The article is devoted to the assessment of the contractor companies activity in the field of safety both before the start of work execution and during the execution of work at the construction site of the Client’s company.
Analysis is given concerning the industrial injuries from 2009 to 2018 in Russia, based on which the tendency to reduce industrial injuries for the current period is determined, and the coefficients of the frequency of injuries in various countries for 2015 are calculated. Based on the performed analysis, the injury rate in Russia is still at a high level. Economic component for the materials, personnel qualifications, and savings on safety from the Client’s company can also lead to injuries at the construction site. The main reasons for low quality of the work performed at the construction site, which in turn lead to injuries, are given in the article.
Matrix for the assessment of the contractor companies was developed, with the help of which it is proposed to assess all the aspects of their activities that effect on safety of the work performed. Among the assessed aspects there are sections related to training, behavior and motivation of the personnel, audits conducted by the contractor companies in relation to the subcontractors, investigation of incidents by using the current procedures and contractor personnel responsibilities. One of the matrix elements is presented for assessment. Each element from the given section is proposed to be assessed on a scale from 0 to 3, where each aspect is presented in the form of an action, an assessment of this action and its result. Recommendations on the use of this methodology in the selection of contractors are provided.
- Roik V.D. Management of labor conditions and occupational safety: textbook. Moscow: RAGS, 2004. 254 p. (In Russ.).
- Zanko N.G., Malayan K.R., Rusak O.N. Life safety: textbook. 17-e izd., ster. Saint-Petersburg: Lan, 2017. 704 p. (In Russ.).
- Federal State Statistics Service. Available at: https://www.gks.ru (accessed: June 24, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Bakaryagina A. Comparative analysis of industrial injuries general structure in the subjects of the Russian Federation and during construction works. Available at: http://vestnikmolnauki.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Bakaryagina-7.pdf (accessed: June 24, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Annual report of PAO Gazprom for the year 2019. Available at: https://www.gazprom.ru/f/posts/77/885487/gazprom-annual-report-2019-ru.pdf (accessed: June 24, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Annual report of PAO NK Rosneft for 2019. Available at: https://www.rosneft.ru/upload/site1/document_file/a_report_2019.pdf (accessed: June 24, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Hughes P., Ferrett E. Introduction to health and safety in construction. Available at: https://books.google.ru/books?id=HMJ3tgxtKBIC&printsec=frontcover&hl=ru#v=onepage&q&f=false (accessed: June 24, 2020).
- Shauleva N.M., Lobur I.A., Druzhinin A.A. On Skill Level of Service Stuff Influence on Reliability of Open Cast Coal Mines Power Supply Systems. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Bulletin of Research Center for Safety in Coal Industry. 2015. № 1. pp. 78–81. (In Russ.).
- Hiam A. Motivational Management: Inspiring Your People for Maximum Performance. New York: AMACOM, American Management Association, 2003. 276 p.
- ISO 45001—2018. Occupational health and safety management systems — requirements with guidance for use. Available at: https://iso-management.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/ISO-45001-2018-perevod-ot-31-03-2018.pdf (accessed: June 24, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Kamardeen I. Controlling accidents and insurers risks in construction: a fuzzy knowledge — based approach. New York: Nova Science Publishers, 2009. 215 p.
- Holt Allan St. J. Principles of construction Safety. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2005. 290 p.