D.O. Bukleshev, Candidate, firstname.lastname@example.org FSBEI HE «Samara State Technical University», Samara, Russia
It is established that the operation of pipelines on technical state requires the transition from periodic monitoring to continuous one without technological process shutdown. Changes of stressed-deformed state of the pipeline under the influence of operational and natural-climatic factors have significant effect on the strength of the structure. In addition, due to corrosion and mechanical loads, the centers of pipes corrosion cracking are emerging. The origin of corrosion cracks and their development occur very quickly and avalanche-like, and the nature and speed of propagation are hardly predictable.
Dependence of the tensile strength of weld-affected zones of the pipelines in a stressed-deformed state on the degree of corrosion damage is considered in the article. With the help of ANSYS software package, corrosion damage of the weld-affected zone was modelled and its maximum level was determined for safe operation of the pipeline using criterion of stress-deformed state and the tensile strength of pipe steel. Precise value of stress intensity at the top of corrosion crack was determined for pipe steel using the finite element method and computer simulation.
In the course of the conducted analysis the need and possibility of improving safety of pipeline transport were confirmed by studying the regularities of changes in the physical and mechanical properties of the base metal and welded pipe joints during operation. This will allow to more precisely determine the resource of structures in order to reduce the probability of accident and improve industrial safety of the main pipelines operation.
1. Bukleshev D.O. Practical study of the dependence of corrosion rate of gas pipelines welded joints on external factors. Tekhnicheskie nauki — ot teorii k praktike: materialy LXII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Technical Sciences — from Theory to Practice: the Materials of the LXII International Scientific and Practical Conference). Novosibirsk: SibAK, 2016. pp. 22–32.
2. Semenov L.A. Mathematical modeling of stress-corrosion crack using CAE-systems. Naukovedenie = Scientology. 2015. Vol. 7. № 2. pp. 1–16.
3. Kasyanov A.N. Otsenka rabotosposobnosti okoloshovnykh zon koltsevykh svarnykh soedineniy magistralnykh truboprovodov: dis. … kand. tekhn. nauk (Evaluation of the Serviceability of the Main Pipelines Weld-affected Zones of Annular Welded Joints: Thesis ... Candidate of Technical Science). Moscow: OAO «Orgenergogaz», 2012. 151 p.
4. Zhuk N.P. Kurs teorii korrozii i zashchity metallov (Course of Theory of Corrosion and Protection of Metals). Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1976. 473 p.
5. Ovchinnikov I.G., Bubnov S.A. Application of ANSYS software package to the calculation of the thick-walled pipeline subjected to high-temperature local hydrogen corrosion. Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta. Novaya seriya. Seriya «Matematika. Mekhanika. Informatika» = News of Saratov University. New Series. Series «Mathematics. Mechanics. Computer Sciences». 2011. Vol. 11. № 3–2. pp. 100–102.
6. Bukleshev D.O., Yagovkin N.G. Mathematical modeling of stresses formation in the weld-affected zones of gas pipelines and their behavior under loads using ANSYS software product. Territoriya «NEFTEGAZ» = Territory of «NEFTEGAZ». 2016. № 10. pp. 14–18.
7. Vorkov V.A., Kapralova E.O., Fedotenko M.A., Agafonov A.V. Investigation of the corrosion defects effect on pipelines strength. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk = News of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2012. Vol. 14. № 1 (2). pp. 529–533.
8. Goryainov D.S., Balakirov S.N., Gusev A.A. Modeling and study of the process of laser welding of U10A steel. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk = News of Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2015. Vol. 17. № 1. pp. 231–236.
9. Stanley G. Pipeline Diagnosis Emphasizing Leak Detection: An Approach and Demonstration. Available at: http://gregstanleyandassociates.com/PipelineMonitoringApproach.pdf (accessed: December 6, 2017).
10. Zaffino K. In-line Inspection Technology to Detect, Locate, and Measure Pipeline Girth Weld Defects. Available at: http://www.energy.ca.gov/2015publications/CEC-500-2015-028/CEC-500-2015-028.pdf (accessed: December 6, 2017).
11. Péterfalvi F. Modernizing the leakdetection system for MOL’s oil-products pipelines — Part 1. Pipeline Science and Technology. 2017. Vol. 1. № 2, September 2017. pp. 153–160.
12. API Standard 1104. Welding of Pipelines and Related Facilities. Available at: https://pubs.aws.org/Download_PDFS/API-21edition-2013-PV.pdf (accessed: December 6, 2017).