G.G. Vasilyev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department I.A. Leonovich, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assistant A.P. Salnikov, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Moscow, Russia
The problem related to ensuring reliable and accident-free operation of the vertical steel tanks with aluminum dome roof fabricated in Russia is considered.
It is shown that the current methods of assessment of the stress-strain state of the aluminum dome roofs with the use of traditional geodetic devices (theodolites, electronic tachometers) possesses the number of essential shortcomings. To overcome this the new approach is proposed to diagnostics of technical condition of the aluminum dome roofs on the basis of application of technology of three-dimensional terrestrial laser scanning.
For assessment of efficiency of the given technology application as the perspective instrument of technical diagnostics the experimental work was conducted on assessment of the stress-strain state of the tank roof. Within the article the conical roof of Internal Floating Roof Tank (IFRT-5000) tank was considered. Modeling of the main bearing elements of the roof was carried out on the point cloud, which was obtained as a consequence of laser scanning of the roof from inside the tank. Modeling of all bearing elements was carried out considering GOST requirements to their cross dimensions, and taking into account their real geometrical form (deflections, torsions) and real spatial position.
As a result, the authors have received three-dimensional mathematical model of the basic bearing elements of the structure of IFRT-5000 conical roof taking into account all the deviations from design position, which were identified in the process of tank operation.
Obtained three-dimensional mathematical model of IFRT-5000 roof has been used for assessment of its stress-strain state under the influence of operational loads. At assessment of the stress-strain state of the roof the following has been considered: mechanical properties of bearing elements, own weight of the roof metal structures (including the flooring plates), uniform snow load (2 kPa).
The results of the performed work showed high efficiency and extensive prospects of use of the technology of terrestrial laser scanning for assessment of stress-strain state of the aluminum dome roofs for the tanks which are in operation.
1. Vostrov V.K., Vasilkin A.A. Optimization of heights of the tank wall girders. Montazhnye i spetsialnye raboty v stroitelstve = Installation and Special Works in Construction. 2005. № 11. pp. 37–40.
2. Vostrov V.K. Issues of calculation of vertical cylindrical steel tanks at design and technical diagnostics. Montazhnye i spetsialnye raboty v stroitelstve = Installation and Special Works in Construction. 2006. № 7. pp. 9–16.
3. Morovich G.L. The evolution of using aluminum dome roof tanks. BIC Magazine. 2016. Vol. 33. № 5. p. 80.
4. Myers P.E., Morovich G.L., Crochet E.J. Aluminum a good alternative to steel for fixed-roof tanks. Oil and Gas Journal. 1998. Vol. 96. Iss. 20. p. 66.
5. Ilyin E.G., Vostrov V.K. Snow loads and design parameters of spherical aluminum roofs for vertical cylindrical steel and reinforced concrete tanks. Nauka i tekhnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation. 2011. № 1. pp. 27–31.
6. Komarov P.A., Teregulov M.P. Electropulse removal of ice from the surface of dome roof from aluminum alloys. Neftegaz.RU. 2015. № 11–12. pp. 90–95.
7. SP 43.13330.2012. Sooruzhenie promyshlennykh predpriyatiy. Aktualizirovannaya redaktsiya SNiP 2.09.03—85 (SP 43.13330.2012. Construction of the industrial enterprises. Up-dated revision of SNiP 2.09.03—85). Мoscow: OOO «Analitik». 2012. 106 p.
8. STO 0030—2004. Rezervuary vertikalnye tsilindricheskie stalnye dlya nefti i nefteproduktov (STO 0030—2004. Vertical cylindrical steel tanks for oil and oil products). Мoscow: ZAO «TsNIIPSK im. Melnikova», 2004. 64 p.
9. SA-03-008—08. Rezervuary vertikalnye stalnye svarnye dlya nefti i nefteproduktov. Tekhnicheskoe diagnostirovanie i analiz bezopasnosti (SA-03-008—08. Vertical cylindrical steel tanks for oil and oil products. Technical diagnostics and safety analysis). Мoscow: ООО NPK «Izotermik», 2009. 288 p.
10. Rukovodstvo po bezopasnosti «Rekomendatsii po tekhnicheskomu diagnostirovaniyu svarnykh vertikalnykh tsilindricheskikh rezervuarov dlya nefti i nefteproduktov» (Safety guide «Recommendations on technical diagnostics of welded vertical cylindrical tanks for oil and oil products»). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200133803 (accessed: August 10, 2017).
11. Vasilyev G.G., Lezhnev M.A., Salnikov A.P., Leonovich I.A., Katanov A.A., Likhovtsev M.V. Analysis of experience of three-dimensional laser scanning at the objects of JSC «Transneft». Nauka i tekhnologii truboprovodnogo transporta nefti i nefteproduktov = Science & Technologies: Oil and Oil Products Pipeline Transportation. 2015. № 2 (18). pp. 48–55.
12. Vasilyev G.G., Lezhnev M.A., Leonovich I.A., Salnikov A.P. Problems and prospects of terrestrial laser scanning application at inspection of tanks. Transport i khranenie nefteproduktov i uglevodorodnogo syrya = Transport and Storage of Oil Products and Hydrocarbon Crude. 2016. № 1. pp. 21–23.
13. Salnikov A.P. Otsenka napryazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya rezervuarov po rezultatam nazemnogo lazernogo skanirovaniya: dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk (Assessment of the stress-strain state of the tanks based on the results of terrestrial laser scanning: Thesis… Candidate of Technical Sciences). Moscow, 2016. 167 p.
14. API Standard 653. Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction. Fifth Edition. Washington, 2014. 162 p.
15. API Recommended Practice 575. Inspection Practices for Atmospheric and Low-Pressure Storage Tanks. Third Edition. Washington, 2014. 96 p.
16. SP 128.13330.2012. Alyuminievye konstruktsii. Aktualizirovannaya redaktsiya SNiP 2.03.06—85 (SP 128.13330.2012. Aluminum structures. Up-to-date edition of SNiP 2.03.06—85). Мoscow: OOO «Analitik», 2012. 90 p.
17. GOST 31385—2016. Rezervuary vertikalnye stalnye dlya nefti i nefteproduktov. Obshchie tekhnicheskie usloviya (GOST 31385—2016. Vertical steel tanks for oil and oil products. General specifications). Мoscow: Standartinform, 2016. 95 p.
18. Vostrov V.К. Emergency design situations, emergency loads and safety of hazardous production facilities. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 20. pp. 60–68.
19. Nadezhnost stroitelnykh konstruktsiy i osnovaniy. Osnovnye polozheniya (GOST 27751—2014. Reliability of building structures and bases. Basic provisions). Мoscow: Standartinform, 2015. 16 p.