The oil and gas wells, which depleted their resources, must be abandoned. However, in the past not in all the wells the liquidating works were carried out (they were simply left) — this is so-called abandoned or unowned wells. However, even those wells where liquidating works were carried out, due to corrosion and destruction of the cement stone become outwear over time, and emergence of oil and gas on the surface is possible posing a threat to the population and the environment. It is required to introduce changes to regulatory-technical base concerning wells abandonment. Abandonment itself shall be carried out so that there was a safety guarantee for a long time. It is required to create special services, which are engaged in the development of the abandoned wells register, and, also the whole complex of works and measures on the issues of oil and gas well abandonment. Additional regulatory documents shall be developed, according to which the liquidating works in the wells are to be performed, that will guarantee safety of the population, safety of the environment, as well as construction works.
Carrying out liquidating works at the wells require big capital investments. Liquidating costs shall include expenses for physical liquidation of wells, for dismantling of land fixed business assets and earth re-cultivation. The experience of major foreign companies on accumulation of funds is of interest for liquidation of each individually abandoned well. At a certain operational stage of the well the deduction begins for liquidating works, and the necessary sum appears to be accumulated by the required moment of time.
It is possible that one of the methods of liquidation would become the method of consecutive small explosions inside the well within the range of shale which would destroy the obstacles from metal and the cement stone, and as a result, the shale would finally fill the well. In this case the time would work for increase in isolation tightness.
- Safety rules in the oil and gas industry: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 08. Iss. 19. 3-e izd., ispr. i dop. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 314 p. (In Russ.).
- RD 08-492—02. Instructions on the procedure for abandonment, conservation of wells and equipment of their wellheads and wellbores. Ser. 08. Iss. 8. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2015. 32 p. (In Russ.).
- IPBOT 073—2008. Instruction for industrial and occupational safety during abandonment, conservation of wells and equipment of their wellheads and wellbores. Available at: https://library.fsetan.ru/doc/ipbot-073-2008-instruktsiya-po-promyishlennoj-bezopasnosti-i-ohrane-truda-pri-likvidatsii-konservatsii-skvazhin-i-oborudovaniya-ih-ustev-i-stvolov/ (accessed: February 26, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Instruction on the procedure for conducting work on the abandonment and conservation of hazardous production facilities associated with the subsoil use. Okhrana nedr geologo-marksheyderskiy kontrol: sb. dok. (Subsoil protection and geological surveying control: Collection of reports) Ser. 07. Iss. 1. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. pp. 11–33. (In Russ.).
- Inspection and abandonment of environmentally hazardous wells for oil and gas of the subsoil fund open acreage, which are drilled at the expense of the state funds of OAO NPTs Nedra. Available at: http://ftp.nedra.ru/rus/activity/terminate.php / (accessed: February 26, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Program of geological prospecting and exploration activities in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2015–2019. Available at: https://tengrinews.kz/zakon/pravitelstvo_respubliki_kazahstan_premer_ministr_rk/hozyaystvennaya_deyatelnost/id-P1400000526/ (accessed: February 26, 2019). (In Russ.).
- VNTP-3—85. Norms for technological design of the objects of collection, transport, preparation of oil, gas and water of the oil fields. Moscow: Ministerstvo neftyanoy promyshlennosti, 1985. 217 p. (In Russ.).
- Rostechnadzor: an autoclaved aerated concrete plant in the village of Saratovskaya was built «beyond common sense». Available at: http://www.vestipb.ru/news_5187.html (accessed: February 26, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Zastupov A.V. Mechanisms of the resource support for oil wells abandonment. Tr. VII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Proceedings of the VII International Scientific-Practical Conference). Samara: Samarskiy gosudarstvennyy ekonomicheskiy universitet, 2010. Vol. 2. pp. 265–268. (In Russ.).
- Khalfin R.K. Abandonment of wells: abstract. Available at: https://knowledge.allbest.ru/geology/3c0a65635a3bc68a5d43a88521316d36_0.html (accessed: February 26, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Ebshayer L.V., Desay P., Myuller D., Polsen U.B., Robertson R.D.B., Solkheym T. Final abandonment of the offshore wells. Neftegazovoe obozrenie = Oil and gas review. 2012. Vol. 24. № 1. pp. 54–66. (In Russ.).
- The problem of the abandoned oil wells requires a solution at the federal level. Available at: https://allpetro.ru/problema-beshoznyh-neftyanyh-skvazhin-trebuet-resheniya-na-federalnom-urovne/ (accessed: February 26, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Rybalov E.A. On the issue of conservation and abandonment of hazardous production facilities of the oil and gas production complex «Well Stock». Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 1. pp. 32–36. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-1-32-36