The psychological analysis for the problem of the human factor of industrial injuries is presented in the article. The urgency of considering the problem of industrial injuries from a psychological point of view is substantiated. The characteristics of the factors influencing the efficiency of production activities are given.
The results are presented concerning the empirical study conducted at the petrochemical enterprise with the employees in the production of monomers using an assessment of the ergonomic working conditions and causes of injuries, psychodiagnostic techniques. The reliability of the study results was achieved by using the methods of mathematical statistics (correlation analysis by Brave-Pearson and Vard methods).
The specificity of the manifestation of psychophysiological characteristics of the employee in the morning, day and night shifts is specified. The possibility is provided to predict the risks of human errors in non-standard situations at the level of psychological diagnostics.
The possibilities of using psychological measures in the prevention of injuries at the stage of occupational selection are described.
The results of study demonstrate the possibility of reducing injury rate by differentiating employees based on the psychophysiological indicators and determining the optimal working time.
Conclusions are formulated regarding the influence of psychological factors on the efficiency and safety of the work activity. It is advisable to consider the psychophysiological characteristics of the employees in professional selection, determination of the shift work schedule and admission to occupational activity.
The need is defined related to studying the causes and factors of injury rate from the standpoint of analyzing critical periods of time that require special attention and control from the medical and psychological services of the enterprises and departments of occupational and industrial safety.
- ILO. Strategic plenary session: «The Future of Occupational Safety in Russia — Safety and Prevention Culture». Available at: https://www.ilo.org/global/about-the-ilo/how-the-ilo-works/ilo-director-general/statements-and-speeches/WCMS_690061/lang--en/index.htm (accessed: October 28, 2020).
- Vision Zero. Available at: http://visionzero.global/ru (accessed: October 28, 2020).
- Mintrud of Russia became an official partner for the global campaign of the Concept of «zero injuries». Available at: https://rosmintrud.ru/labour/safety/261 (accessed: October 28, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Tamminen N., Reinikainen J., Appelqvist-Schmidlechner K., Borodulin K., Mäki-Opas T., Solin P. Associations of physical activity with positive mental health: A population-based study. Mental Health and Physical Activity. 2020. Vol. 18. DOI: 10.1016/j.mhpa.2020.100319
- OSART Mission Highlights 2016–2018. Operational safety practices in nuclear power plants. Available at: https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/files/19/11/osart_mission_highlights_2016-2018_r4.pdf (accessed: October 28, 2020).
- Yuan X., Li Y., Xu Y., Huang N. Curvilinear effects of personality on safety performance: The moderating role of supervisor suppor. Personality and Individual Differences. 2018. Vol. 122. pp. 55–61. DOI: 10.1016/J.PAID.2017.10.005
- On the approval of Recommendations for the development of plans of localization and liquidation of accidents at explosion and fire hazardous and chemically hazardous production facilities: order of Rostechnadzor dated December 26, 2012. № 781. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902389563 (accessed: October 28, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Chelnokov A.A., Yushchenko L.F. Occupational Health & Safety. Minsk: Vysheyshaya shkola, 2009. 463 p. (In Russ.).
- Matyukhin V.V., Bukhtiyarov I.V., Yushkova O.I., Shardakova E.F., Yampolskaya E.G., Elizarova V.V., Poroshenko A.S., Kapustina A.V., Kalinina S.A., Rubtsov M.Yu., Oniani Kh.T., Lagutina G.N., Merkulova A.G. Labor physiology role in workers of different type labor activity workability and health. Progress and prospects. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya = Occupational Health and Industrial Ecology. 2013. № 6. pp. 19–24. (In Russ.).
- Voronkova L.B., Taroev E.N. Occupational health and safety in the petrochemical industry: textbook. Мoscow: Akademiya, 2012. 207 p. (In Russ.).
- Davydov V.P., Kiryanov Yu.G. Analysis of accident and injury rates at the enterprises supervised by Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 1999. № 4. pp. 2–8. (In Russ.).
- Barabash V.I., Stepanova I.P. Psychological aspects of the occupational safety. Komsomolsk-na-Amure: KNAPI, 1994. 35 p. (In Russ.).
- Dubrovina O.I. Labor psychology, engineering psychology and ergonomics: textbook. Tyumen: Izd-vo Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2015. 224 p. (In Russ.).
- Rybnikov V.Yu. Prognosis-2 express methodology for assessing the neuropsychic instability of candidates for study at the university. Tez. dokl. na I vsearmeyskom soveshchanii (Theses at the First all-army meeting). Мoscow: Voenizdat, 1990. pp. 132–135. (In Russ.).
- Doskin V.A., Lavrenteva N.A., Miroshnikov M.P., Sharay V.B. Differential self-assessment test of the functional state. Voprosy Psychologii = Psychology questions. 1973. Vol. 19. № 6. pp. 141–145. (In Russ.).