The study was conducted related to the development of the methodology for determining the estimated values of fire risk by considering the sections of the railway with slopes. Presence of drainage systems capable to effect significantly on the fire risk value for the objects near which the accident occurs with fire on the railway tank is taken into account. The comparative assessment is made concerning the fire risk value during gasoline transportation by the railway tanks both in the presence of drainage ditches, the slope of the railway track and the adjacent territory, and in their absence.
Consideration of the terrain and existing drainage facilities can play an important role in assessing fire risk. Potential risk increases with approaching the lowest point of the section along which the railway passes. Depending on the total length of the section with the slope, the fire risk may be an order of magnitude greater than in other rather higher sections.
It is concluded that the arrangement of drainage ditches significantly affects the fire risk value. Open drainage ditches increase the risk of fire escalation due to its spreading. At the same time, the combustion area of the liquid flowing through the closed drainage ditch is limited by the area of open hatches on it. The radiation intensity remains relatively low, which makes it possible to prevent the escalation of the pool fire with minimal costs. At the same time, the arrangement of drainage ditches increases the potential risk of fluid discharge onto the terrain.
- Marshall V.K. Main hazards of chemical production. Moscow: Mir, 1989. 672 p. (In Russ).
- Terebnev V.V., Artemev N.S., Grachev V.A. Transport: ground, sea, river, air, metro. Moscow: Pozhnauka, 2007. 383 p. (In Russ.).
- Brushlinskiy N.N., Sokolov S.V., Vagner P. Fire statistics. Report No. 9. Moscow: Akademiya GPS, 2003. 62 p. (In Russ.).
- Annual Report 2012 of OAO RZhD. Available at: http://ar2012.rzd.ru/upload/pdf/rzd_ar12_rus.pdf (accessed: December 2, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Petrov S.V., Sukhov F.I. To the issue on classification of violations of trains traffic safety (rolling stock). Bezopasnost dvizheniya poezdov: sb. tr. VII nauch.-prakt. konf. (Safety of trains movement: collected works of the VII scientific-practical conference). Moscow: MIIT, 2006. pp. 14–15. (In Russ.).
- Technical Reglament on Fire Safety Requirements: Federal Law № 123-FL of July 22, 2008. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902111644 (accessed: December 2, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the Approval of Methods of Determination of Fire Risk Calculated Values at the Production Objects: the Order of EMERCOM of Russia of July 10, 2009 № 404. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902170886 (accessed: December 2, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Shebeko Yu.N., Shebeko A.Yu., Gordienko D.M., Leonchuk P.A. An assessment of fire risk of petroleum gas trucking. Pozharnaja bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2014. № 4. pp. 26–33. (In Russ.).
- Shebeko Yu.N., Shebeko A.Yu., Gordienko D.M., Leonchuk P.A, Sulimenko V.A. Fire risk of transportation of liquefied petroleum gas by railway transport. Pozharnaja bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2016. № 1. pp. 43–49. (In Russ.).
- Shebeko Yu.N., Shebeko A.Yu., Gordienko D.M., Leonchuk P.A. Calculation of societal fire risk of hazardous cargo transportation by automobile and railway transport. Pozharnaja bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2016. № 1. pp. 50–53. (In Russ.).
- Birk A.M., Anderson R.J., Coppens A.J. A computer simulation of a derailment accident: Part I — Model basis. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 1990. Vol. 25. Iss. 1–2. pp. 121–147.
- About the approval of Norms of allotment of the land plots required for the formation of the railway rights-of-way, and also norms of calculation of the railways protection zone: Order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation dated August 6, 2008 № 126. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902117517 (accessed: December 2, 2019). (In Russ.).