According to the data of the International Labor Organization (ILO), 2.8 million people died in recent years as a result of industrial accidents, and occupational diseases, including 400 000 people from injuries. Occupational injuries are a controlled process and an indicator of the occupational safety. Professional activity of the firefighters and rescuers is often associated with the extreme conditions. It is accompanied by the excessive stress on the functional reserves of the body, an increased likelihood of erroneous actions, injuries, and professionally accelerated diseases.
Analysis is presented related to the occupational injuries and deaths of the employees in the world and in Russia. This data is compared with the statistics on the personnel of the EMERCOM of Russia in 2011–2020. The injury rate is calculated per 10, 000 people, deaths per 100, 000. Information on the occupational injuries and deaths in the world is taken from the official website of the ILO statistical department. Data for Russia are from Rosstat publications. Information on the EMERCOM of Russia - from the database of the Federal State Budgetary Institution VNIIPO EMERCOM of Russia.
A trend towards a decrease in the occupational injuries in the world, Russia and among the employees of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations was revealed. The relative stability of the death rates at work in the world was noted, while in Russia they are decreasing. Ratio of the industrial injuries to the fatal ones in the world is 110, in Russia — 22, according to the EMERCOM personnel — 14.5. An assumption is made about the underestimation of the number of occupational injuries in Russia and EMERCOM of Russia. Negative consequences of this phenomenon are formulated.
2. Karnachev I.P., Nikolaev V.G., Smirnova N.K., Karnachev P.I. Features of monitoring industrial injuries in Russia and in the countries of the European Union. Gornyy zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2020. № 12. pp. 87–91. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2020.12.20
3. Takala J., Hämäläinen P., Nenonen N., Takahashi K., Chimed-Ochir O., Rantanen J. Comparative Analysis of the Burden of Injury and Illness at Work in Selected Countries and Regions. Central European Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2017. Vol. 23. Iss. 1–2. pp. 6–31.
4. Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 84 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks for 195 countries and territories, 1990–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet. 2018. Vol. 392. Iss. 10159. pp. 1923–1994. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(18)32225-6
5. Dolbik-Vorobey T.A., Churilova E.Yu. Occupational injuries in Russia (Statistical analysis). Finansovyy biznes = Financial business. 2021. № 12 (222). pp. 24–30. (In Russ.).
6. Kuleshov V.V., Serdyuk V.S. The impact of preventive indicators of safety culture on the level of occupational risk. Bezopasnost zhiznedeyatelnosti = Life Safety. 2021. № 9 (249). pp. 14–19. (In Russ.).
7. Tikhonova G.I., Churanova A.N., Gorchakova T.Yu. Occupational injuries as a problem of social and labor relations in Russia. Problemy prognozirovaniya = Problems of Forecasting. 2012. № 3 (132). pp. 103–118. (In Russ.).
8. Evdokimov V.I., Aleksanin S.S., Bobrinev E.V., Grigoriev S.G., Kondashov A.A., Mukhina N.A., Sivashchenko P.P., Sibirko V.I., Kharin V.V. Analysis of morbidity, traumatism, disability and mortality rates in employees of the Russian State Fire Service (1996–2015): monograph. Saint-Petersburg: Politekhnika-print, 2019. 167 p. (In Russ.).
9. Poroshin A.A., Kharin V.V., Bobrinev E.V., Kondashov A.A., Shavyrina T.A., Putin V.S., Mashtakov V.A., Polonskaya Yu.V. Bank of the statistical data on morbidity, injuries, disability, and death of personnel of the EMERCOM of Russia in the performance of official duties. Certificate RU 2015621061 on the registration of a database. Applied: April 17, 2015. Published: July 13, 2015. (In Russ.).
10. Matyushin A.V., Poroshin A.A., Kharin V.V., Mashtakov V.A., Putin V.S., Bobrinev E.V. Factorial approach to the assessment of the firefighter injuries. Aktualnye problemy pozharnoy bezopasnosti: materialy XXVII Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Actual problems of the fire safety: materials of the XXVII International Scientific and Practical Conference). In 3 Parts. Pt. 3. Moscow: FGBU VNIIPO EMERCOM of Russia, 2015. pp. 222–227. (In Russ.).
11. Afanasev V.N., Yuzbashev M.M. Time series analysis and forecasting: textbook. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 2010. 317 p. (In Russ.).
12. Evdokimov V.I., Bobrinev E.V., Kondashov A.A., Pankratov Н.А., Vetoshkin A.A., Loktionov P.V. Occupational injuries in categories of personnel of Federal Fire Service of EMERCOM of Russia (2006–2020). Mediko-biologicheskie i sotsial'no-psikhologicheskie problemy bezopasnosti v chrezvychaynykh situatsiyakh = Medicо-Biological and Socio-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergency Situations. 2022. № 1. pp. 41–51. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25016/2541-7487-2022-0-1-41-51