The issues of ensuring fire safety of industrial enterprises using automatic fire alarm systems is discussed in the article. The foreign and Russian experience of conducting assessment of the efficiency of automatic fire alarm systems is analyzed. Despite the improvement of the regulatory framework for automatic fire alarm systems, the creation of new devices and technologies for detecting fire hazards, the problem of improving the reliability of automatic fire alarm systems actuation remains relevant.
Using the statistical data of the federal state information system «Federal data bank «Fires», the calculations were made of the efficiency of automatic fire alarm system actuation at the industrial facilities from 2016 to 2020. Various types of industrial objects are considered: industrial buildings; warehouse buildings (structures); buildings, industrial installations. Calculations of the efficiency of automatic fire alarm systems are based on determining the number of cases of implementation of various modes of its operation. The social and material consequences of fires are investigated considering actuation of the automatic fire alarm systems.
When calculating the efficiency of automatic fire alarm systems, the belonging of production facilities to a certain type of property, risk category and branch of industry is considered. Studies showed that the highest efficiency is characteristic of production facilities that are in the federal ownership (90.9 %) and grows up with an increase in the risk category of the object of protection. Thus, for industrial facilities assigned to the category of high risk, the efficiency of automatic fire alarm system actuation for the period from 2016 to 2020 is 92.3 %. By the type of industry, the lowest efficiency of automatic fire alarm system actuation is observed at the fuel industry (62 %), as well as at the construction and shipbuilding enterprises (75 %).
- Topolskiy N.G. Fundamentals of the automated systems of fire and explosion safety of objects. Мoscow: Izd-vo Moskovskogo instituta pozharnoy bezopasnosti MVD Rossii, 1997. 164 p. (In Russ.).
- Fedorov A.V., Lukyanchenko A.A., Aleshkov A.M., Lomaev E.N. Structure and functions automated managerial system by fire-prevention protection of the industrial object. Available at: http://agps-2006.narod.ru/ttb/2010-3/18-03-10.ttb.pdf (accessed: February 4, 2021). (In Russ.).
- Fedorov A.V., Gaplaev A.A.-B., Topolskiy N.G., Samarin I.V. Automation of control and testing of fire protection control systems for fuel and energy complex facilities: monograph. Мoscow: RGU nefti i gaza (NIU) imeni I.M. Gubkina, 2019. 183 p. (In Russ.).
- Chlenov A.N. New Opportunities of Management of Fire-Prevention Protection of Objects. Pozhary i chrezvychaynye situatsii: predotvrashchenie, likvidatsiya = Fires and emergency situations: prevention, elimination. 2013. № 3. pp. 48–53. (In Russ.).
- Chlenov A.N. Early detection of fire by fire protection systems of the objects. Ezhegodnaya mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. «Sistemy bezopasnosti» (Annual International Scientific and Technical Conference «Safety systems»). 2013. № 22. pp. 262–265. (In Russ.).
- Topolskiy N.G., Samarin I.V., Strogonov A.Yu. Model for assessment of ensuring the integrated safety in an automated process control system with the use of fire detector diagnostics for building an automated fire and explosion safety management support system. Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2018. Vol. 27. Iss. 11. pp. 15–22. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18322/PVB.2018.27.11.15-22
- Kopylov S.N., Zdor V.L., Poroshin A.A. System Approach to Designing of Fire. Available at: https://panel.sft.cnbop.pl/storage/b1907fd0-4ebe-43ef-8778-5c2567c42356 (accessed: February 4, 2021). (In Russ.). DOI: 10.12845/bitp.31.3.2013.12
- Chlenov A.N., Menkeev A.I., Darbakov D.V. Kiselev K.V., Chernenko S.A. Current State and Prospects for the Development of Fire Detectors. Istoricheskiy opyt, sovremennye problemy i perspektivy obrazovatelnoy i nauchnoy deyatelnosti v oblasti pozharnoy bezopasnosti: sb. tez. dokl. materialov mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (Historical experience, modern problems, and prospects of educational and scientific activities in the field of fire safety: collection of abstracts of the materials of the international scientific and practical conference). Мoscow: Akademiya GPS MChS Rossii, 2018. pp. 375–379. (In Russ.).
- Catelani M., Ciani L., Venzi M. Failure modes, mechanisms and effect analysis on temperature redundant sensor stage. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. 2018. № 180. pp. 425–433. DOI: 10.1016/j.ress.2018.08.013
- Jung M. Der «Stern von Sendling». Abläufe mit Brandschutzvorrichtung in ADAC-Zentrale. Available at: https://www.tab.de/artikel/tab_Der_Stern_von_Sendling__1943240.html (accessed: February 4, 2021).
- Tian Shu-ren. The design of intelligent electrical fire larm system based on neural network. Fire Science and Technology. 2015.Vol. 34. Iss. 9. pp. 1201–1204.
- Linden O. Technologien gegen Täuschungsalarme. Available at: https://www.tab.de/artikel/tab_Technologien_gegen_Taeuschungsalarme_2060537.html (accessed: February 4, 2021).
- Martin G., Boehmer H., Olenick S.M. Thermaly-induced failure of smoke alarms. Fire Technology. 2020. Vol. 56. Iss. 2. pp. 673–692.
- Cleary T. Results from a full-scale smoke alarm sensitivity study. Fire Technology. 2014. Vol. 50. Iss. 3. pp. 775–790.
- Putilin I.P. Problems of ensuring and monitoring the operability of fire automatics. Algoritm Bezopasnosti = Safety Algorithm. 2018. № 6. pp. 30–33. (In Russ.).
- Lomaev E.N., Fedorov A.V., Gaplaev A.A.-B. Substantiation of Application of the Functional-Parametrical Approach of the Estimation of Reliability of Systems of Fire Automatics While in Servise. Evraziyskiy Soyuz Uchenykh = Eurasian Union of Scientists. 2015. № 10-2 (19). pp. 84–86. (In Russ.).
- Gushchin Ya.S. Reliability Measurement at Production Facilities. Ezhegodnaya mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. «Sistemy bezopasnosti» (Annual International Scientific and Technical Conference «Safety systems»). 2017. № 26. pp. 364–367. (In Russ.).
- Fedorov A.V., Lomaev E.N., Gaplaev A.A.-B., Toktarkhan E.O. Efficiency of fire automation systems at the industrial facilities in 2005–2014. Pozhary i chrezvychaynye situatsii: predotvrashchenie, likvidatsiya = Fires and emergency situations: prevention, elimination. 2016. № 2. pp. 73–76. (In Russ.).