Underground mining operations are characterized by dangerous working conditions, especially when the negative impacts of natural and man-made factors are superimposed. They violate the natural balance of ore-bearing rocks. It is required to establish regularities of interaction between ore mining systems for optimizing the applied technologies according to the criteria of the workers safety. The used field development systems have various capabilities for neutralizing stresses and deformations in the rock mass.
The prospects for the restoration of mining production in the Republic of South Ossetia-Alania are associated with the extraction of ores on the flanks and depths of Sadon deposit, as well as reserves lost in the subsurface. For almost 200 years of operation of the Sadon field, most of the existing mining technologies were applied. Open mining systems weaken the massif. However, backfilling of voids with discrete rocks does not create backwater for the walls of workings.
The concept of safe mining of stress-strained massifs implies the excavation of rich ores with backfilling of empty space with hardening mixtures and block leaching of poor ores. The control of the massif is ensured by regulating the value and direction of stresses by technological methods. Leaching methods allow to extract metals from ores at the place of their occurrence. When these technologies are combined with the traditional approaches, rich ores are brought to the surface and processed at the plant. The rest of the ore is processed in the underground blocks and piles on the surface. One of the results of this combination is the use of the underground leaching tailings.
After the extraction of metals in the place of occurrence, the tailings are fastened with natural binders into an artificial massif. Its strength is sufficient to ensure safe working conditions.
2. Valiev N. G., Propp V. D., Vandyshev A. M. The 100th Anniversary of the Department of Mining Engineering of UrSMU. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii. Gornyi zhurnal = News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal. 2020. № 8. pp. 130–143. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.21440/0536-1028-2020-8-130-143
3. Dushin A.V., Valiev N.G., Lagunova Yu.A., Shorin A.G. Ural Mining and Moscow Mining: interaction of the universities. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2018. № 4. pp. 4–10. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2018.04.01
4. Golik V.I., Stradanchenko S.G., Maslennikov S.A. Experimental study of non-waste recycling tailings ferruginous quartzite. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015. Vol. 10. № 15. pp. 35410–35416.
5. Golik V.I. Metals recovery from mineral processing tailings by combined activation methods. Obogashchenie rud = Ore Concentration. 2010. № 5. pp. 38–40. (In Russ.).
6. Galachieva S.V., Dedegkaeva N.T., Gugkaev V.Kh., Kambolov A.Kh., Lyanova R.I. Potential of sustainable development of the macro region. Sovremennye nauchno-tekhnicheskie i sotsialno-gumanitarnye issledovaniya: aktualnye voprosy, dostizheniya i innovatsii: sb. dokl. II Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Modern scientific, technical and socio-humanitarian research: topical issues, achievements and innovations: Collected reports of the II All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference). Vladikavkaz: Izd-vo SKGMI (GTU), 2021. pp. 231–235. (In Russ.).
7. Petrov Yu.S., Khadzaragova E.A., Sokolov A.A., Sharipzyanova G.Kh., Taskin A.V. Acquisition, transmission and storage of information on production-induced cycle in mining and metallurgy Gornyy informatsionno- analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2020. № 11–1. pp. 178–188. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2020-111-0-178-188
8. Tayebi-Khorami M., Edraki, Corder G., Golev A. Re-Thinking Mining Waste Through an Integrative Approach Led by M. Circular Economy Aspirations. Minerals. 2019. Vol. 9. Iss. 5. pp. 1–13. DOI: 10.3390/min9050286
9. Lyashenko V.I. The Scientific and Technical Preconditions of the Improvement in the Ecological Safety in the Mining Region. Ferrous Metallurgy. Bulletin of Scientific, Technical and Economic Information. 2015. № 1. pp. 21–31. (In Russ.)
10. Zemskov A.N., Liskova M.Yu., Sharipzyanova G.Kh. Regularities of changes in the gas-dynamic and geomechanical situation at potash mines. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy = Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories. 2021. Iss. 13. № 3 (49). pp. 426–432. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.21177/1998-4502-2021-13-3-426-432
11. Ivanov S.A., Nitkin M.N., Sharipzyanova G.Kh., Ter-Vaganyants Yu.S., Skorikov R.A. Studying of influence of the nature of nanodimensional particles and way of mixing on mechanical properties the powder alloyed PK70H3 steel. Nanotekhnologii: nauka i proizvodstvo = Nanotechnologies: Science and Production. 2015. № 6. pp. 36–51. (In Russ.).
12. Khulelidze K.K., Kondratev Yu.I., Zaalishvili V.B., Betrozov Z.S. Evaluation of original and technogenic deposits of the Republic of North Ossetia — Alania as possible objects of application of underground and heap leaching technology. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy = Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories. 2016. Vol. 8. № 1. pp. 46–51. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.21177/1998-4502-2016-8-1-46-51