Due to the inevitable transition of the largest industrial complexes of the country to work with full load, the creation of new industries, an increase in the volume of transportation of goods, including dangerous goods, and the need for long-term storage of hazardous substances, the problem of managing professional risks in order to reduce the likelihood of accidents and injuries is becoming more and more urgent.
In the coming years, there will be a sharp increase in the share of age employees in production collectives due to the retirement-age increase. This requires a new approach to ensuring safety of their work and preventing emergency situations due to the natural age-related decline in attention, memory, and staff performance.
The probable risks and related problems in the field of occupational safety are assessed in connection with an increase in the retirement age, and, as a result, an increase in the share of the age employees in the production collectives. The proposals are developed related to reduction of accidents and injuries risks. Methodological basis of the work is to analyze the research materials on changes in the psychophysiological parameters of health and cognitive abilities of a person of pre-retirement age, which affect the increase in the risk of accidents and injuries, attention, memory, fatigue, performance efficiency. It is shown that after 60 years, the cognitive abilities of most people begin to decline sharply. Occupational health and safety services of industrial enterprises need to accept a new reality in their work, and, in the near future to maximize attention to the age group of the employees.
- Tikhonova G.I., Churanova A.N. Long-term analysis of the specifics of the work injuries record in Russia. Demograficheskoe obozrenie = Demographic Review. 2019. Vol. 6. № 2. pp. 142–164. (In Russ.).
- Report on the results of the work of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Russian Federation in 2018 and the tasks for 2019. Available at: https://minsoc.gov-murman.ru/upload/iblock/7a7/Doklad-na-kollegiyu-2019-god-knizhka.pdf (accessed: January 30, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Annual report on the activity of the Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service. Available at: http://www.gosnadzor.ru/public/annual_reports/%D0%93%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9%20%D0%BE%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%82%20%D0%B7%D0%B0%202018%20%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4.pdf (accessed: January 30, 2020). (In Russ.).
- State report «On the protection status of the population and territories of the Russian Federation from Natural and Technogenic Emergencies in 2018». Moscow: FGBU VNII GOChS (FTs), 2019. 344 p. (In Russ.).
- Shirokov Yu.A. Industrial safety management. Moscow: Lan, 2019. 360 p. (In Russ.).
- Bukhtiyarov I.V., Yushkova O.I., Shardakova E.F., Tikhonova G.I., Elizarova V.V. Analysis of risk of the employees fatigue during neuro-emotional and physical exertion. Aktualnye voprosy analiza riska pri obespechenii sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya i zashchity prav potrebiteley: materialy VIII Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem (Topical issues of risk analysis while ensuring sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population and consumer rights protection: materials of the Eighth All-Russian Scientific-Practical Conference with the International Participation). Perm: Izd-vo Permskogo natsionalnogo issledovatelskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta, 2018. pp. 500–504. (In Russ.).
- Vorobeva O.V. Model for risk assessment of injuries and accidents taking into account the influence of the human factor. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining informational and analytical bulletin. 2009. № 12. pp. 61–72. (In Russ.).
- Smirnov G.N., Shirokov Yu.A. Retirement age — is it time to raise? Sovremennye tendentsii razvitiya nauki i tekhnologiy = Modern trends in the development of science and technology. 2017. № 2–7. pp. 131–135. (In Russ.).
- Yakhno N.N., Zakharov V.V., Lokshina A.B. Memory and attention disorders in old age. Zhurnal nevrologii i psikhiatrii im. S.S. Korsakova = Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry named after S.S. Korsakova. 2006. № 2. pp. 58–62. (In Russ.).
- Leijten F.R., Heuvel S.G., Ybema J.F., Van den Beek A.J., Robroek S.J., Burdorf A. The influence of chronic health problems on work ability and productivity at work: a longitudinal study among older employees. Scandinavian Journal of Work Enviroment & Health. 2014. № 40 (5). pp. 473–482. DOI: 10.5271/sjweh.3444
- Van de Vijfeijke H., Leijten F.R., Ybema J.F., Van den Heuvel S.G., Robroek S.J., Van der Beek A.J., Burdorf A., Taris T.W. Differential effects of mental and physical health and coping style on work ability: a one-year follow-up study among aging workers. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2013. № 55 (10). DOI: 10.1097/JOM.0b013e3182a2a5e1
- Alavinia S.M., Molenaar D., Burdorf A. Productivity loss in the workforce: associations with health, work demands, and individual characteristics. American Journal of Industrial Medicine. 2009. № 52 (1). pp. 49–56. DOI: 10.1002/ajim.20648/
- Lehallier B., Gate D., Schaum N., Nanasi T., Lee S.E., Yousef H., Losada P.M., Berdnik D., Keller A., Verghese J., Sathyan S., Franceschi C., Milman S., Barzilai N., Wyss-Coray T. Undulating changes in human plasma proteome profiles across the lifespan. Nature Medicine. 2019. № 25 (12). pp. 1843–1850. DOI: 10.1038/s41591-019-0673-2
- Kapysheva U.N., Bakhtiyarova Sh.K., Baimbetova A.K., Zhaksymov B.I., Korganbaeva A.S. The dynamics of changes in the cognitive functions when aging in humans. Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamentalnykh issledovaniy = International Journal of Applied and Basic Research. 2015. № 11 (3). pp. 383–387. (In Russ.).
- Gould R., Ilmarinen J., Jarvisalo J., Koskinen S. Dimension of work ability: results of the Health 2000 Survey. Helsinki: Finnish Centre of Pensions, The Social Insurance Institution, National Public Health Institute, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, 2008. 185 p.
- Aleman A. The brain is retired. A scientific look at the old age. Moscow: Mann, Ivanov i Ferber, 2015. 192 p. (In Russ.).
- Karpenko M.P., Kachalova L.M., Budilova E.V., Terekhin A.T. Cognitive benefits of the third age: neural network model of brain aging. Zhurnal vysshey nervnoy deyatelnosti im. I.P. Pavlova = Journal of Higher Nervous Activity named after I.P. Pavlov. 2009. Vol. 59. № 2. pp. 252–256. (In Russ.).
- RD 03-418—01. Guidelines for conducting risk analysis of hazardous production facilities. Ser. 03. Iss. 10. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2010. 40 p. (In Russ.).
- Fatigue Risk Management System (FRMS) Implementation Guide for Operators. Available at: https://www.icao.int/safety/fatiguemanagement/FRMS%20Tools/FRMS%20Implementation%20Guide%20for%20Operators%20July%202011.pdf (accessed: January 30, 2020).