To exclude the possibility of fire spreading through the utility lines of buildings and structures, various technical means are used that meet the normative established characteristics. As part of the intersection nodes of the enclosing building structures of sewage and water disposal systems, fire-safety sleeves are used, which ensure the limit of fire spreading to adjacent rooms through the node crossed by the pipeline. The use of fire-safety sleeves for these utility lines is only possible for free flow conduits of the systems made of polymer materials (polypropylene, polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, etc.). For different types of the pipelines, other technical solutions are used to limit the spread of fire.
The principle of fire-safety sleeves operation is to completely cover the intersecting mounting opening of the building structure in the shortest possible time and prevent the transfer of flame and combustion products to adjacent rooms.
The efficiency of the operation of fire-safety sleeve and the preservation of its fire-technical characteristics for a given time depends on the following factors: correct installation carried out in accordance with the established instructions; design of fire-safety sleeves; physical and chemical properties of the material used for thermally expanding sleeve liner; material of a polymer pipeline. Statistics of the conducted tests show that the maximum fire resistance limits are typical for intersection nodes with polymer pipelines having diameter from 32 to 110 mm. For the pipelines with a diameter of 160 mm and more, it is very difficult to achieve similar fire-technical characteristics due to the large area of the overlapping mounting openings and the increased inertia of a fire-safety sleeve actuation.
2. Pekhotikov A.V., Pavlov V.V., Antonov S.P. Problems of ensuring the required limits of fire resistance of steel and reinforced concrete structures, ways to solve them. Podzemnye gorizonty = Underground horizons. 2019. № 22. pp. 66–69. (In Russ.).
3. Golovanov V.I., Pavlov V.V., Pekhotikov A.V. Ensuring fire resistance of load-bearing building structures. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2002. № 3. pp. 48–58. (In Russ.).
4. Golovanov V.I., Pekhotikov A.V., Pavlov V.V. New fire retardant lining for load-bearing steel structures. Materialy XX nauch.-prakt. konf. «Istoricheskie i sovremennye aspekty resheniya problem goreniya, tusheniya i obespecheniya bezopasnosti lyudey pri pozharakh» (Materials of the Twentieth scientific-practical. conference «Historical and modern aspects of solving the problems of combustion, extinguishing and ensuring the safety of people in case of fires»). Мoscow: VNIIPO, 2007. pp. 227–229. (In Russ.).
5. Kordina K., Meyer-Ottens C. Beton-Brandschutz-Handbuch. 2 Auflage. Düsseldorf: Verlag Bau + Technik, 1999. 284 s.
6. Nause P. Brandschutztechnische Bewertungtragender Bauteile im Bestand. Available at: https://docplayer.org/2762246-Brandschutztechnische-bewertung-tragender-bauteile-im-bestand.html (accessed: March 1, 2021).
7. Kolchev B.B., Visloguzov P.A., Chistova T.I. Fire-resistant air ducts of ventilation and air conditioning systems for various purposes. Evrostroyprofi = Eurostroyprofi. 2015. № 79. pp. 62–66. (In Russ.).
8. UL 555C. Standart for Ceiling Dampers. Available at: https://standards.globalspec.com/std/14358705/UL%20555C (accessed: March 1, 2021).
9. UL 555. Standart for Fire Dampers. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/doc/296960672/UL-555-Fire-Dampers (accessed: March 1, 2021).
10. Varlamkin A.A., Khasanov I.R. Fire hazard indicators for cable penetrations. Materialy XXVIII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Aktualnye problemy pozharnoy bezopasnosti» (Materials of the XXVIII Scientific-Practical Conference «Actual problems of fire safety»). In 2 parts. Pt. 2. Мoscow: VNIIPO, 2016. pp. 464–470. (In Russ.).
11. Kolchev B.B., Visloguzov P.A. Fire Safety Systems of Sewerage and Drainage Made of Polymer Materials. Materialy XXXI Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Aktualnye problemy pozharnoy bezopasnosti» (Materials of the XXXI Scientific-Practical Conference «Actual problems of fire safety»). Мoscow: VNIIPO, 2019. pp. 60–62. (In Russ.).
12. Kolchev B.B., Visloguzov P.A., Belyaev D.V., Chistova T.I. Improvement of Domestic Fire Resistance Test Methods for Technical Equipment of Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2016. № 3. pp. 106–111. (In Russ.).
13. Varlamkin A.A., Smelkov G.I., Ryabikov A.I. Test methods for cable lines to maintain operation capability in case of fire. Pozharnaya bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2011. № 1. pp. 114–117. (In Russ.).
14. GOST R 53306—2009. Enclosing building structures crossing junction points by using pipe, which is made of polymeric materials. Fire resistance test. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200071869 (accessed: March 1, 2021). (In Russ.).
15. GOST 30247.0—94. Elements of building constructions. Fire-resistance test methods. General requirements. Available at: https://docs.cntd.ru/document/9055248 31945 (accessed: March 1, 2021). (In Russ.).