Statistics of production safety in the mining industry indicates two the most dangerous types of accidents: sudden outburst of coal, rock and gas, as well as endogenous fires. These types of accidents in the coal industry of Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and China occur more often in the mines that develop seams at the depths exceeding 400 m, with high gas content, as well as on the seams with shallower depths, but with endogenous fire hazard provoked by leakage air through insulating structures between the used and operating workings. In order to prevent these accidents, safety regulations provide for a mandatory outburst hazard forecast with the identification of potentially particularly hazardous zones, both in terms of natural gas content and on the behavior of the massif heterogeneous in structure, as well as the identification of the leakage air through the jumper. At the current forecast, drilling of the test hole is made as the micro model of outburst hazard with the assessment of such properties as hardness of interlayer, the amount of dust coal during drilling. The determining and single criterion is the magnitude of initial gas release from the freshly drilled hole.
Mechanical head gauge currently used for measuring the initial gas release (in fact, the capillar with a diameter of 0.5 to 2.5 mm, and an arrow spring pressure gauge) has significant resistance to gas flow, which leads to the distortion of the measurement results. In addition, there is no possibility of the objective recording of the measurement result.
CoalAwakeningBeast instrument has resistance by more than an order to the gas stream, as well as expanded opportunities for measurement, assessment and representation of the results of measurement of initial gas release, high hypersensibility when searching the leaks through the jumpers. A unique laboratory test base was created and certified for fabrication, adjustment and calibration of the instrument in Karaganda (Republic of Kazakhstan).
- RD 03-293—99. Regulation on the procedure for the technical investigation of the accidents causes at hazardous production facilities: Decree of Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia of June 8, 1999 № 40. Available at: https://base.garant.ru/180627/ (accessed: July 22, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the activity of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service in 2012: annual report. Available at: http://www.gosnadzor.ru/public/annual_reports/%D0%9E%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%82%202012.pdf (accessed: July 22, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Guidelines for safe conducting of mining works on the seams hazardous on sudden coal and gas outburst: order of the Committee on the state control over emergency situations and industrial safety of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 28, 2012, № 48. Available at: https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=31267788#pos=0;0 (accessed: July 22, 2019). (In Russ.).
- RD 05-350—00. Instructions on safe conducting of mining works on the seams hazardous on sudden coal (rock) and gas outburst: Decree of Gosgortekhnadzor of Russia of April 4, 2000, № 14. Available at: http://enis.gosnadzor.ru/activity/control/geology/%D0%A0%D0%94%2005%E2%80%91350%E2%80%9100.pdf (accessed: July 22, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Ivanov B.M., Malinnikova O.N., Indylo S.V., Kolesov A.V. Analysis of the reasons of accidents caused by gas-dynamic phenomena in the coal mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining information and analytical bulletin. 2006. pp. 133–147. (In Russ.).
- Zaburdyaev V.S. Forecast and Prevention of Risks of Explosive Mixtures Formation in the Coal Mines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 6 pp. 65–69. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-6-65-69
- Myasnikov A.A. Work safety in the coal mines: Practical guide. Moscow: Nedra, 1992. 286 p. (In Russ.).
- Abramson K.M., Baysagov Ya.Zh., Grekov A.A. Implementation of functional and metrological requirements for a portable mine meter of markers of the outburst and fire hazard for coal mines. Metrologiya = Metrology. 2018. № 3. pp. 18–25. (In Russ.).
- Abramson K.M. Technical means as the basis for injury prevention due to organizational causes during blasting operations. Mekhanizatsiya i avtomatizatsiya proizvodstvennykh protsessov ugledobyvayushchey promyshlennosti: sb. statey Karagandinskogo politekhnicheskogo institute (Mechanization and automation of production processes in the coal mining industry: Collected papers of Karaganda Polytechnic Institute). Karaganda, 1978. Iss. VII. pp. 115–122. (In Russ.).
- Abramson K., Potapov P. Foresee a catastrophe. Gorno-metallurgicheskaya promyshlennost = Mining and metallurgical industry. 2013. № 10 (67). pp. 57–59. (In Russ.).
- MI 1727–87 GSI. Portable mine flowmeters. Verification technique. Kazan–Karaganda, 1987. 13 p. (In Russ.).
- GOST R ISO 9241-210—2012. Ergonomics of human-system interaction. Part 210. Human-oriented design of interactive systems. Available at: http://standard.gost.ru/wps/wcm/connect/d661e080413f5db8a4e9fe7ab9890bef/GOST_R_ISO_9241-210-2012.pdf?MOD=AJPERES (accessed: July 22, 2019). (In Russ.).