Experience of the construction and operation of the long linear objects shows that the change of the route thermal field occurs as a result of thermal and mechanical interaction of the underground pipelines with the environment. The consequence of these changes is the deviation of the pipeline spatial position from the design one, an increase in the longitudinal and transverse displacements and stresses, which ultimately can result in the loss of the pipeline carrying capacity and an emergency. One of the methods which allow assess the influence of thermal processes in the soil on the trunk pipelines strength reliability is monitoring of the change in the temperature field of the linear sections using thermometric wells located along the route.
The spectrum of soil temperature changes has the random nature and is individual for each section of the trunk pipelines linear part. The regularities of changes in the temperature field differ both in depth from the soil day surface and along the route of the trunk pipeline. As a result of this, the assessment of strength reliability of the trunk pipeline linear part should be based on the individual approach to each of the examined sections, depending on the depth of its laying and location on the route.
The approach described in the article allows to consider the random nature of the change in the soil temperature field at various depths from the day surface, specify the actual temperature difference for the examined section taking into account its location on the route, and to obtain more correct results when solving the tasks of the strength reliability assessment of the trunk pipelines linear part.
To increase the validity of the results of the reliability indicators calculation, it is required to perform: constant monitoring of the route temperature field of the trunk pipelines, which are at the operational stage, formation of the database of temperature values recorded on the linear part using thermometric wells, analysis and statistical processing of the results for subsequent integration into the calculation models of reliability indicators.
- Wang T., Zhou G., Wang J., Zhao X. Stochastic analyses of uncertain thermal characteristic of foundation soils surrounding the crude oil pipeline in permafrost regions. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2016. Vol. 99. pp. 591–598.
- Wang Y., Jin H., Li G. Investigation of the freeze-thaw states of foundation soils in permafrost areas along the China-Russia Crude Oil Pipeline (CRCOP) route using ground-penetrating radar (GPR). Cold Regions Science and Technology. 2016. Vol. 126. pp. 10–21.
- GOST 25358—2012. Soils. Field temperature determination method. Moscow: Standartinform, 2013. (In Russ.).
- STO Gazprom 2-2.3-184—2007. Methodology for calculating and justifying safety factors and stability of the trunk gas pipelines on the stage of operation and maintenance. Available at: https://internet-law.ru/stroyka/text/58957/ (accessed: October 2, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Filatov A.A., Golofast S.L. Problems of assessment of gas pipeline strength reliability. Gazovaya promyshlennost =Gas Industry Magazine. 2015. № 7 (725). pp. 45–48. (In Russ.).
- Golofast S.L. Problems of Reliability Assessment for Linear Part of Trunk Pipelines. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 4. pp. 36–40. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-4-36-40
- GOST 1497—84. Metals. Tensile test methods. Moscow: Standartinform, 2005. (In Russ.).
- Golofast S.L. Effect of Statistical Straggling of the Yield Strength of 17G1S Pipe Steel Grade on Strength Reliability of the Main Gas Pipelines. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 2. pp. 42–47. DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-2-42-47
- Golofast S.L. Influence of the actual regularities of the yield strength distribution of steel 17G1S per safety factor of sections of the trunk gas pipeline. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Oil Gas Exposition. 2019. № 3 (70). pp. 58–64. (In Russ.).
- SNiP 2.05.06—85. Trunk pipelines. Moscow: FGUP TsPP, 2005. 60 p. (In Russ.).
- STO Gazprom 2-2.1-318—2009. Instructions for design of the pipelines with longitudinal deformation compensation. Available at: https://ohranatruda.ru/ot_biblio/norma/248923/ (accessed: October 2, 2019). (In Russ.).
- ASME B31G—2009. Manual for Determining the Remaining Strength of Corroded Pipelines. New York: The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2009. 56 p.
- Golofast S.L., Vladova A.Yu., Lobodenko I.Yu. Design, development and support of the information system for geotechnical monitoring of the trunk pipeline. Nauka i tekhnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science and Technology of Pipeline Transport of Oil and Oil Products. 2016. № 2 (22). pp. 80–87. (In Russ.).
- Vladova A.Yu., Golofast S.L. Amplitude-frequency analysis of geotechnical monitoring data for the main pipeline. Nauka i tekhnika v gazovoy promyshlennosti = Science and Technology in Gas Industry. 2017. № 1 (69). pp. 88–99. (In Russ.).
- Golofast S.L., Vladova A.Yu. Integration of the monitoring results of the trunk pipelines technical condition. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Oil Gas Exposition. 2017. № 5 (58). pp. 76–81. (In Russ.).
- Filatov A.A., George M.S. Influence of the operating conditions of the gas pipeline on the indicators of its strength reliability. Nauka i tekhnika v gazovoy promyshlennosti = Science and technology in the gas industry. 2013. № 2 (54). pp. 75–82. (In Russ.).
- Cherpakov V.V. Development of the methodology for the formation of emergency pipe reserves using the example of gas pipelines in the Western Siberia: thesis... Candidate of Technical Sciences. Tyumen, 2007. 127 p. (In Russ.).
- Maritz J.S. Distribution-free statistical methods. 2nd Ed. London: Chapman & Hall, 1995. 256 p.
- Simakhin V.A. Robust nonparametric estimates: adaptive estimates of weighted maximum likelihood in the conditions of statistical a priori uncertainty. Saarbrucken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH&Co. KG, 2011. 292 p. (In Russ.).
- Vapnik V.N., Glazkova T.G., Koshcheev V.A., Mikhalskiy A.I., Chervonenkis A.Ya. Algorithms and dependency recovery programs. Moscow: Nauka, 1984. 815 p. (In Russ.).
- Shotskiy S.A. Analysis of the underground pipeline stress-strain state. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft i gaz = Oil and Gas Studies. 2009. № 3. pp. 65–68. (In Russ.).
- Shotskiy S.A. Strength assessment of the pipeline temperature-deformable sections, taking into account random nature of pipe materials yield strength. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Oil Gas Exposition. 2019. № 2 (69). pp. 75–79. (In Russ.).
- Wu Y., Sheng Y., Wang Y., Jin H., Chen W. Stresses and deformations in a buried oil pipeline subject to differential frost heave in permafrost regions. Cold Regions Science and Technology. 2010. Vol. 64. Iss. 3. pp. 256–261.