The results are given concerning the analysis of forecasting methods of coal and gas sudden outburst at the mines of Kuzbass. At the depths below the outburst hazard on critical factor, the current forecast method is used which is based on controlling the main outburst hazard factors (rock pressure, gas in-situ pressure, coal strength). Control is implemented on the initial outgassing rate and the output of drill cuttings during the interval drilling of check boreholes. In practice, the simplified version of this method is used - according to the structure of the reservoir and the initial rate of gas release when drilling test pits. Both of the specified approaches require a lot of time, which led to the need for implementing the automated geophysical methods: the most common of them are spectral-acoustic and microseismic, also called acoustic emission method. In addition to them, gas analysis and temperature methods are known.
Each of the four methods listed separately gives an insufficiently reliable forecast. To increase reliability the method is substantiated analytically, where the stress state is controlled by the spectral-acoustic method, and the gas factor is determined by the gas analytical method (on gas concentration at roadhead). The coal strength is periodically measured by the device for coal strength measurement. The principle of work of this device is based on the implementation of the metal punch into coal under the action of the spring mechanism. The outburst hazard index is determined by the spectral-acoustic method, and its critical value is continuously adjusted based on the measurements of gas concentration at the road head by the air-gas control equipment.
The results of the presented studies will be used for developing the methodology of determining the critical value of the outburst hazard index by spectral-acoustic method for specific mining-and-geological and mining conditions of the development of workings.
- Newsletter of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. № 4 (97). 60 p. (In Russ.).
- Annual report on the activity of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service in 2017. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 420 p. (In Russ.).
- Artemev V.B., Galkin V.A., Kravchuk I.L. Production safety (organizational aspect). Moscow: Gornaya kniga, 2015. 144 p. (In Russ.).
- Ivanov Yu.M. Complex ensuring safety at the enterprises of AO SUEK-Kuzbass. Podzemnaya ugledobycha XXI vek-2: Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Underground coal mining of the XXI century-2: Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2018. № 11 (spec. iss. 49). Vol. 2. pp. 326–332. (In Russ.).
- Khodot V.V. Sudden outburst of coal and gas. Moscow: Gos. nauch.-tekhn. izd-vo lit-ry po gornomu delu, 1961. 364 p. (In Russ.).
- Chernov O.I., Puzyrev V.N. Forecast of sudden coal and gas outburst. Moscow: Nedra, 1979. 296 p. (In Russ.).
- Chaojun Fan, Sheng Li, Mingkun Luo, Wenzhang Du, Zhenhua Yang. Coal and gas outburst dynamic system. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2017. Vol. 27. Iss. 1. pp. 49–55. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmst.2016.11.003
- Vardar O., Zhang C., Canbulat I., Hebblewhite B. A semi-quantitative coal burst risk classification system. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2018. Vol. 28. Iss. 5. pp. 721–727. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmst.2018.08.001
- Jiabo Geng, Jiang Xu, Wen Nie, Shoujian Peng, Chaolin Zhang, Xiaohang Luo. Regression analysis of major parameters affecting the intensity of coal and gas outbursts in laboratory. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2017. Vol. 27. Iss. 2. pp. 327–332. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmst.2017.01.004
- Black D.J. Investigations into the identification and control of outburst risk in Australian underground coal mines. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2017. Vol. 27. Iss. 5. pp. 749–753. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijmst.2017.07.006
- Radchenko A.G., Shalovanov O.L., Skopich T.I., Radchenko A.A. Factors determining the formation and manifestation of Donbass coals outburst hazard. 3-ya konf. Mezhdunar. nauch. shkoly akad. K.N. Trubetskogo «Problemy i perspektivy kompleksnogo osvoeniya i sokhraneniya zemnykh nedr»: sb. dokl. (3rd Conference of the International Scientific School of Academician K.N. Trubetskoy «Problems and Prospects for the Integrated Development and Conservation of Earth Subsoil»: Collection of Papers). Moscow: IPKON RAN, 2018. pp. 276–279. (In Russ.).
- Instructions for the forecast of dynamic phenomena and monitoring of the rock mass when mining coal deposits: Federal norms and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 05. Iss. 49. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 150 p. (In Russ.).
- Rudakov V.A., Zakharochkin S.P. The methodology of distinguishing coal seams sections into hazardous and non-hazardous on sudden coal and gas outbursts. Voprosy povysheniya bezopasnosti gornykh rabot na shakhtakh: materialy nauch.-prakt. konf. (Issues of improving safety of mining works at the mines: Collection of Writings of the International Scientific and Practical Conference). Kemerovo: Kuzbassvuzizdat, 2003. pp. 62–66. (In Russ.).
- Knurenko V.A., Rudakov V.A., Egorov P.V., Surkov A.V. Regional forecast of the outburst hazard of Kuzbass coal seams. Kemerovo: Akademiya gornykh nauk, 1997. 119 p. (In Russ.).
- Zykov V.S., Egorov P.V., Potapov P.V. Forecast and prevention of sudden coal and gas outbursts in the mining faces of coal mines. Kemerovo: Kuzbassvuzizdat, 2003. 198 p. (In Russ.).
- Shadrin A.V. All-round Geophysical Forecast of Coal Seams Outburst Hazard. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 1. pp. 42–48. DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-1-42-48. (In Russ.).
- Puzyrev V.N., Vershinin N.G. Improvement of the method of forecasting outburst hazard and non-hazardous areas on gas release from the holes. Borba s gazom, vnezapnymi vybrosami i pozharami v ugolnykh shakhtakh: sb. nauch. tr. (Fighting gas, sudden outbursts and fires at the coal mines: Collection of scientific papers). Kemerovo: VostNII, 1975. Vol. 24. pp. 144–160. (In Russ.).
- Mirer S.V., Khmara O.I., Shadrin A.V. Spectral-acoustic forecast of the outburst coal seams. Kemerovo: Kuzbassvuzizdat, 1999. 92 p. (In Russ.).
- Shadrin A.V., Kontrimas A.A., Teleguz A.S. Comparative analysis of options for applying spectral-acoustic method of gas-dynamic phenomena forecasting. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1755-1315/206/1/012042/pdf (accessed: April 15, 2019). DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/206/1/012042
- Ivanov B.N., Kheyfets A.G., Ayurov V.D. Automated method of forecasting outburst zones of coal seams at the mines of Donbass. Prognoz i predotvrashchenie vnezapnykh vybrosov pri provedenii podgotovitelnykh vyrabotok na vybrosoopasnykh plastakh: sb. nauch. soobshch. № 252 (Forecast and prevention of sudden outbursts when making development workings on the outburst-prone seams: Collection of scientific writings. № 252). Moscow: IGD im. A.A. Skochinskogo, 1986. pp. 70–74. (In Russ.).
- Babenko V.S., Tkachenko E.S., Zelenskaya E.I. Comparison of various criteria for the outburst of coal seams when making development workings. Ugol = Coal. 1991. № 7. pp. 60–61. (In Russ.).
- Shadrin A.V. Geophysical criterion of pre-outburst crack propagation in coal beds. Journal of Mining Science. 2016. Vol. 52. Iss. 4. pp. 670–682.
- Shadrin A., Diyuk Yu. Geophysical criterion of preoutburst coal outsqueezing from the face space into the working. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology. 2019. Vol. 29. Iss. 3. pp. 499–506. DOI: 10.1016/j.IJMST.2018.11.001