Е.О. Labetskaya, Cand. Sci. (Econ.), Leading Researcher, email@example.com Primakov National Institute of World Economy and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IMEMO RAS), Moscow, Russia
XXI century opens the new opportunities not only for the multilateral co-operation of the member countries of the Eurasian Economic Union in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation, but also for their involvement in the international projects in Trans-Arctic — in the emerging virtual space. The promising format for this interaction can be the creation of the Eurasian-Arctic partnership on the basis of the Eurasian Economic Union. The most actual areas of cooperation could become: environmental protection, ecological and food security both for small and indigenous people of the North, and in a global context; and also the cooperation in the development of safety systems for transport logistic infrastructure in the severe conditions of high latitudes. The scientific schools of the member countries of the Eurasian Economic Union formed on the basis of the Soviet polar researches have the personnel potential for work in these fields. An important resource can be the national Diaspora of these countries successfully operating in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation. In future Eurasian-Arctic partnership has all the prerequisites to become the key element of Trans-Arctic.
Although today the majority of experts agree that there are no conflicts and military threats in the Arctic, the reasonability of the development of some system of measures of trust and cooperation for Trans-Arctic is quite obvious. The first step in this direction can be taken within the frame of the Eurasian-Arctic rimland.
1. Ivanitskaya E.V. Arctic as the region of cooperation of member countries of the Eurasian Economic Union. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 7. pp. 96–97.
2. II Mezhdunarodnaya polyarnaya ekspeditsiya «Otkrytaya Arktika 20/16» (II International polar expedition «Open Arctic 20/16»). Available at: http://www.terra-viva.ru/sjezd/arctika2016 (accessed: September 24, 2017).
3. Labetskaya Е.О. Trans-Arctic in the context of the Russian priorities. Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya = World economy and the international relations. 2015. № 2. pp. 106–114.
4. Labetskaya Е.О. Euroasian and Arctic chance of Russia. Russia and the new states of Eurasia = Rossiya i novye gosudarstva Evrazii. 2015. № 2. pp. 59–71.
5. Mezhdunarodnyy forum «Odin poyas, odin put» (International forum «One Zone, One Way»). Available at: http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/54491 (accessed: September 26, 2017).
6. Pozdnyakov E.A. Filosofiya politiki (Philosophy of Policy). 3-e izd., ispr. i dop. Moscow: Ves Mir, 2014. pp. 498–510.
7. Arctic Council Project Support Instrument. Available at: https://www.nefco.org/work-us/our-services/grants/arctic-council-project-support-instrument?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv4ObvIvo1QIVwkMYCh1JYQS1EAMYASAAEgJeQfD_BwE (accessed: September 26, 2017).
8. Vystuplenie Ministra inostrannykh del Rossii S.V. Lavrova na ministerskoy vstreche Arkticheskogo soveta, Ferbanks, 11 maya 2017 goda (Speech of the Russian foreign minister S.V. Lavrov at the ministerial meeting of the Arctic Council, Ferbanks, on May 11, 2017). Available at: http://www.mid.ru/ru/press_service/minister_speeches/-/asset_publisher/7OvQR5KJWVmR/content/id/2752051 (accessed: September 28, 2017).
9. Ofitsialnyy sayt Arkticheskogo soveta (Official site of the Arctic Council). Available at: https://www.arctic-council.org/index.php/ru/ (accessed: September 26, 2017).
10. EPPR, 2017, Standardization as Tool for Prevention of Oil Spills in the Arctic: Summary Report. 16 pp. Available at: https://oaarchive.arctic-council.org/bitstream/handle/11374/1950/2017-05-02-EPPR-Standardization-as-tool-for-preventing-oil-spills-report-short-version-DIGITAL-LETTER.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y (accessed: September 26, 2017).
11. Vystuplenie i otvety na voprosy SMI Ministra inostrannykh del Rossii S.V. Lavrova po itogam uchastiya v rabote ministerskoy vstrechi Arkticheskogo soveta, Ferbanks, 11 maya 2017 goda (Speech and answers to media questions by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia S.V. Lavrov on the results of participation in the work of the ministerial meeting of the Arctic Council, Fairbanks, May 11, 2017). Available at: http://www.mid.ru/ru/press_service/minister_speeches/-/asset_publisher/7OvQR5KJWVmR/content/id/2752061 (accessed: September 26, 2017).
12. Dynkin A.A., Ivanova N.I. Globalnaya perestroyka (Global restructuring). Moscow: Ves Mir, 2014. 528 p.