During gas transportation operations in extreme low-temperature natural and climatic conditions of the Far North, one of the urgent issues is the assessment of the probability of personnel death in the event of emergencies and occupational diseases during regular operation when operating the technological equipment of the compressor stations of main gas pipelines. The article discusses the results of an assessment based on the developed methodology for calculating integral indicators of the risk of damage to the life and health of employees of the compressor stations of main gas pipelines in the conditions of the Far North, aimed at ensuring the safety of personnel in the workplaces.
When creating the methodological approach, specific features affecting the level of safety of life and health of personnel were considered, such as: microclimate, the mechanism of brittle destruction of equipment metal, temperature inversion, prolonged exposure to aggregates noise, etc. To determine the influence of each of the listed factors, a single criterion for assessing damage to the health of personnel (days of under-living) located directly at the investigated hazardous production facility (compressor stations of main gas pipelines) was selected and justified: machinists, automation and metrological support fitters, repair fitters. Based on the statistical data, the damage of under-living to retirement age is determined, adjusted for the conditions of the Far North in the event of the death of an employee of each profession in the event of an emergency at a compressor station. Further, in the range from the beginning of employment to the estimated age of death calculated above, the damage from occupational diseases is determined.
These provisions of the methodological approach for assessing the cumulative damage to health allowed to develop recommendations for calculating insurance payments in the event of the death of an employee, calculating additional payments for harmful and hazardous working conditions and design changes in the form of the use of special coatings for pipelines for reducing the occupational risk of personnel of the compressor stations of main gas pipelines in given conditions.
2. Zakharova M.I. Risk assessment of the emergency expiration of gas from the gas pipeline under abnormal meteoconditions of the North. Problemy analiza riska = Issues of Risk Analysis. 2018. Vol. 15. № 2. pp. 78–85. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.32686/1812-5220-2018-15-2-78-85
3. STO Gazprom 2-2.3-351-2009. Guidelines for conducting risk analysis for hazardous production facilities of gas transmission enterprises of OAO Gazprom. Мoscow: ОAО «Gazprom», 2009. (In Russ.).
4. Shakirova E.T. Evaluation of working conditions and health status of the employees at modern gas transportation enterprises: thesis ... Candidate of Medical Sciences. Saint Petersburg, 1996. (In Russ.).
5. Biddle E. Development and application of a classification system for industrial injuries and occupational diseases. Entsiklopediya po okhrane i bezopasnosti truda = Encyclopaedia of Occupalional Health and Safety. 4th ed. ILO. Available at: http://base.safework.ru/iloenc?find=&barsearch=Elyce+Biddle&whereSelect=-1&barod.x=0&barod.y=0 (accessed: August 15, 2022). (In Russ.).
6. Zahm Sh.H. Measuring the effects of exposure to harmful factors. Entsiklopediya po okhrane i bezopasnosti truda = Encyclopaedia of Occupalional Health and Safety. 4th ed. ILO. Available at: http://base.safework.ru/iloenc?d&nd=857000228&prevDoc=857400265 (accessed: August 15, 2022). (In Russ.).
7. Terekhov A.L., Drobakha M.N. Modern methods of reducing the noise of turbo-compressor units. Мoscow: Nedra, 2008. 366 p. (In Russ.).
8. Alekseev I.N., Terekhov A.L. Assessment of occupational hazards for gas transmission providers. Vesti Gazovoy Nauki: nauch.-tekhn. sb. (Gas Science Bulletin: scientific-technical collection book). 2020. № 1. pp. 164–172. (In Russ.).
9. STO Gazprom 18000.1-002—2020. Identification of hazards and risk management in the field of industrial safety. Saint Petersburg: PAO «Gazprom», 2020. (In Russ.).
10. GOST R 58771—2019. Risk management. Risk assessment technologies. Moscow: Standartinform, 2020. (In Russ.).
11. Methodology for determining the calculated values of fire risk at production facilities (approved by Order of July 10, 2009, № 404). Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/902170886 (accessed: June 14, 2022). (In Russ.).
12. R 2.2.1766—03. Guidelines on occupational risk assessment for workers' health.Organizational and methodological aspects, principles and criteria (approved by the Chief State Sanitary Doctor, First Deputy Minister of Health of the Russian Federation G.G. Onishchenko on June 24, 2003). Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/901902053 (accessed: June 14, 2022). (In Russ.).
13. R 2.2.2006—05. Guide on Hygienic Assessment of Factors of Working Environment and Work Load. Criteria and Classification of Working Conditions (approved by the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation G.G. Onishchenko on July 29, 2005). Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200040973 (accessed: June 14, 2022). (In Russ.).
14. Khrupachev A.G., Khadartsev A.A. Occupational risk. Theory and practice of calculation. Tula: Izd-vo TulGU, 2011. 330 p. (In Russ.).