In the development of coal deposits, the leading place in the world is occupied by an open-pit mining method. However, millions of tons of coal in the coal mines sides are written off as losses. To refine such reserves, the Metec miner system technology, widely known in the world, is used — Deep Reservoir Development Complex. Often the top of the developed formation has local discontinuities, which are also formed as a result of drilling and blasting operations. The exposure of these local violations leads to the occurrence of emergency situations, namely, the collapse of the roof rocks into the conducted part of the excavation chamber, and the inability to extract the equipment of the complex. The Institute of Coal of the Federal Research Center of Coal and Coal Chemistry of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Kemerovo) developed a design of a mechanized walking support, which can be used to refine coal reserves from the side of the mine by means of the complex in order to ensure safe working conditions and prevent unauthorized dumping. On the working platform, built at the level of the soil of the developed reservoir, the equipment of the complex is mounted, including, in particular, the cutting body and the screw conveyor. After notching the cutting body into the coal seam and forming the mouth of the working, the walking support is mounted, placing it behind the cutting body. By means of technical vision installed on the walking support, the condition of the roof of the mine is diagnosed as it is exposed. Maintenance of the roof of the formation in the zone of possible rock fallout is carried out by a walking support, operating together with the complex, which ensures not only a reduction in the accident rate of the face, but also an increase in safety and efficiency of the coal mining. At the end of the extraction of coal in the conducted chamber, the walking support can independently exit the working without interfering with the extraction of the equipment of the complex, or it is forcibly removed to the working site after the expansion force is removed from all the hydraulic racks, for example, by a winch.
2. Petrenko I.E. Russia's coal industry performance for january – december, 2021. Coal. 2022. № 3. pp. 9–24. (In Russ.).
3. Program for the development of the coal industry in Russia for the period up to 2035. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/565123539?marker=6560IO (accessed: April 18, 2022). (In Russ.).
4. Osminin D.V. Substantiation of the underground coal mining diagrams using open mine workings: abstract of the thesis ... Candidate of Technical Sciences. St. Petersburg, 2008. 20 p. (In Russ.).
5. Romashkin Yu.V. Finishing coal reserves in open pit mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2012. № 10. pp. 70–74. (In Russ.).
6. Anferov B.A., Kuznetsova L.V. Reduction of coal losses by combined open cast and under-ground mining of periferal reserves from the pit side. Vestnik Kuzbasskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of the Kuzbass State Technical University. 2019. № 1. pp. 78–85. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.26730/1999-4125-2019-1-78-85
7. Matsui K. Green Coal Technology (GCT) — Safety first. Available at: http://www.jcoal.or.jp/coaldb/shiryo/material/02_matsui.pdf (accessed: April 18, 2022).
8. Sasaoka T., Shimada H., Hamanakaa A., Sulistiantob B., Ichinosec M., Matsui K. Geotechnical Issues on Application of Highwall Mining System in Indonesia. Vietrock2015 an ISRM specialized conference. Hanoi, 2015. 10 p.
9. Sasaoka T., Karian T., Hamanaka A., Shimada H., Matsui K. Application of highwall mining system in weak geological condition. International Journal of Coal Science & Technology. 2016. № 3. pp. 311–321. DOI: 10.1007/s40789-016-0121-6
10. Fan M. Design Programs for Highwall Mining Operation: abstract of the thesis … Master of Science in Mining Engineering. Morgantown, 2015. 87 p.
11. Filatov P.Yu., Dmitriev M.A., Kuznetsov S.A., Fedin K.V., Andrakhanov S.V., Sosnin R.G. Advanced mining technology of coal seams with the use of highwall mining system.Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra VostNII po promyshlennoy i ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti = Bulletin of Scientific Centre VostNII for Industrial and Environmental Safety. 2017. № 2. pp. 42–49. (In Russ.).
12. Gerike B.L., Drozdenko Yu.V., Kopytin D.V. Complexes of deep seam mining: review of application and study of their technical condition. Tekhnika i tekhnologiya gornogo dela = Journal of Mining and Geotechnical Engineering. 2020. № 3 (10). pp. 58–78. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.26730/2618-7434-2020-3-58-78
13. File: Fig5-Metec-miner-system.jpg. Available at: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fig5-Metec-miner-system.jpg (accessed: April 18, 2022).
14. Demchenko V.A., Derevyashkin I.V. Field experience of highwall mining system in Elegesta coal field, Republic of Tuva. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2019. № 6. pp. 79–87. (In Russ.).
15. Netsvetaev A.G., Grigoryan A.A., Pruzhina D.I. Development of the unmanned coal mining technology with the use of deep reservoir development complexes. Gornaya promyshlennost = Mining Industry. 2015. № 4 (122). pp. 87–91. (In Russ.).
16. Kopytin D.V. Analysis of operating conditions and reasons for failures of the min seam miner (shm) under the conditions of Kuzbass. Sovremennye tendentsii i innovatsii v sovremennoy nauke i proizvodstve: materialy Kh Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Modern trends and innovations in the modern science and production: materials of the 10th International Scientific and Practical Conference). Mezhdurechensk: KuzGTU, 2021. pp. 141.1–141.6. (In Russ.).
17. Kazakov A.S. Features of application of highwall mining systems in difficult ground conditions. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten (nauchno-tekhnicheskiy zhurnal) = Mining informational and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). 2018. № 8. pp. 36–45. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2018-8-0-36-45
18. Klishin V.I., Anferov B.A., Kuznetsova L.V., Nikitenko S.M., Malakhov Yu.V., Mefodev S.I. Method of conducting preparatory mining and mechanized support for its implementation. Patent № 2760269 C1. RF. Applied: December 04, 2020. Published: November 23, 2021. Bulletin № 33. 16 p. (In Russ.).
19. Klishin V.I., Anferov B.A., Kuznetsova L.V., Nikitenko S.M. Method of open-underground development of a gently sloping coal seam. Patent № 2768345 C1. RF. Applied: June 21, 2021. Published: March 23, 2022. Bulletin № 9. 8 p. (In Russ.).
20. Degtyarev D.N., Bykadorov A.I., Renev A.A., Volynkin V.A. Video monitoring of the state of chambers and pillars during the development of reserves by the deep mining technology. Vestnik Kuzbasskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of the Kuzbass State Technical University. 2019. № 6. pp. 56–63. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.26730/1999-4125-2019-6-56-63