The problem of ensuring occupational safety at the mining enterprises is studied. Based on the joint analysis of a significant number of incidents, accidents, injuries, the best and the worst practices, the proven and mastered methods of the sufficiently reliable occupational safety were identified. Three main types of production control are considered: delayed, situational, advanced, their specific features, strengths and weaknesses are reviewed. The delayed type of control is traditional, easy to implement and required. However, the use of only this type of control will not help to significantly improve the level of occupational safety. Situational type of control allows to track the actions of personnel by monitoring hazardous production situations, i.e. real danger is controlled. The advanced type of production control ensures the recognition and prediction of the prerequisites for the emergence of hazardous production situations in the production process and its environment. Identified combinations of the conditions and factors for the emergence of hazardous production situations are eliminated in a planned manner. Thus, a production process is formed and maintained with the given parameters of safety, productivity, and labor efficiency.
Growth of the quality of the production process and its control allows significantly (several times) reduce the level of injuries, increase equipment productivity and labor efficiency. This requires a program of the targeted actions to improve occupational safety. It provides for the organizational solutions that ensure not only compliance with safety rules, but also the maintenance of the production process at the required quality level.
The program-target method was successfully used by the Siberian Department of Rostechnadzor for the work with the most hazardous factors, especially at the problematic enterprises of Kuzbass.
2. Wang Y., Fu G., Lyu Q., Wu Y., Jia Q., Yang X., Li X. Reform and development of coal mine safety in China: An analysis from government supervision, technical equipment, and miner education. Resources Policy. 2022. Vol. 77. p. 102777. DOI: 10.1016/j.resourpol.2022.102777
3. Lornudd C., Frykman M., Stenfors T., Ebbevi D., Hasson H., Sundberg C.J., Schwarz U. von T. A champagne tower of influence: An interview study of how corporate boards enact occupational health and safety. Safety Science. 2021. Vol. 143. p. 105416. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2021.105416
4. Niskanen T., Louhelainen K., Hirvonen M.L. A systems thinking approach of occupational safety and health applied in the micro-, meso- and macro-levels: A Finnish survey. Safety Science. 2016. Vol. 82. pp. 212–227. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2015.09.012
5. Artemev V.B., Dobrovolskiy A.I., Galkin V.A., Lisovskiy V.V., Makarov A.M., Kaledina N.O., Kravchuk I.L., Vorobeva O.V., Galkin A.V. The role of the manager and staff in ensuring production safety. Ser. «Library of a mining engineer-manager». Iss. 32. Moscow: Gornaya kniga, 2017. 48 p. (In Russ.).
6. Kilin A.B., Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M., Reznikov E.L., Kravchuk I.L., Peryatinskiy A.Yu. Reliable accident prevention as the basis for productivity and efficiency improvement. Ugol = Coal. 2022. № 1. pp. 18–25. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18796/0041-5790-2022-1-18-25
7. Nikitina D.A., Petryaev S.N., Sivokon I.S., Fomina E.E. Analysis of Experience in Building Operation Management Systems for the Foreign and Russian Oil and Gas Companies. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2021. № 2. pp. 69–74. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2021-2-69-74
8. Nikulin A.N., Dolzhikov I.S., Klimova I.V., Smirnov Yu.G. Assessment of the Effectiveness and Efficiency of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System at a Mining Enterprise. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2021. № 1. pp. 66–72. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2021-1-66-72
9. Shapovalenko G.N., Radionov S.N., Khazhiev V.A. Organization of the advanced type of control to ensure equipment operability on the cut «Chernogorskii». Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2015. № 5. pp. 306–312. (In Russ.).
10. Report on the results of the audit of the efficiency of the operation of the «Abashevskaya» mine safety system. Novokuznetsk, 2005. 85 p. (In Russ.).
11. Artemev V.B., Galkin V.A. Organizational aspect of a safety of coal output. Ugol = Coal. 2009. № 7. pp. 20–22. (In Russ.).
12. Peryatinskiy A.Yu. The concept of forming the production process of a mining enterprise with the parameters of an acceptable risk of injury. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = Proceedings of the Tula State University. Sciences of Earth. 2022. Iss. 2. pp. 113–130. (In Russ.). DOI 10.46689/2218-5194-2022-2-1-113-130
13. Kravchuk I.L., Zagretdinov Sh.N., Gusev A.I., Menshikov G.V. Main directions for improving industrial safety in OAO South Ural bauxite mines. Voprosy formirovaniya i effektivnogo funktsionirovaniya rynochnoy sistemy: mezhvuz. sb. nauch. tr. Vyp. 4 (Issues of the formation and efficient functioning of the market system: interacademic collection of the scientific papers. Iss. 4). — Magnitogorsk: MGTU im. G.I. Nosova, 2001. pp. 189–192. (In Russ.).