The design of the new type mine ventilation wall is described, the main advantages of which are pre-fabrication and high insulating properties. The stated parameters are ensured, owing to the fact that in the proposed design of the ballscrew the main section of working is overlapped by the bed (fire-fighting blanket, if required), and air is pumped into the air hose located along the perimeter of the bed. In this case, the insulating properties are achieved due to «smoothing» of the unevenness and roughness of the mine working by the air hose. Due to the fact, that in the proposed solution there is no need for filling the entire mine wall with the air, the time spent on its construction, as well as the energy cost for pumping a large volume of air into it are reduced.
In order to determine the performability of the proposed solution, the mathematical modeling of the load on the mine ventilation wall with varying pressure of the ram air was carried out. Maximum permissible air flow rate in the mine workings is specified as 10 m/s. Analytical expressions are also given that allow to calculate the force acting in the air hose at different air pressures in it and for different hose diameters. As an example, the calculations are presented for the mine workings made by the Ural-20R heading machine. This type of machine is used in the potash mines of the Verkhnekamsky potassium and magnesium salts deposit. Based on the obtained calculation results, the design of the main frame of the wall for these mines was developed, along the perimeter of which the air hose will be located, and the bed will be placed on top of the whole structure.
- Nikolaev A.V. Dependence of the electricity consumption of the main fan installation on the method of ventilation of potash mines mining sites. Vestnik Permskogo natsionalnogo issledovatelskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo = Bulletin of the Perm National Research Polytechnic University. Geology. Oil-and-gas and mining. 2011. № 1. pp. 143–151. (In Russ.).
- Nikolaev A.V. Analysis of the theoretical formula that determines the value of the natural draft between the air supply and ventilation shafts. Geologiya, geofizika i razrabotka neftyanykh i gazovykh mestorozhdeniy = Geology, geophysics and the development of oil and gas fields. 2009. № 10. pp. 72–75. (In Russ.).
- Osipov S.N., Dadan V.M. Fire dynamics in the horizontal mine working. Ugol Ukrainy = Coal of Ukraine. 1967. № 9. pp. 35–38. (In Russ.).
- Baltaytis V.Ya., Markovich Yu.M. Determination of the thermal parameters of means for the underground fire localization. Razrabotka mestorozhdeniy poleznykh iskopaemykh = Development of mineral deposits. Kiev: Tekhnsha, 1981. pp. 55–62. (In Russ.).
- Mahadevan V., Ramlu M.A. Fire Risk Rating of Coal Mines due to Spontaneous Heating. Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels. 1985. № 33. pp. 357–362.
- Banerjee S.C. Spontaneous Fire Risk Estimation and its Prevention. Prevention and Combating Mine Fires, 2000. 119 p.
- Nimaje D.S., Tripathy D.P. Thermal Studies on Spontaneous Heating of Coal. The Indian Mining & Engineering Journal, 2010. pp. 10–21.
- Gangopadhyay P.K., Dutt-Lahiri K. Detecting Coal Fires with Remote Sensing: A Comparative Study of Selected Countries. Resource Management in Asia-Pacific Region (RMAP) Working Paper. 2005. Vol. 3. №. 58. pp. 79–86.
- The Charter of the militarized mine-rescue unit on the organization and maintenance of mine-rescue operations: Order of the EMERCOM of Russia of June 9, 2017 № 251. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_223484/ (accessed: March 11, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Nikolaev A.V., Alymenko N.I., Nikolaev V.A., Alymenko D.N., Kamenskikh A.A. On the need for a new approach to the issue of using mine ventilation isolating devices to improve safety and efficiency. Aktualnye problemy povysheniya effektivnosti i bezopasnosti ekspluatatsii gorno-shakhtnogo i neftepromyslovogo oborudovaniya: materialy IV Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Gornaya i neftyanaya elektromekhanika» (Topical issues of increasing an efficiency and safety of operation of mining and oilfield equipment: materials of the IV International scientific-practical conference «Mining and Petroleum Electromechanics»). Perm: Izd-vo PNIPU, 2017. pp. 96–113. (In Russ.).
- Bulgakov Yu.F., Trofimov V.A., Melnikova Ya.V Assessment of the sustainability of mine workings ventilation in case of fires. Ugol Ukrainy = Coal of Ukraine. 2011. № 5. pp. 23–26. (In Russ.).
- Trevits M.A., McCartney C., Roelots H.J. Testing and evaluation of an inflatable temporary ventilation control device. Printed works of SME Annual Meeting and Exhibit. Denver, 2009. pp. 9–18.
- Ovcharenko G.V., Pikhkonen L.V. Perspective trends of methods for isolating underground workings when extinguishing fires in the coal mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining information and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2015. № 7. pp. 373–380. (In Russ.).
- Rakhutin V.S., Russkikh V.V. Pneumatic walls for ore deposits development systems with laying out the worked-out area. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining information and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2003. № 2. pp. 200–202. (In Russ.).
- Nikolaev A.V., Alymenko N.I., Nikolaev V.A. Mine ventilation wall. Patent RF. № 116575. MPK E21F17/107. Applied: January 11, 2012. Published: May 27, 2012. Bulletin № 15.
- Safety rules for solid minerals mining and processing: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 03. Iss. 78. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 302 p. (In Russ.).
- Nikolaev A.V., Alymenko N.I., Nikolaev V.A., Gazizullin R.N. Device for fast and reliable isolation of mine workings from air masses and flue gases. Aktualnye problemy povysheniya effektivnosti i bezopasnosti ekspluatatsii gorno-shakhtnogo i neftepromyslovogo oborudovaniya: materialy V Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Gornaya i neftyanaya elektromekhanika» (Topical issues of increasing efficiency and safety of operation of mining and oilfield equipment: materials of the V International scientific-practical conference «Mining and petroleum electromechanics»). Perm: Izd-vo PNIPU, 2018. pp. 202–208. (In Russ.).