The results of the scientific and research work devoted to modeling the stress-strain state of the mining system of an underground mine using the finite element method in the FLAC3D software are presented in the article. The possibility of using room-and-pillar mining with backfill with the abandonment of chain pillars is justified. The results are presented concerning the research results of the quantitative assessment of the mass using the von Mises equation and Norton' power law of creep to estimate the contour stress. It becomes possible to determine the sequence of mining of the deposit area and the stage-by-stage filling of the stopes at the stage of mining design due to the high accuracy of modeling the stress-strain state of the mass near mining operations using FLAC3D software. The proposed approach is possible when evaluating the geotechnical state of the rock mass when using the mining systems with various methods of support of the mined-out area: natural; artificial; with the collapse of ores and enclosing rocks, as well as when calculating the combined method of deposit development. A differentiated approach to assessing the state of the mass is possible considering difficult mining and geological conditions, conditions of increased rock pressure, abundant water influx, increased fracturing of rocks by introducing additional conditions into the model depending on its geotechnical state.
Variant of the comprehensive exploitation of mineral resources was proposed considering the total value of natural and man-made geo-resources of the area being mined. The possibility of rational use of the mined-out space with the use of various positive qualities of geo-resources at their manmade transformation is also considered.
An assessment of the mineral and raw materials potential of the mined area is given with a proposal for the prospects of increasing the integrated approach of excavation, increasing the life of the mining enterprise and the complexity of developing this area.
2. Dobrzycki P., Ivannikov A.L., Rybak J., Shkodkina V.O., Tyulyaeva Yu. The impact of Rapid Impulse Compaction (RIC) of large non-cohesive material deposits on the surrounding area. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1755-1315/362/1/012132/pdf (accessed: September 1, 2020).
3. Golik V.I., Razorenov Yu.I., Karginov K.G. Mining Industry — the Basis for Sustainable Development of North Ossetia-Alania. Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy = Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories. 2017. Vol. 9. № 2 (32). pp. 163–171. (In Russ.).
4. Komashchenko V.I., Golik V.I., Belin V.A., Gaponenko A.L. Enhanced Efficiency of Blasting by New Methods of Borehole Charge Initiation in Open-Pit Mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2014. № 9. pp. 293–304. (In Russ.).
5. Golik V.I., Gabaraev O.Z., Maslennikov S.A., Khasheva Z.M., Shulgaty L.P. The provision of development conversion perspectives into undeground one for Russian iron ore deposits development. The Social Sciences (Pakistan). 2016. Vol. 11. № 18. pp. 4348–4351.
6. Sukhorukova M.A., Ivannikov A.L. Vehicle Accident Risk Assessment in Mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Information-Analytical Bulletin. 2020. № 6-1. pp. 224–232. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2020-61-0-224-232
7. Golik V.I., Burdzieva O.G. Increase of Work Safety by Enlargement of Field of Application of Hardening Mixtures from Processing Waste. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2016. № 8. pp. 45–50. (In Russ.).
8. Khayrutdinov A., Kongar-Syuryun Ch., Kowalik T., Faradzhov V. Improvement of the backfilling characteristics by activation of halite waste for non-waste geotechnology. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/867/1/012018/pdf (accessed: September 1, 2020).
9. Khayrutdinov M.M., Karasev G.A. Formation of different-strength stowing masses in the development of mineral deposits. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2008. № 3. pp. 276–283. (In Russ.).
10. Huang X.Q., Hou H.B., Zhou M., Wang W.X. Mechanical Properties and Microstructure Analysis of Copper Tailings Solidifying with Different Cementitious Materials. Advanced Materials Research. 2014. Vol. 878. pp. 171–176. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.878.171
11. Adigamov A.E., Khayrutdinov M.M. Mathematical modeling when determining loads on a backfill. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2008. № 11. pp. 186–190. (In Russ.).
12. Eremenko V.A. Stress State Modeling of Coaxial Three-Level Open Stoping in Map3D. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin. 2018. № 11. pp. 5–17. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2018-11-0-5-17
13. Kongar-Syuryun Ch., Tyulyaeva Yu., Khairutdinov A.M., Kowalik T. Industrial waste in concrete mixtures for construction of underground structures and minerals extraction. Available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/869/3/032004/pdf (accessed: September 1, 2020).