Underground mining of coal deposits, especially on deep horizons, is accompanied by frequent manifestations of negative factors. The greatest hazard is represented by shock-wave phenomena that initiate detonation waves, which manifest themselves in the form of explosions. They are related to the accidents with the most serious economic and social consequences.
Traditionally, the theory of shock waves in gases is based on the ideal gas model. However, in the mine workings with a frame lining of rough pipes, the presence of the mentioned roughness creates significant resistance to the movement of the gas-air mixture, which leads to the need in considering its viscous properties.
The article examines the structure, evolution and stability of the shock waves in viscous gas-air mixtures formed in the atmosphere of the mine workings as a result of gas sudden release from the underground reservoir with the supersonic speed. Based on the classical laws of conservation of mass, impulse and energy, the formula is obtained that characterizes the change in the velocity of the gas-air mixture behind the shock wave front. The width of the shock wave front is calculated, the graphs of its dependence on various parameters of the gas-air mixture are plotted. Some regularities were identified concerning the changes in the width of the shock wave front and the velocity of gas-air mixture in the mine workings. It was established that with the increase in the Mach number in the undisturbed flow this velocity nonlinearly decreases (the more significant the smaller is the Poisson adiabat index of gas-air mixture). Analysis of the shock-wave front structure showed that its width with the Mach number of more than 1.8 does not depend on the Poisson adiabatic index.
- Bolshinskiy M.I., Lysikov B.A., Kaplyukhin A.A. Gas dynamic phenomena in the mines. Sevastopol: Veber, 2003. 284 p. (In Russ.).
- Cherdantsev N.V., Cherdantsev S.V., Li Khi Un, Filatov Yu.M., Shlapakov P.A., Lebedev K.S. About one approach to the description of blow of methane from the coal massif to the mine workings. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 3. pp. 45–52. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2017-3-45-52
- Frank-Kamenetskiy D.A. Diffusion and heat transfer in the chemical kinetics. Moscow: Nauka, 1987. 502 p. (In Russ.).
- Kantorovich B.V. Fundamentals of the theory of solid fuel combustion and gasification. Moscow: Kniga po trebovaniyu, 2013. 600 p. (In Russ.).
- Chanyshev A.I. A method to determine a body’s thermal state. Journal of Mining Science. 2012. Vol. 48. Iss. 4. pp. 660–668.
- Oparin V.N., Kiryaeva T.A., Gavrilov V.Yu., Tanashev Yu.Yu., Bolotov V.A. Initiation of underground fire sources. Journal of Mining Science. 2016. Vol. 52. Iss. 3. pp. 576–592.
- Glushkov D.O., Kuznetsov G.V., Strizhak P.A. Initiation of combustion of a gel-like condensed substance by a local source of limited power. Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. 2017. Vol. 90. Iss. 1. pp. 206–216. DOI: 10.1007/s10891-017-1557-2
- Cherdantsev S.V., Li Khi Un, Filatov Yu.M., Shlapakov P.A. Analysis of combustion process of microheterogeneous dust and gas mixtures in the mine workings. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 11. pp. 10–15. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2017-11-10-15
- Cherdantsev S.V., Li Hi Un, Filatov Yu.M., Botvenko D.V., Shlapakov P.A., Kolykhalov V.V. Combustion of fine dispersed dust-gas-air mixtures in underground workings. Journal of Mining Science. 2018. Vol. 54. Iss. 2. pp. 339–346.
- Levin V.A., Tunik Yu.V. Initiation of detonation combustion of coal dust in the methane-air mixture. Fizika goreniya i vzryva = Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves. 1987. № 1. pp. 3–8. (In Russ.).
- Amelchugov S.P., Bykov V.I., Tsybenova S.B. Spontaneous combustion of brown-coal dust. Experiment, determination of kinetic parameters, and numerical modeling. Combustion, Explosion and Shock Waves. 2002. Vol. 38. Iss. 3. pp. 295–300.
- Kurlenya M.V., Skritsky V.A. Methane explosions and causes of their origin in highly productive sections of coal mines. Journal of Mining Science. 2017. Vol. 53. № 5. pp. 861–867.
- Zeldovich Ya.B., Rayzer Yu.P. Physics of shock waves and high-temperature hydrodynamic phenomena. Moscow: Nauka, 1966. 688 p. (In Russ.).
- Bartlme F. Gas dynamics of combustion. Moscow: Energoizdat, 1981. 280 p. (In Russ.).
- Velikovich A.L., Liberman M.A. Physics of shock waves in gases and plasma. Moscow: Nauka, 1987. 296 p. (In Russ.).
- Kobylkin I.F., Selivanov V.V., Solovev B.C., Sysoev N.N. Shock and detonation waves. Research methods. 2-e izd., dop. i ispr. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2004. 376 p. (In Russ.).
- Landau L.D., Lifshits E.M. Theoretical physics: textbook. In 10 volumes. Vol. VI. Hydrodynamics. 5-e izd. Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1986. 736 p. (In Russ.).
- Ovsyannikov L.V. Lectures on the basics of gas dynamics. 2-e izd., dop. Moscow–Izhevsk: Institut kompyuternykh issledovaniy, 2003. 336 p. (In Russ.).
- Koshlyakov N.S., Gliner E.B., Smirnov M.M. Partial differential equations of mathematical physics. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1970. 712 p. (In Russ.).
- Vukalovich M.P., Novikov I.I. Thermodynamics. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1972. 672 p. (In Russ.).
- Lindenau N.I., Maevskaya V.M., Krylov V.F. The origin, preventive actions and suppression of endogenous fires in the coal mines. Moscow: Nedra, 1977. 320 p. (In Russ.).