A large number of the scientific publications is devoted to the development and improvement of occupational safety and health management systems, which analyze various factors that can affect their efficiency. At the same time, the review of domestic and foreign statistics of injury rate shows that when introducing the golden principles of the concept of Vision Zero, many companies and organizations faced the problem of stabilizing injury rates indicators, especially incidents or injuries with serious consequences.
Modern concept of the occupational safety and health management at the workplace, in a production unit or organization is presented, which involves constant monitoring of the situation for identifying the ways and developing measures to improve it. It provides for the use of a set of leading indicators which are a form of active monitoring and are used as input data required to achieve the set goals in the field of safety.
Based on the conducted analysis, the algorithm for the formation and adjustment of the Balanced Scorecard is proposed, the purpose of which is to transform the organization strategy in the field of occupational safety into the specific goals of each subdivision. The developed system of indicators is an efficient mechanism for assessing the degree of efficiency of preventive actions for occupational health and safety management system, and, also, provides an opportunity for the feedback to increase the efficiency of these actions, which is required for the processes of continuous improvement.
2. Takala J., Hämäläinen P., Nenonen N., Takahashi K., Chimed-Ochir Odgerel, Rantanen J. Comparative Analysis of the Burden of Injury and Illness at Work in Selected Countries and Regions. Central European Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2017. Vol. 23 (1–2). pp. 6–31.
3. Nikulin A.N., Dolzhikov I.S., Klimova I.V., Smirnov Yu.G. Assessment of the Effectiveness and Efficiency of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System at a Mining Enterprise. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2021. № 1. pp. 66–72. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2021-1-66-72
4. Karnachev I.P., Levashov S.P., Smirnova N.K., Karnachev P.I. Problems and Prospects of Forming a System of Proactive Monitoring of Safety for the Employees in Mining Industry. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2020. № 10. pp. 48–54. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2020-10-48-54
5. Serious Injury and Fatality Prevention: Perspectives and Practices. Available at: https://www.thecampbellinstitute.org/wpcontent/uploads/2018/10/9000013466_CI_Serious-Injury-and-Fatality-Prevention_WP_FNL_single_optimized.pdf (accessed: January 20, 2021).
6. VISION ZERO. Proactive Leading Indicators. A guide to measure and manage safety, health and wellbeing at work. Available at: https://visionzero.global/sites/default/files/2021-04/2-VZ_Indicators092020.pdf (accessed: January 20, 2021).
7. VISION ZERO. Seven golden rules of production with zero injuries and safe working conditions. Guide for the employers and managers. Available at: http://visionzero.global/sites/default/files/2017-11/5-Vision_zero_Guide-Web.pdf (accessed: January 20, 2021).
8. Labor and employment in Russia. 2019: Statistics digest. Moscow, 2019. 135 p. (In Russ.).
9. Free and open access to labour statistics. Available at: https://ilostat.ilo.org/data/ (accessed: February 11, 2021).
10. Eurostat. Persons reporting an accident at work resulting in sick leave by period off work. Available at: http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?dataset=hsw_ac3&lang=en (accessed: February 11, 2021).
11. Dekker S., Pitzer C. Examining the asymptote in safety progress: a literature review. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics. 2016. Vol. 22. Iss. 1. pp. 57–65. DOI: 10.1080/10803548.2015.1112104
12. Hollnagel E., Wears R.L., Braithwaite J. From Safety-I to Safety-II: A White Paper. The Resilient Health Care Net, 2015. 43 p.
13. Karnachev I.P., Levashov S.P., Nikolaev V.G. Karnachev P.I. Problems of Reliability and Quality of Occupational Traumatism Statistics in Industrial Complex of the Russian Federation. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Nauki o zemle = Bulletin of Tula State University. Earth Sciences. 2019. № 1. pp. 110–124. (In Russ.).
14. Karnachev I.P., Levashov S.P., Shkrabak R.V., Cheltybashev A.A. Concept of occupational safety and health management in the Russian industry. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 4. pp. 87–92. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.04.16