Abstract The level of acceptability of risks associated with the health and life of people should strive for minimum values. However, the use of unreasonably low limits of acceptability results in the formation of impossible tasks due to socio-economic situation, industry specifity, the occurrence of unpredictable incidents and, accordingly, to the incorrect selection of priorities for preventive measures and violations in the risk management system.
The methodology is proposed for acceptable risk assessment based on statistical observations on employee injuries in the relevant economic sector, and the ratio of the number of non-removable identified hazards through labor protection measures to the number of identified hazards at the enterprise. This methodology was tested at the construction and processing industries using data from the enterprises on previously identified occupational hazards as part of the procedures for implementation of occupational health and safety management system.
In practice, various approaches are applied to risk assessment. For many of them, the acceptable risk determined by the proposed methodology can be used by way of ranking criterion as the limit of minimum field.
Proposed substantiation of acceptable occupational risk limits by assessment of the specifics of domestic industry and the field of production activities when used in ranking allows to correct the preventive occupational safety measures.
- Tweede Kamer National Environmental Policy Plan. The Hague: SDU Publishers (ISSN 0921–7371), 1988–1989. pp. 24–37.
- To Choose or to Loose. National Environmental Policy Plan. The Netherlands. The Netherlands SDU Publishers, 1988. pp. 91–99.
- Covello V.T., Merkhofer M.W. Risk Assessment Methods: Approaches for assessing health a environmental risks. New York; London: Plenum Press, 1993. 318 p.
- Kaplan S. The words of risk analysis. Risk Analysis. 1997. Vol. 17. № 4. pp. 407–417.
- Grazhdankin A.I., Pecherkin A.S., Nikolaenko O.V. On the Establishment of the Tolerable Risk Levels of Accident for Assessment of Compensatory Measures Sufficiency in Substantiation of Safety of Hazardous Production Facility of Oil and Gas Complex. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 12. pp. 51–57. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2017-12-51-57
- Timofeeva S.S. Modern methods of professional risk assessment and their significance in the occupational safety management system. XXI vek. Tekhnosfernaya bezopasnost = XXI century. Technosphere safety. 2016. № 1. pp. 14–24. (In Russ.).
- Bykov A.A. Risk rationing: foreign approaches and recommendations for Russia. Nauka i strategiya na sluzhbe bezopasnosti: sb. st. (Science and strategy on safety service: collected works). Moscow: MChS Rossii, 2005. pp. 189–210. (In Russ.).
- ISO 45001:2018. Occupational health and safety management systems — Requirements with guidance for use. Available at: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:45001:ed-1:v1:en (accessed: May 20, 2019).
- GOST 126.96.36.199—2018. Occupational Safety Standards System. Occupational Safety Management Systems. Risk assessment methods to ensure safety of work. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200160465 (accessed: May 20, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Grazhdankin A.I., Razumnyak N.L. Fixed Assets of Industry — Technical and Economic Basis for Ensuring Industrial Safety. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 12. pp. 57–64. DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-12-57-64 (In Russ.).
- Russian statistical yearbook. 2018: Russian statistics digest. Moscow: Rosstat, 2018. 694 p. (In Russ.).
- The level of the fixed assets depreciation in the Russian Federation by the end of the year per types of economic activity on the full range of organizations, in percentage terms. Available at: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/business/osnfond/stizn_ved2.xlsx (accessed: May 20, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Specific structure of commercial organizations fixed assets (without small entrepreneurship) in the Russian Federation at the end of 2017, taking into account the revaluation made at the end of the reporting year per types of economic activity. Available at: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/business/osnfond/VID_STR_11.xlsx (accessed: May 20, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Sansakorn P., An M. Development of Risk Assessment and Occupational Safety Management Model for Building Construction Projects. International Journal of Civil, Environmental, Structural, Construction and Architectural Engineering. 2015. Vol. 9. № 9. pp. 1248–1255.
- Esipov Yu.V. The concept of possibility-based risk assessment for technogenic systems. Avtomatika i Telemekhanika = Automation and Telemechanics. 2003. № 7. pp. 5–12. (In Russ.).
- Uğur L.O., Baykan U.N. An Invistigation About the Fuzzy Logic Aplications in Construction Management. Düzce University Journal of Science & Technology. 2016. Vol. 4. pp. 207–226.