The article deals with the modern materials that are used to make ropes for sport and industrial needs, their distinctive features and fields of application. The vulnerability to mechanical, thermal and chemical damage is shown. The influence of acid solutions most commonly found in industry or in sport activities in the concentration, in which they are found in various detergents and cleaners, is investigated. The effect of acid solutions at brief and long contact with the rope is shown. Residual strength of the samples after such an exposure was checked.
The main criterion for visual control is the change in color contrast of the affected area.
Comparison of the residual strength of two samples with braids from different materials when exposed to H2SO4 at a concentration of 45 % for one hour is shown.
The main criteria for tactile control of the damaged area: an increase in the rope rigidity, an increase in the hardness of the braid in the affected areas, and the appearance of braid adhesional structure. The main condition of the core fibers after rope rupture: partial stretching of the core strands, separation of the braid from the core, stretching of individual strands of the core.
All the options of the effect of acids on the samples are negative, but not every effect can be easily detected. Particularly negative influence of H2SO4 and the highest concentrations of HCl are observed.
The polyester braid of the rope (compared with the polyamide) appeared to be a peculiar masking for detecting the chemical damage. Visually, even under the influence of H2SO4 with a concentration of 45 %, the braid looked better in comparison with other samples, which at this concentration resulted in the briad damage. Therefore, with various combinations of the materials in the construction, it is required to more carefully conduct an inspection of similar technological solutions.
- Gavrilova O.E., Nikitina L.L., Kanaeva N.S., Gerkina O.Yu. Review of the modern polymer materials used in the light industry. Vestnik Tekhnologicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of the Technological University. 2015. Vol. 18. № 1. pp. 276–278. (In Russ.).
- McLaren A.J. Design and performance of ropes for climbing and sailing. Journal of Materials Design and Applications. 2006. № 220 (1). pp. 1–12. DOI: 10.1243/14644207JMDA75
- Bodin A.M. Comparison of the properties of materials for the production of ropes used in rescue and salvage operations. Materialy I Natsionalnoy nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem: sb. (Materials of the I National Scientific and Practical Conference with international participation: Collected book). 2019. pp. 350–353. (In Russ.).
- Manin L., Mahfoudh J., Richard M., Jauffres D. Modeling the climber fall arrest dynamics. ASME 2005 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference. 2005. DOI: 10.1115/DETC2005-84131
- Korolchenko D., Vasilenko V., Lelikov G. Problems of the dynamic test method for individual protection equipment (shock absorbers). MATEC Web of Conferences. 2018. Vol. 193.
- Polandov Iu., Korolchenko D. The consideration of the turbulence influence on the gas explosion expansion in non-closed areas. MATEC Web of Conferences. 2017. Vol. 106. № 01040. DOI: 10.1051/matecconf/201710601040
- Goh Y.M. An empirical investigation of the average deployment force of personal fall arrest energy absorbers. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2014. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0000910
- Goh M.Y., Love P. Adequacy of personal fall arrest energy absorbers in relation to heavy workers. Safety Science. 2010. Vol. 48. Iss. 6. pp. 747–754. DOI: org/10.1016/j.ssci.2010.02.020
- Korolchenko D., Kholshchevnikov V. Conceptual problems of high-rise construction and differentiation of research within the urban environment system. MATEC Web of Conferences. 2017. Vol. 106. № 01038. DOI: 10.1051/matecconf/201710601038
- Pham N.T., Lelikov G., Korolchenko D. Improvement of the Safety Systems for Working at Heights on Transmission Towers. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2018. Vol. 365. DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/365/4/042054
- Baszczynski K. Dynamic strength tests for low elongation lanyards. International journal of occupational safety and ergonomics: JOSE. 2007. № 13 (1). pp. 39–48. DOI: 10.1080/10803548.2007.11076707
- Baszczyński K., Jachowicz M. Effect of mechanical factors on the protective parameters of textile elements in personal equipment protecting against falls from a height. Fibres and Textiles in Eastern Europe. 2011. Vol. 19. № 88 (5). pp. 117–124.
- Nikonov A., Saprunov I., Zupančič B., Emri I. Influence of moisture on functional properties of climbing ropes. International Journal of Impact Engineering. 2011. № 38 (11). pp. 900–909. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2011.06.003.
- Baszczynski K. Effect of repeated loading on textile rope and webbing characteristics in personal equipment protecting against falls from a height. Fibres and Textiles in Eastern Europe. 2015. № 23 (4). pp. 110–118. DOI: 10.5604/12303666.1152741.
- Vasilenko V., Korolchenko D., Thanh P.N. Definition of the inspection criteria for personal protective equipment (for work at heights) on example of full body harnesses. MATEC Web of Conferences. 2018. № 251 (64). DOI: 10.1051/matecconf/201825102042
- Karasev V.K., Sukhanov A.S. Maintenance and periodic inspection of PPE from falling from a height. Bezopasnost i okhrana truda = Safety and labor protection. 2016. № 4 (69). pp. 24–26. (In Russ.).
- GOST EN 1891—2014. Occupational safety standards system. Personal protective equipment against falls from a height. Low stretch kernmantel ropes. General technical requirements. Test methods (with amendment). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200116354 (accessed: November 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Stupakov A.A., Kapyrin P.D., Lelikov G.D., Semenov P.A., Vasilenko V.V. Stands for research of personal protective equipment against falls from a height. Vestnik MGSU = Vestnik MGSU. 2015. № 8. pp. 130–139. (In Russ.).
- GOST R 12.4.206—99. Occupational safety standards system. Personal protective equipment against falls from a height. Methods of testing. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200008452 (accessed: November 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST R ISO 2307—2014. Fibre ropes. Methods for determination of certain physical and mechanical properties. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200117539 (accessed: November 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Goh Y.M., Goh W.M. Investigating the effectiveness of fall prevention plan and success factors for program-based safety interventions. Safety Science. 2016. Vol. 87. pp. 186–194. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2016.04.007
- Pham N.T., Vasilenko V., Korolchenko D. Test and Certification Procedures of Pulleys as a Part of Personal Fall Arrest System. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2018. Vol. 365. DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/365/4/042057