sun H., Sun D., Yang H., Cao J., Dai L., Wang B. Similarity criteria and coal-like material in coal and gas outburst physical simulation. International Journal of Coal Science & Technology. 2018. Vol. 5. Iss. 2. pp. 167–178. DOI: 10.1007/s40789-018-0203-8
- Borisov A.A. Mechanics of rocks and rock masses. Moscow: Nedra, 1980. 360 p. (In Russ.).
- Ruppeneyt K.V. Some issues of rock mechanics. Moscow: Ugletekhizdat, 1954. 384 p. (In Russ.).
- Fisenko G.L. Limit states of rocks around the workings. Moscow: Nedra, 1976. 272 p. (In Russ.).
- Li X., Kim E., Walton G. A study of rock pillar behaviors in laboratory and in-situ scales using combined finite-discrete element method models. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 2019. Vol. 112. pp. 21–32. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2019.03.030
- Wei G. Study on the width of the non-elastic zone in inclined coal pillar for strip mining. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. 2014. Vol. 72. pp. 304–310. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2014.09.013
- Kuznetsov G.N. Graphical methods of assessment of limit states in a fractured massif around mine workings. Sovremennye problemy mekhaniki gornyh porod (Modern problems of rock mechanics). Leningrad: Nauka, 1972. pp. 30–44. (In Russ.).
- Sokolovskiy V.V. Loose medium statistics. Moscow: Nauka, 1990. 272 p. (In Russ.).
- Cherdancev N.V., Presler V.T., Izakson V.Ju. The modeling of the unstable zones of the doubly connected rock mass with the strength anisotropism. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij bjulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2009. № 8. pp. 313–320. (In Russ.).
- Cherdantsev N.V. On Some Conditions for Occurrence of Ultimate Limit State of the Coal Seam Roof at its Development by the Room. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 5. pp. 17–23. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2017-5-17-23
- Cherdantsev N.V. The Results of the Numerical Solution of the Equations of the Limit State of the Seam Marginal Zone and their Approximation by the Polynoms. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 6. pp. 7–13. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-6-7-13
- Khristianovich S.A. Continuum mechanics. Moscow: Nauka, 1981. 484 p. (In Russ.).
- Lure A.I. Strength theory. Moscow: Nauka, 1970. 940 p. (In Russ.).
- Kantorovich L.V., Krylov V.I. Approximate methods of higher analysis. 5-e izd. Moscow–Leningrad: Fizmatgiz, 1962. 708 p. (In Russ.).