The method is proposed concerning the reduction of the blast load on the buildings and structures from the incident blast wave when implementing scenarios of emergency explosions at the objects of oil and gas industry by creating the protective barrier. It is established that gas permeable barriers or screens have the greatest efficiency in reducing the shock loads. When the shock wave passes through the layers of the gas-permeable screen, the pressure at its front decreases and the wave profile changes. Such protective screens should be located along the path of the shock wave in the immediate vicinity from the source of the explosion. It is shown that multilayer screens made of steel sheets in combination with the layer of porous material have the best dissipative properties. Use of several protective screens can vary the parameters of the incident shock wave, which effects buildings and structures.
The configuration of the device model was developed on reducing the incident shock wave intensity during explosions of fuel-air mixtures at hazardous production facilities in the form of a combined damper — attenuator of the shock wave of the explosion. The main function of the attenuator is to reduce the blast load due to its absorption of the shock wave energy. The model of the device is a protective barrier located between the source of the explosion and the protected object, which serves as an obstacle to the effect of the shock wave and helps to dissipate its energy.
Using numerical modeling, thanks to which it was possible to evaluate the efficiency of the developed design of the attenuator, the blast load, which influences the operator building during the implementation of the emergency explosion scenario, will decrease from 40 to 2 kPa. Thus, the protection measure in the form of the attenuator allows to minimize the magnitude of the blast load on the buildings and structures.
- Gelfand B.E., Silnikov M.V. Blast effects of explosions. Saint-Petersburg: OOO «Izdatelstvo «Poligon», 2002. 272 p. (In Russ.).
- Turygina I.A. Numerical simulation of the interaction of the blast waves with the permeable obstacles: thesis... Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. N. Novgorod, 2016. 131 p. (In Russ.).
- Selivanov V.V., Kobylkin I.F., Novikov S.A. Blast technologies: Textbook for higher education. 2-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow: Izd-vo MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, 2014. 519 p. (In Russ.).
- Nesterenko V.F. Impulse loading of heterogeneous materials. Novosibirsk: Nauka. Sibirskoe otdelenie, 1992. 200 p. (In Russ.).
- Kiselev S.P. Structure of compression blast waves in porous elastoplastic materials. PMTF = PMTF. 1998. Vol. 39. № 6. pp. 27–32. (In Russ.).
- Gubaydullin A.A., Dudko D.N., Urmancheev S.F. Effect of air shock waves on the obstacles covered with a porous layer. Vychislitelnye tekhnologii = Computational technologies. 2001. Vol. 6. № 3. pp. 7–20. (In Russ.).
- Nevskaya E.E. Improvement of the stability of buildings and structures during explosions of fuel-air mixtures at the objects of oil and gas industry: thesis... Candidate of Technical Science. Moscow: RGU (NIU) nefti i gaza im. I.M. Gubkina, 2018. 122 p. (In Russ.).
- Landau L.D. On the shock waves at the far distances from the place of their occurrence. Prikladnaya matematika i mekhanika = Applied mathematics and mechanics. 1945. Vol. 9. № 4. pp. 286–292. (In Russ.).
- Landau L.D. Continuum mechanics: hydrodynamics and the theory of elasticity. Moscow–Leningrad: OGIZ: Gos. izd-vo tekhn.-teoret. lit., 1944. 624 p. (In Russ.).
- Lighthill M.J. Viscosity effects in sound waves of finite amplitude. Surveys in Mechanics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1956. pp. 250–351.
- Sultanov A.Sh. To the acoustic theory of the interaction of the shock wave with the porous medium: Abstract of the thesis... Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Ufa, 2007. 26 p. (In Russ.).
- McKenzie J.F., Westphal K.O. Interaction of linear waves with oblique shock waves. Physics of Fluids. 1968. Vol. 11. pp. 2350–2362.
- Naugolnykh K.A. On the transition of the shock wave into the acoustic one. Akusticheskiy zhurnal = Acoustic journal. 1972. Vol. 18. № 4. pp. 579–583. (In Russ.).
- Smirnov S.G., Terekhin A.S., Nevskaya E.E., Nesterov N.S. Combined silencer for power plants. Patent RF № 154807. F01N 1/24 (2006.01). Applied: May 14, 2015. Published: September 10, 2015. Bulletin № 25.
- Gebbeken N., Döge T. Explosion protection: architectural design, urban planning and landscape planning. International Journal of Protective Structures. 2010. 1 (1). pp. 1–21.
- API Recommended practice 752. Management of Hazards Associated with Location of Process Plant Permanent Buildings. Washington, 2009. 40 p.