The results are given concerning the field tests of the longitudinal welded pipes with the diameter of 219 mm made of 05ХГБ steel (9 mm wall thickness), and seamless pipes made of Ст20 steel (12 mm wall thickness). Three factors are established that complicate such studies: presence of thick asphalt-resin-paraffin deposits, the occurrence of local hydrodynamic phenomena in the weld zones of flanges and nozzles, instability of the corrosive activity of the pumped medium. The above specifics mean the need for individual approach to the assessment of the obtained results. Based on the obtained data, the conclusion was made that the manual electric arc welding in the field conditions does not lead to the change in the original structure (deterioration of corrosion resistance) of the pipe metal.
Steel grade 05ХГБ successfully passed the tests on the bypass stand and was approved for industrial use as part of the field pipelines of hydrogen sulfide containing oil and gas fields. Electric-welded pipes made of this material have the fine-grained uniform structure and are more resistant initially to the effect of the pumped medium aggressive components. According to the results of the calculations the pipes made of 05ХГБ steel are not inferior to the analogs of Ст20 steel on corrosion resistance, and even exceed them, if the influence of hydrodynamic phenomena and mechanical stresses in the zones of flanges and nozzles welded joints are considered.
Use of electric-welded oil and gas pipes of 05ХГБ steel grade will make it possible to abandon the thick-walled seamless pipes, thanks to that the metal intensity of pipeline transportation facilities will be decreased, and the cost of capital construction, repair and reconstruction of the pipelines will be reduced as well.
- Gafarov N.A., Goncharov A.A., Kushnarenko V.M. Corrosion and protection of the equipment of hydrogen sulfide-containing oil and gas fields. Moscow: Nedra, 1998. 436 p. (In Russ.).
- Bauer A.A., Kushnarenko V.M., Pyataev A.E., Chirkov Yu.A., Shchepinov D.N. Reliability of pipelines transporting hydrogen sulfide-containing oil and gas medium. Orenburg: OGU, 2015. 593 p. (In Russ.).
- Yudash S.G., Bishel V.A., Mambetov R.F., Kushnarenko V.M., Uzyakov R.N., Ganin E.V. Analysis of failure causes of the pipelines transporting hydrogen sulfide-containing oil and gas medium. Intellekt. Innovatsii. Investitsii = Intellect. Innovation. Investments. 2017. № 2. pp. 70–77. (In Russ.).
- Mambetov R.F., Kushnarenko V.M., Ganin E.V. Destruction of Parts and Structures of Oil and Gas Equipment of the Wells in Hydrogen Sulfide-Containing Media. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 1. pp. 61–65. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-1-61-65
- NACE Standard TM0177—2005. Standard Test Method. Laboratory Testing of Metals for Resistance to Sulfide Stress Cracking and Stress Corrosion Cracking in H2S Environments. Available at: https://pdfslide.us/documents/nace-tm-0177-2005.html (accessed: May 10, 2019).
- ANSI/NACE MR0175/ISO 15156. Materials for Use in H2S-containing Envi-ronments in Oil and Gas Production. Available at: https://www.bsee.gov/sites/bsee.gov/files/technical-presentations/bsee/howie-nace.pdf (accessed: May 10, 2019).
- NACE MR0175—2002. Standard Material Requirements. Sulfide Stress Cracking Resistant Metallic Materials for Oilfield Equipment. Available at: https://pdfslide.us/documents/nace-standard-mr0175-2002.html (accessed: May 10, 2019).
- ANSI/NACE TM0284—2016-SG. Evaluation of Pipeline and Pressure Vessel Steels for Resistance to Hydrogen-Induced Cracking. Available at: https://store.nace.org/ansi-nace-tm0284-2016 (accessed: June 10, 2019).
- GOST 1497—84. Metals. Methods of tensile tests. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-1497-84 (accessed: May 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 9012—59. Metals. Method of Brinell hardness test. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-9012-59 (accessed: May 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 5639—82. Steel and alloys. Methods of detection and determination of grain size. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200005473 (accessed: May 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 5640—68. Metallographic method for assessment of sheet and band microstructure. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-5640-68 (accessed: May 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Mambetov R.F., Svintsov V.A., Kushnarenko V.M. Field tests of pipes made of steel 20 and steel 05ХГБ at the hydrogen sulfide-containing deposit: materials of the XII International scientific-practical conference of young scientists «Current problems of science and technology — 2019». Ufa: FGBOU VO «UGNTU», 2019. pp. 169–171. (In Russ.).
- GOST 1050—88. Rolled section, calibrated, with a special surface finish of carbon quality structural steel. General specification. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200004986 (accessed: May 10, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 9.014—78. Uniform system of protection against corrosion and aging (ESZKS). Temporary anticorrosive protection of products. General requirements. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200004940 (accessed: May 10, 2019). (In Russ.).