For ensuring fire safety, it is required to bring the legal and regulatory and regulatory-technical base in the field of fire safety in line with the up-to-date requirements based on the scientific research and development. However, the application of the requirements for the provision of primary fire extinguishing equipment (portable fire extinguisher) to the premises of industrial buildings and the calculation estimates according to the proven methods is impossible in the on-line mode and in the conditions of time pressure.
Estimates regarding the equipment and efficient use of the portable fire extinguishers at the initial stage of a fire allowed to formulate the information and analytical support for equipping premises in the industrial buildings with primary fire extinguishing equipment at the initial stage of a fire.
Developed information and analytical support make it possible to justify the minimum required number of portable fire extinguishers, as well as the efficiency of use, considering their technical characteristics. And for its practical implementation, an algorithm was developed that allows an assessment of the provision of portable fire extinguishers for the premises of the building.
Practical application of the information and analytical support for the provision of primary fire extinguishing equipment (portable fire extinguisher) in specific situations allows to make prompt, reasonable and effective management decisions. It also allows assessing safe use of the portable fire extinguishers by the personnel of the enterprise when extinguishing a fire in the industrial buildings, avoiding litigation, removing administrative barriers, improving the scientific and experimental and educational and material base of the scientific and educational organizations, forensic expert institutions, switching to more reasonable engineering and technical, organizational measures in terms of providing the object of protection with primary fire extinguishing means.
2. Kurbatskiy O.M., Smelkov G.I., Isavnin N.V. Methodology for assessing fire extinguishing ability of the fire extinguishers. Moscow: VNIIPO, 1976. 19 p. (In Russ).
3. Voloshenko A.A. Development of an assessment on the use of primary fire extinguishing agents in buildings of various classes of functional fire hazard. Problemy i perspektivy: sb. materialov XV Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. molodykh uchenykh (Ensuring life safety: problems and prospects: collection of materials of the XV International Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists). In 2 volumes. Vol. 2. Minsk: UGZ, 2021. pp. 15–17. (In Russ).
4. Thyer A.M. A review of installations, standards and design requirements of fixed and on-board fire suppression systems. Available at: https://www.hse.gov.uk/research/hsl_pdf/2005/hsl0545.pdf (accessed: January 25, 2022).
5. Bordakov V.N. Parametric Justification for Equipping the Object with Fire Extinguishers. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 5. pp. 17–28. (In Russ). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-5-17-28
6. Krasnov E.V., Vaysman M.N., Smirnov A.S., Smirnov S.A. Analysis of the normative regulation of powder formulations and fire extinguishers in Russia and abroad. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2013. Vol. 22. № 1. pp. 7–14. (In Russ).
7. Ivannikov V.P., Klyus P.P. Reference manual of the fire-fighting head. Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1987. 288 p. (In Russ).
8. Koshmarov Yu.A., Bashkirtsev M.P. Thermodynamics and heat transfer in the fire business: textbook. Moscow: Vysshaya inzhenernaya i pozharno-tekhnicheskaya shkola MVD SSSR, 1987. 444 p. (In Russ).
9. Lobaev I.A., Kaziev M.M., Voloshenko A.A., Bezborodov V.I. Full-Scale Fire Experiment to Assess the Flammability of Materials when Exposed to a Heat Flux. Tekhnologii tekhnosfernoy bezopasnosti = Technology of Technosphere Safety. 2019. № 4 (86). pp. 37–44. (In Russ). DOI: 10.25257/TTS.2019.4.86.37-44
10. Lobaev I.A., Uvarov I.A., Voloshenko A.A. Estimated assessment of equipping the premises of buildings with various classes of functional fire hazard with primary fire extinguishing means. Nadzornaya deyatelnost i sudebnaya ekspertiza v sisteme bezopasnosti = Supervisory activity and forensic examination in the safety system. 2021. № 2. pp. 23–28. (In Russ).
11. Borodina E.Yu., Polkovnikov E.V., Vysotskaya E.A. Calculation of the primary fire extinguishing equipment at an enterprise. Povyshenie effektivnosti ispolzovaniya mobilnykh energeticheskikh sredstv v razlichnykh rezhimakh dvizheniya: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf., posvyashchennoy 115 godovshchine so dnya rozhdeniya professora Kharitonchika Efima Mironovicha (Improvement of the efficiency of the use of mobile energy means in various modes of movement: materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference Dedicated to the 115th Anniversary of the Birth of Professor Yefim Mironovich Kharitonchik). Voronezh: FGBOU VO Voronezhskiy GAU, 2017. pp. 303–308. (In Russ).
12. On approval of the Rules for Fire Regime in the Russian Federation (as amended on May 21, 2021): Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of September 16, 2020 № 1479. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/565837297 (accessed: January 25, 2022). (In Russ).