Important strategic task for achievement of zero level of occupational injuries is being solved in various areas of economic activity using common approaches based on the international standards and best practices of industry companies. By demonstrating adherence to common humanistic values pursued in the field of industrial, occupational and environmental safety, the leading oil companies are constantly increasing costs for occupational safety.
The leaders in oil and gas industry of the Russian Federation set high standards by introducing world-class proven methods in the field of occupational safety at their facilities. Digitalization of personal protective equipment, video and audio recording of industrial processes, record of microtraumas and elimination of their causes are in the focus of attention.
The priority area in prevention of occupational injuries and diseases is systematic, comprehensive and continuous education on occupational safety using modern educational technologies based on the competency approach. Acquaintance with the activities of the foreign companies of oil and gas industry facilitated implementation to the practice of the Russian companies the above-mentioned methods for personnel training, such as mentoring, shadowing, scaffolding, secondment, and coaching. The trend is the implementation of «70:20:10» approach with an emphasis on individual study of safe methods and techniques for work performance.
Companies activities on preservation of an employee life and health provide for constant interaction with the contractors in resolving issues in the field of occupational safety.
PAO «NK «Rosneft» shares its experience and confirms the efficiency of the approaches considered in the article when they are implemented as part of the company strategy developed in the field of industrial, occupational and environmental safety in all the aspects of production activity.
- Information on the work of the technical labor inspection of trade unions in 2018. Available at: http://rosprofprom.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/3-4Pril2.pdf (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Rosneft subsidiary presented smart PPE at the oil and gas forum in Tyumen. Available at: https://getsiz.ru/dochka-rosnefti-prezentovala-umn.html (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Mintrud prepared the draft law to record employee microtraumas. Available at: https://www.interfax.ru/russia/632280 (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Mintrud announced the statistics of occupational injuries in Russia. Available at: https://coko1.ru/news/protection-news/mintrud-ozvuchil-statistiku-proizvodstvennogo-travmatizma-v-rossii/ (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Ensuring occupational safety and maintaining personnel health of PAO «NK «Rosneft». Available at: http://www.trudcontrol.ru/press/publications/29139/obespechenie-professionalnoy-bezopasnosti-i-sohranenie-zdorovya-personala-pao-nk-rosneft (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the approval of the Concept for increasing the efficiency of ensuring compliance with labor laws and other regulatory legal acts containing labor law norms (2015–2020): order of the Government of the Russian Federation of June 5, 2015 № 1028-p. Available at: https://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/70977772/ (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the Methodological recommendations for the development and implementation in the subjects of the Russian Federation of the system of activities aimed at achieving the goals of the state policy in the field of occupational safety, taking into account the standard program for improvement of the working conditions and occupational safety in the subjects of the Russian Federation: letter of Mintrud of Russia dated September 13, 2013 № 15-3-2597. Available at: https://legalacts.ru/doc/pismo-mintruda-rossii-ot-13092013-n-15-3-2597/ (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the area of typical state program of the subject of the Russian Federation (subprogram of the state program) for improving labor conditions and occupational safety: letter of the Mintrud of Russia dated January 31, 2017 № 15-3/10/P-535. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/456072280 (accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Jennings C. 70:20:10 — Above All Else It’s a Change Agent. Available at: http://charles-jennings.blogspot.ru/2015/01/702010-above-all-else-its-change-agent.html (accessed: October 5, 2019).
- Vachkov I.V. Psychology of training work: substantive, organizational and methodological aspects of conducting training group management. Moscow: EKSMO, 2008. 416 p. (In Russ.).
- Rector of SKOLKOVO business school: what competencies and skills will be in demand in the next 5-10 years. Available at: http://trends.skolkovo.ru/2014/10/rektor-biznes-shkolyi-skolkovo-kakie-kompetentsii-i-navyiki-budut-vostrebovanyi-v-blizhayshie-5-10-let/(accessed: October 5, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Clutterbuck D. Everyone needs a mentor. Fostering talent in your organization. CIPD, 2001. pp. 27–28.
- Garvey B., Stokes P., Megginson D. Coaching and mentoring: theory and practice. 3rd Ed. Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018. 368 p.
- Panfilova A.P. Innovative pedagogical technologies. Active training: textbook. 4-e izd. Moscow: Izdatelskiy tsentr «Akademiya», 2013. 192 p. (In Russ.).
- Cunningham I., Dawes G. Secondments and Related Approaches. The Handbook of Work Based Learning. Routledge, 2016. pp. 318.
- Zhao R., Orey M. The scaffolding process: Concepts, features and empirical studies. Athens: University of Georgia, 1999.
- Parslou E., Rey M. Coaching in training: practical methods and techniques. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2003. 204 p. (In Russ.).