V.I. Golik, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., email@example.com Yu.I. Razorenov, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Rector FGBOU VPO «North-Caucasian State Technological University», Vladikavkaz, Russia
The article purpose — definition of the opportunities of the technology for leaching of uranium from the off-spec metal-containing raw materials in the dump from the point of view of safety improving of labour protection and ecology. The evidence methods include systemization and critical analysis of the publications on the involved subject, the results of the experimental studies executed for mining enterprises, retrospective assessment and scientific forecast. The analysis was made concerning the specifics of work with radioactive mineral raw materials in view of existence in its composition of the natural radionuclides of the number of uranium. The results are given related to the industrial experiment on leaching of the uranium from lean ores of one of the fields of the Northern Kazakhstan. Processing operations of the lean processed ores are detailed. Data on consumption of hazardous chemicals and auxiliary materials and leaching indicators in the dump are systematized. The technology of construction of the leaching dump with subsequent burial of secondary tailings at the place of dump location is described.
It is shown that even at full compliance with design procedure for leaching the content of metals in leaching tailings remains rather high to use them in the finished products. Tailings remain the lean more dangerous in circulation, and their leaching in the dump does not solve the problem of wastelessness and radical increase in completeness of subsoil use. The forecast is made concerning the possibility of obtaining the ways of extraction of metals from off-spec resources, which are the tailings of extraction and processing.
Leaching of metals in the dump does not solve the problem of safety increasing of mining for live substance, and complicates radical processing of the stocks preserving value for perspective methods of deep processing. Therefore this technology cannot be considered as resource-saving and nature protection.
1. Tkach S.M., Batugin S.A. Stages of knowledge development about natural resources of the earth and mining sciences. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij bjulleten = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2015. № 3. pp. 137–152.
2. Ljashenko V.I. Improvement of the technologies and technical means at the mining enterprises of CIS nuclear power industry. Gornyj zhurnal = Mining Journal. 1999. № 12. pp. 65–66.
3. Lu X., Liu W., Zhao C., Chen C. Environmental assessment of heavy metal and natural radioactivity in soil around a coal-fired power plant in China. Journal of Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry. 2013. Vol. 295. № 3. pp. 1845–1853.
4. Wang Haifeng, He Yaqun, Duan Chenlong, Zhao Yuemin, Tao Youjun, Ye Cuiling. Development of Mineral Processing Engineering Education in China University of Mining and Technology. Advances in Computer Science and Engineering. AISC 141. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 2012. pp. 77–83.
5. Golik V.I., Brjuhoveckij O.S., Gabaraev O.Z. Tehnologii osvoenija mestorozhdenij uranovyh rud (Technologies of Development of Uranium Ores Fields). Moscow: MGIU, 2007. 31 p.
6. Sinclair L., Thompson J. In situ leaching of copper: Challenges and future prospects. Hydrometallurgy. 2015. Vol. 157. pp. 306–324.
7. Masloboev V.A., Seleznev S.G., Makarov D.V., Svetlov A.V. Assessment of ecological hazard of storing production waste of copper-nickel ores extraction and processing. Fiziko-tehnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznyh iskopaemyh = Physical and Technical Problems of Minerals Mining. 2014. № 4. pp. 138–153.
8. Karimov I.A., Hakimov K.Zh. Development of complex-structure uranium mineralization of the underground leaching. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij bjulleten = Mining Information-Analytical Bulletin. 2015. № 9. pp. 89–96.
9. Golik V.I., Stradanchenko S.G., Maslennikov S.A. Experimental study of non-waste recycling tailings ferruginous quartzite. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015. Vol. 10. № 15. pp. 35410–35416.
10. Bocharov V.A., Ignatkina V.A., Chanturija E.L., Jushina T.I., Hachatrjan L.S., Dunaeva V.N. On selection of possible ways of complex use of technogenic pyritic tailings in connection with their processing. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij bjulleten = Mining Information-Analytical Bulletin. 2015. № 10. pp. 56–63.
11. Polukhin O.N., Komashchenko V.I., Golik V.I., Drebenstedt C. Substantiating the possibility and expediency of the ore beneficiation tailings usage in solidifying mixtures production. Scientific Reports on Resource Issues Innovations in Mineral Ressource Value Chains: Geology, Mining, Processing, Economics, Safety, and Environmental Management. Freiberg, 2014. pp. 402–412.
12. Doifode S.K., Matani A.G. Effective Industrial Waste Utilization Technologies towards Cleaner Environment. International Journal of Chemical and Physical Sciences. 2015. Vol. 4. Special Iss. NCSC. pp. 536–540.
13. Krupskaja L.T., Golubev D.A., Volobueva N.G. Assessment of the ecological situation of the territory in the zone of Influence of tailings dumps with toxic waste. Sovremennye tendencii razvitija nauki i tehnologij = Current Trends of Science and Technologies Development. 2016. № 1–2. pp. 97–100.
14. Komashhenko V.I. Ecological and economic feasibility of utilization of mining wastes for the purpose of their processing. Izvestija Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o Zemle = News of Tula State University. Sciences about the Earth. 2015. № 4. pp. 23–30.
15. Chmyhalova S.V. Influence of the mining enterprise on the environment. Izvestija vysshih uchebnyh zavedenij. Gornyj zhurnal = News of Higher Educational Institutions. Mining Journal. 2012. № 5. pp. 80–84.
16. Golik V.I., Komashchenko V.I., Razorenov Yu.I. Activation of technogenic resources in disintegrator. Mine Planning and Equipment Selection Proceedings of the 22nd MPES Conference. Dresden, 2013. pp. 1101–1106.