A.S. Pecherkin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., First Dep. General Dir., firstname.lastname@example.org STC «Industrial Safety» CJSC, Moscow, Russia
The main documents are described in the article which determine the principles and participants of the procedure for extending the service life of the critical equipment in various sectors of the economy of the Russian Federation (defence — military equipment, aviation — aviation equipment, power engineering — equipment of nuclear power plants, hazardous production facilities). It is shown that the state is acting as the regulator of the procedure for extending the equipment life in the first three cases. The document regulating service life extension is the normative legal act, the initiator of the beginning of the procedure for extending the service life is, as a rule, the owner/operator of the equipment. In the procedure of the service life extension, several interested parties are involved: the owner; developer (designer/structural designer); manufacturer (both as a whole, and components); scientific or specialized organization conducting research and tests; the state. The decision on extension of the service life is made taking into account the operating conditions, safety requirements for life and health of people, environmental protection, as well as the actual condition of the equipment. The procedure for service life extension is «not related» to the procedure of expertise or conformity assessment. In Rostechnadzor there is no normative legal act that clearly regulates the procedure for extending the term of safe operation of technical devices, equipment and structures operated at hazardous production facilities. The current Rules for conducting industrial safety expertise illegally broadly interpret the provisions of Federal Law № 116-FZ of July 21, 1997 «On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities», establishing that the assessment of the actual condition should be made by means of technical diagnostics, which is carried out not for the purpose of identifying compliance of technical device with industrial safety requirements, but for the purpose of residual life estimation.
1. Gray C. Recognizing and Understanding Revolutionary Change in Warfare: The Sovereignty of Context. Carlisle Barracks: Strategic Studies Institute, US Army War College, 2006.
2. Karlik A.E., Fontanel Zh., Shcherbinin A.V. Prospects for the development of the Russian defence industry complex. Ekonomicheskoye vozrozhdeniye Rossii = Economic Reconstruction of Russia. 2012. № 33. pp. 24–29. (In Russ.).
3. Achasov O.B., Kotov M.A., Kozlanzhi V.G. Fields for improvement of the research and methodological mechanism for substantiating the development of armaments, military and special equipment of general-purpose forces, taking into account the changes of the armed struggle character. Vooruzheniye i ekonomika = Armament and Economics. 2015. № 3 (32). pp. 33–38. (In Russ.).
4. Kablov E.A. Materials of the new generation — basis of innovation, technological leadership and national security of Russia. Intellekt i Tekhnologii = Intellect and Technology. 2016. № 2 (14). pp. 16–20. (In Russ.).
5. Barzilovich E.Yu., Voskoboyev V.F. Operation of aviation systems on state. Moscow: Transport, 1981. 187 p. (In Russ.).
6. Nesterenko G.I. Residual strength of the reinforced structures with extensive and multifocal fatigue damages. Trudy TSAGI (Proceedings of TsAGI). 2002. Iss. 2658. pp. 112–117. (In Russ.).
7. Barabanshchikov V.V., Gorbunov E.V. Efficiency of intensive technical operation of the aeroplanes. Resources and service life of the aviation equipment. Reshetnevskiye chteniya: materialy XVII Mezhdunar. nauch. konf., posvyashchennoy pamyati generalnogo konstruktora raketno-kosmicheskikh sistem akad. M.F. Reshetneva (Reshetnev Readings: Materials of the XVII International Scientific Conference Dedicated to the Memory of the General Designer of Rocket and Space Systems of the Academician M.F. Reshetnev). In 2 parts. Pt. 1. Krasnoyarsk: SibGAU, 2013. pp. 358–359. (In Russ.).
8. Vorobyev V.G., Konstantinov V.D. Reliability and technical diagnostics of the aviation equipment: Textbook. Moscow: MGTU GA, 2010. 448 p. (In Russ.).
9. Voronin L.M., Bakirov M.B., Baranenko V.I., Yanchenko Yu.A., Nigmatulin B.I., Nemytov S.A. Technical and economic aspects of nuclear power plants decommissioning. Atomnaya tekhnika za rubezhom = Nuclear Energy Technology Abroad. 1999. № 5. pp. 3–7. (In Russ.).
10. Platonov P.A. Assessment of the state and forecast of the service life of graphite masonry of RBMK reactors. Cb. dokl. «Opyt konstruirovaniya yadernykh reaktorov» (Collection of Reports «Experience of Designing Nuclear Reactors»). Moscow: FGUP «NIKIET», 2002. 174 p. (In Russ.).
11. Ivanov S.I. Current state and dynamics of the development of nuclear power complex of Russia. Izvestiya RAN. Ser. «Energetika» = News of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Series «Power Engineering». 2007. № 1. pp. 3–9. (In Russ.).
12. GOST RV 15.702—94. The system for the development and delivery of products for production. Military equipment. Procedure for establishment and extension of the assigned service life, life span, shelf life. Moscow: Gosstandart Rossii, 1994. (In Russ.).
13. NTERAT GA—93. Instructions on technical operation and repair of the aviation equipment in civil aviation of Russia: Order of the Air Transport Department of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation of June 20, 1994 № DV-58. Available at: http://zakonrus.ru/avia/nterat-93.htm (accessed: July 23, 2018). (In Russ.).
14. Temporary provision on the organization and conducting of works on the establishment of the service life and terms of civil aviation equipment: Order of the Federal Aviation Service of Russia of February 19, 1998 № 47. Available at: http://law.rufox.ru/view/19/93000687.htm (accessed: July 23, 2018). (In Russ.).
15. NP-017—2000. Basic requirements for extending service life of the nuclear power plant unit: Federal norms and rules. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/542622324 (accessed: July 23, 2018). (In Russ.).
16. NP-001—15. General provisions for ensuring safety of nuclear power plants: Federal norms and rules: Order of Rostechnadzor of December 17, 2015 № 522. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200034210 (accessed: July 23, 2018). (In Russ.).
17. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2017. 52 p. (In Russ.).
18. Rules for conducting industrial safety expertise: Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. 4-e izd., ispr. Ser. 26. Iss. 12. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2018. 28 p. (In Russ.).
19. RD 03-421—01. Methodical guidelines for making diagnostics of technical condition and identifying the residual life of the vessels and apparatus: Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia Decree of September 6, 2001 № 39. 2-e izd., ispr. Ser. 03. Iss. 17. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2018. 134 p. (In Russ.).
20. RD 06-565—03. Methodical guideliness on the procedure for extending service life of technical devices, buildings and structures with the expired normative period of operation in the mining industry: Decree of Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia of June 5, 2003. Ser. 06. Iss. 2. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2018. 44 p. (In Russ.).
21. RD 10-112—96. Methodical guidelines for the inspection of hoisting machines with expired service life. Part 1. General Provisions: Decree of Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia of March 28, 1996 № 12. Available at: http://www.nppego.com/Libr/Docs/Metod/10_112_96.pdf (accessed: July 23, 2018). (In Russ.).
22. SO 153-34.17.470—2003. Instructions on the procedure for inspection and extension of the service life of steam pipelines above the economic life: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 30, 2003 № 273. Ser. 17. Iss. 43. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2014. 68 p. (In Russ.).
23. SO 153-34.17.442—2003. Instruction on the procedure for extending service life of the drums of high-pressure boilers: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 30, 2003 № 269. Available at: http://snipov.net/database/c_4294966492_doc_4294813013.html (accessed: July 23, 2018). (In Russ.).
24. SO 153-34.17.469—2003. Instruction on extension of safe operation life of the steam boilers with working pressure up to 4 MPa inclusive and hot water boilers with a water temperature above 115 °C: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 24, 2003 № 254. Ser. 20. Iss. 10. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2016. 134 p. (In Russ.).
25. SO 153-34.17.455—2003. Instruction on the extension of service life of steam pipelines from centrifugally cast pipes at thermal power plants: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 24, 2003 № 250. Ser. 17. Iss. 42. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2012. 40 p. (In Russ.).
26. Instructions for extension of the service life of the pressure vessels: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 24, 2003 № 253. Ser. 20. Iss. 1. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2018. 76 p. (In Russ.).
27. SO 153-34.17.464—2003. Instruction on extension of the service life of II, III and IV categories pipelines: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 30, 2003 № 275. Ser. 17. Iss. 36. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2018. 138 p. (In Russ.).
28. RD 10-577—03. Typical instructions for metal control and service life extension of the main elements of boilers, turbines and pipelines of thermal power plants: Decree of Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia of June 18, 2003 № 94. Ser. 17. Iss. 38. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2018. 130 p. (In Russ.).
29. SO 153-34.17.448—2003. Instruction on service life extension of the main elements of the turbines and compressors of power gas-turbine plants: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 24, 2003 № 252. Ser. 17. Iss. 41. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2016. 56 p. (In Russ.).
30. SO 153-34.17.440—2003. Instruction for service life extension of the steam turbines beyond the economic resource: Order of Minenergo of Russia of June 30, 2003 № 274. Ser. 17. Iss. 40. Moscow: ZAO NTTS PB, 2012. 178 p. (In Russ.).
31. P-01-01—2017. The List of the normative legal acts and the normative documents related to the field of activity of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service (Section I «Technological, construction, power supervision»): Rostechnadzor Order № 254 of July 10, 2017. Available at: http://sudact.ru/law/prikaz-rostekhnadzora-ot-10072017-n-254-ob/p-01-01-2017/ (accessed: July 23, 2018). (In Russ.).
32. Kozin Yu.N., Pecherkin A.S., Pokrovskaya O.V. Non-destructive testing is the element of industrial safety expertise. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2000. № 2. pp. 9–14. (In Russ.).
33. Belov M.I., Zheltov V.E., Pecherkin A.S., Pinyayev A.V., Pokrovskaya O.V. Experience and specifics of functioning of Industrial Safety Expertise System. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2001. № 4. pp. 8–11. (In Russ.).
34. Pecherkin A.S. Prospects for the development of the Unified System of Conformity at the objects supervised by Rostechnadzor. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2009. № 1. pp. 9–10. (In Russ.).