A.G. Nasibulin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Head of Laboratory, email@example.com A.E. Goldt, Cand. Sci. (Chem.), Senior Researcher Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Skolkovo, Russia M.N. Overchenko, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), General Director Orica CIS CJSC, Moscow, Russia
The method is proposed related to marking of industrial explosives using the coding particles on the principle of chemical bar-code in the binary system of coding where figures 1 and 0 show respectively the presence or lack of chemical elements specified in the code. Creation of the unique combination of chemical elements inside each marker is the basis for the methods.
For the objective of obtaining information about the producer, identification of the type and the place of explosives storage it is required to make marking of products by introduction of microcarriers. Marking should contain the code designations of the producing country and explosives producer, lot numbers and the dates of production.
The main complexity when obtaining information on explosives after explosion is material selection. It is required to have confidence that the particles-markers are present for sure in the analyzed sample, and they had not undergone any changes. Use of magnetic particles-markers can reduce labor intensity of the procedure of analysis, and existence of any additional unique signs makes it possible to simplify significantly the process of their identification. The following shall be referred to the main requirements when developing the markers: inertness to explosives; manifestation of magnetic properties for simplification of sampling before explosion and after it; unambiguity of reading the code and the set of unique signs, such as the form, the size, etc.
In article the new method of marking the explosives which meets above-mentioned requirements is considered. The results of industrial tests of the coding particles are presented, the approaches to their identification from the soil samples and decoding are proposed.
1. O ratifikatsii Konventsii o markirovke plasticheskikh vzryvchatykh veshchestv v tselyakh ikh obnaruzheniya: feder. zakon ot 24 iyulya 2007 g. № 201-FZ (About ratification of the Convention on marking plastic explosives for the objective of their detection: Federal Law of July 24, 2007 № 201-FL). Available at: http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/bank/25977 (accessed: October 12, 2017).
2. Pui K.L. Method of tagging with color-coded microparticles. Pat. US 4053433 А. № 05/551,061. Applied: February 19, 1975. Published: October 11, 1977.
3. Welle R.P. Isotopic taggant method and composition. Pat. US 5760394 A. № 08/668,648. Applied: May 17, 1996. Published: June 02, 1998.
4. Bachurin L.V., Maslov I.Yu., Yudin N.V. Sposob markirovki vzryvchatogo veshchestva (The method for marking of the explosive). Pat. RU 2609224 S1. № 2005101380/02. Applied: June 06, 2012. Published: January 31, 2017. Bulletin № 4.
5. Serikov R.I., Kulagin Yu.A. Markiruyushchaya dobavka vo vzryvchatoe veshchestvo, sposob ee prigotovleniya, sposob opredeleniya proiskhozhdeniya vzryvchatogo veshchestva i ustroystvo dlya ego osushchestvleniya (Marking additive to the explosive, the method of its preparation, the method for determining the origin of the explosive and the device for its implementation). Pat. RU 2283823 S1. № 2012123402. Applied: January 24, 2005. Published: September 20, 2016. Bulletin № 26.
6. Keinan E., Lerner R.A. Taggants and method of using same. Pat. US 20120082997 А1. № 13/154,457. Applied: June 07, 2011. Published: April 05, 2012.
7. Bezopasnost vzryvchatykh veshchestv i izdeliy na ikh osnove: sb. dokumentov (Safety of Explosives and Products on Their Basis: Collection of Documents). Ser. 13. Iss. 13. Мoscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2015. 48 p.
8. Ryan F.M., Miller R.C. Phosphor identification method, particularly adapted for use with explosives, for providing a distinctive information label. Pat. US 4013490 A. № 05/496,672. Applied: August 12, 1974. Published: March 22, 1977.
9. Boyars С. Taggants with explosive induced magnetic susceptibility. Pat. US 4359399 A. № 06/181,924. Applied: August 27, 1980. Published: November 16, 1982.
10. Steenblik R.A., Hurt M.J., Knotts M.E., Martin B.S. Microstructured taggant particles, applications and methods of making the same. Pat. WO 2003098188 A2. № PCT/US2003/015650. Applied: May 19, 2003. Published November 27, 2003.
11. Jain S., Skamser D.J., Kodas T.T. Morphology of single-component particles produced by spray pyrolisis. Aerosol Science and Technology. 1997. Vol. 27. № 5. pp. 575–590.
12. Gadalla A.M., Hsuan-Fu Yu. Thermal decomposition of Fe(III) nitrate and its aerosol. Journal of Materials Research. 1990. Vol. 5. № 6. pp. 1233–1236.