A.E. Bryuzgin, Discipline Head, email@example.com AO «KANEKS TEKhNOLOGIYa», Moscow, Russia V.V. Chernyshev, Deputy Head of Department Rostechnadzor, Moscow, Russia
High rates of mining industry development in recent years resulted in rethinking of the importance of cargo cableways as one of the types of industrial transport.
Due to the possibility to connect loading and unloading points directly, and at the same time not to depend on the terrain, natural obstacles or artificial structures, the total number of cableways is on the rise. However, exactly the big height of the ropes in combination with the significant effort of their tension (up to 80-100 tons) is an essential sign of cableways hazard.
These and other circumstances require a thorough approach to identification and forecast of hazards, risk assessment of emergency situations and implementation of measures to minimize and eliminate them completely.
Scheme for analyzing the probability and consequences of the identified hazardous events is presented considering presence and efficiency of the applied methods of control.
Maximum possible damage, as well as the probability of its occurrence is assessed for each hazardous situation and classified into the categories based on damage to the cableway or injury sustained by the specific worker. At the design and engineering stage of the cableway, the probability of damage, as a rule, is not always completely clear. Matrix is proposed for assessing both damage of the cableway and injuries to people.
Individual elements of the methodology for assessment and minimization of risks at the design stage of the cargo cableways, which are developed and actively used by the organizations specializing in the field of cable-transport systems are considered in the article. This allowed to significantly reduce the number of accidents on the cable transport.
Compliance with the requirements of safe operation, as well as the technical condition of the cableways, are regularly monitored by the supervision authorities and expert organizations. This requirement is fulfilled rigorously, as a rule, by all the participants of the design, manufacture, construction, operation. It defines the fact that of all known vehicles, the cableways, have the lowest indices on the number of accidents or incidents per unit volume of the transported cargo or the number of passengers.
Cableways have no equal on the sum-total of the parameters such as reliability, durability and safety, including environmental.
1. Annual report on the activities of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service in 2017. Available at: http://www.gosnadzor.ru/public/annual_reports/ (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
2. On Technical Regulation: Federal Law of December 27, 2002. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/901836556 (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
3. About the Fundamentals of the state policy of the Russian Federation in the field of industrial safety for the period up to 2025 and further perspective: Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 6, 2018 № 198. Available at: http://pravo.gov.ru/proxy/ips/?docbody=&firstDoc=1&lastDoc=1&nd=102468153 (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
4. Town Planning Code of the Russian Federation of December 29, 2004 № 190-FZ. Available at: http://www.tdesant.ru/info/item/100 (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
5. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 52 p. (In Russ.).
6. BS EN 12929-1:2015. Safety requirements for cableway installations designed to carry persons. General requirements. Requirements for all installations. Available at: https://shop.bsigroup.com/ProductDetail/?pid=000000000030277123 (accessed: September 30, 2018).
7. TR CU 010/2011. Technical Regulations of the Customs Union «On machine and equipment safety». Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902307904 (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
8. Methodological fundamentals on conducting hazards analysis and risk assessment of accidents at hazardous production facilities: Safety Guide. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200133801 (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
9. Recommendations for the construction and operation of material handling unidirectional and reversible ropeway installations, cable cranes and material handling funiculars (Edition 2010). In 8 books. 8 book. O.I.T.A.F. Available at: http://www.oitaf.org/english/oitaf_e-06.htm (accessed: June 30, 2018).
10. Safety rules for cargo cableways: Federal norms and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/499061808 (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
11. Tsalikov R.Kh., Akimov V.A., Kozlov K.A. Assessment of natural, technogenic and ecological safety of Russia. Moscow: VNIIGOChS, 2009. 464 p. (In Russ.).
12. GOST R ISO/IEC 31010—2011. Risk management. Risk assessment methods. Available at: http://gostexpert.ru/data/files/31010-2011/70918.pdf (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
13. Set of rules of SP 37.13330.2012. Industrial transport. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200095520 (accessed: June 30, 2018). (In Russ.).
14. Bovskiy G.N., Zhegulskiy I.V. Passenger cargo cableways. Moscow: Izd. tsentr DGTU, 2016. 210 p. (In Russ.).