Analysis of the current regulatory framework of the Russian Federation in the field of occupational risk assessment, as well as current methods and guidelines with recommendatory nature, showed that at present there is no adequate methods that allows to fully assess possible risks in the workplace.
The article deals with the issues of assessing the risk of damage to the employee health in the electric power industry based on the information that most fully describes the potentially possible risk of injury to health. Mathematical tool was proposed and substantiated for calculating the risk of damage to health based on the complex approach to the analysis of such basic data as an information about working conditions, safety of personal protective equipment, results of periodic medical examinations, individual parameters of the employee (age and work experience), results of work injuries investigation.
In order to take into account possible consequences for an employee as a result of exposure factors not identified in the framework of the special assessment of working conditions, the occupational rate was developed, and also an occupational injury rate was introduced, which is required for recording work injuries that occurred in the last 5 years.
As a result of the analysis of the existing classifications of risk levels it is established that the most appropriate is the risk assessment using the four-level scale that simultaneously meets the requirements of the regulatory-legal documents of the Russian Federation, and the recommendations of the Russian and international standards in the field of risk assessment.
To assess the complex effect on the magnitude of risk of causing harm to the health of the employee in the power sector, the algorithm was proposed, based on which the risk values were calculated for the employees of the branch of the electric grid company and classified by risk groups.
- Promotional framework for occupational safety and health convention. Available at: https://www.ilo.org/dyn/normlex/en/f?p=NORMLEXPUB:12100:0::NO::P12100_ILO_CODE:C187 (accessed: March 10, 2019).
- On the approval of the Rules for referring the types of economic activity to the class of professional risk: Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 1, 2005 № 713. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_56833/ (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- R 2.2.1766—03. Guidelines for assessment of the occupational risk for health of the employees. Organizational and methodological foundations, principles and evaluation criteria. 2.2. Occupational hygiene. Available at: https://ohranatruda.ru/ot_biblio/norma/246225/ (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- The methods for calculating individual occupational risk, depending on the working conditions and state of employee health. Methodological recommendations. Moscow, 2011. 20 p. (In Russ.).
- Kendall M., Gibbons J.D. Rank Correlation Methods. Charles Griffin Book Series. 5th Ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990.
- Kondrateva O.E., Kravchenko M.V., Petrova A.A. Special assessment of working conditions: shortcomings of the methods and ways of improvement. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya = Occupational medicine and industrial ecology. 2016. № 12. pp. 38–41. (In Russ.).
- About approximate terms of temporary disability at the most common diseases and injuries: the letter of the Social Insurance Fund of the Russian Federation dated September 1, 2000 № 02-18 / 10-5766. Available at: http://r82.fss.ru/129751/142183/142187.shtml (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the state of sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the Russian Federation population in 2017: State report. Available at: https://rospotrebnadzor.ru/documents/details.php?ELEMENT_ID=10145 (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST R ISO / IEC 31010—2011. Risk management. Risk assessment methods. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200090083 (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Anuar B., Furnell S., Papadaki M., Clarke N. A risk index model for security incident prioritization. Available at: https://ro.ecu.edu.au/ism/108/ (accessed: March 10, 2019).
- DOI: 10.4225/75/57b52a66cd8b5
- R 188.8.131.520—04. Guide risk assessment for population health when exposed to chemicals that pollute the environment. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200037399 (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the application of risk-oriented approach when organizing the certain types of state control (supervision) and the introduction of changes to some acts of the Government of the Russian Federation: Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated August 17, 2016 № 806. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_203819/92d969e26a4326c5d02fa79b8f9cf4994ee5633b/ (accessed: March 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Fishburn P.C. Utility theory for decision making. Available at: https://www.amazon.com/Utility-theory-decision-making-Fishburn/dp/0882757369 (accessed: March 10, 2019).