It is established that the development of coal deposits, especially on deep horizons, is usually accompanied by gas-dynamic and thermophysical processes. These are dangerous phenomena that initiate detonation and shock waves, which lead to especially serious accidents. The system of workings at the mining enterprises has a complicated branched structure with numerous turns, branches and junctions. Gas-air flows do not always move in a straight line, at the curved sections they turn around, and, also branch out, moving from one working to another. As a result, the process of the shock front formation changes significantly, since the normal line to it does not coincide with the direction of the gas-air flow velocity, as it takes place in the straight mine workings.
The specific features of the shock front formation in the gas-air mixtures at the sections of the mine workings turns are considered in the article. For specific parameters of the gas-air mixture, when the working is turning to the preset angle, the shock polar is built. With its help, the gas-dynamic and thermophysical characteristics are determined, and some regularities of the gas-air flow movement behind the shock front are identified. It is determined that at any fixed Mach number, the pressure, density and temperature behind the shock front when the working is turning is always less than the similar characteristics behind the shock front at the straight section. With an increase in the Mach number, the pressure, temperature, and density are increasing monotonously, moreover, the pressure plots are in the form of the concave curves, and the plots of temperature and density are almost straight lines. The conditions for the formation of the detached shock wave at the edge of the wedge in the mine workings junctions are noted.
- Bolshinskiy M.I., Lysikov B.A., Kaplyukhin A.A. Gas-dynamic phenomena in the mines. Sevastopol: Veber, 2003. 284 p. (In Russ.).
- Cherdantsev N.V., Cherdantsev S.V., Lee Khi Un, Filatov Yu.M., Shlapakov P.A., Lebedev K.S. About One Approach to the Description of Blow of Methane from the Coal Massif to the Mine Workings. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 3. pp. 45–52. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2017-3-45-52
- Cherdantsev S.V., Cherdantsev N.V., Li Khi Un, Lebedev K.S., Lee K.H., Khaylin S.A. Determination of gas blowing emission parameters from coal massif into mine openings. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Industrial Safety. 2017. № 1. pp. 26–33. (In Russ.).
- Oparin V.N., Kiryaeva T.A., Gavrilov V.Yu., Tanashev Yu.Yu., Bolotov V.A. Initiation of underground fire sources. Journal of Mining Science. 2016. Vol. 52. Iss. 3. pp. 576–592.
- Chanyshev A.I. A method to determine a body’s thermal state. Journal of Mining Science. 2012. Vol. 48. Iss. 4. pp. 660–668.
- Amelchugov S.P., Bykov V.I., Tsybenova S.B. Spontaneous Combustion of Brown-Coal Dust. Experiment, Determination of Kinetic Parameters, and Numerical Modeling. Combustion, Explosion and Shock Waves. 2002. Vol. 38. Iss. 3. pp. 295–300.
- Vasilev A.A., Vasilev V.A. Calculated and experimental parameters of combustion and detonation mixtures based on methane and coal dust. Vestnik Nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Industrial Safety. 2016. № 2. pp. 8–39. (In Russ.).
- Kurlenya M.V., Skritsky V.A. Methane Explosions and Causes of Their Origin in Highly Productive Sections of Coal Mines. Journal of Mining Science. 2017. Vol. 53. Iss. 5. pp. 861– 867.
- Cherdantsev S.V., Shlapakov P.A. Analysis of the State of Dust-Gas-Air Mixtures in the Atmosphere of Mine Workings in the Vicinity of Spontaneous Heating Points. Bezopasnost Truda v Promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 9. pp. 15–21. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-9-15-21
- Cherdantsev S.V., Shlapakov P.A., Lebedev K.S., Kolykhalov V.V. Creation of detonation process during gas outburst in roadway at supersonic speed. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2019. № 7. pp. 62–73. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.25018/0236-1493-2019-07-0-62-73
- Ovsyannikov L.V. Lectures on the basics of gas dynamics. Moscow–Izhevsk: Institut kompyuternykh issledovaniy, 2003. 336 p. (In Russ.).
- Rakhmatullin Kh.A., Sagomonyan A.Ya., Bunimovich A.I., Zverev N.N. Gas dynamics. Moscow: Vysshaja shkola, 1965. 723 p. (In Russ.).
- Stanyukovich K.P. Unsteady motion of the continuous medium. Moscow: Nauka, 1971. 856 p. (In Russ.).
- Kutateladze S.S. Fundamentals of heat transfer theory. Moscow: Atomizdat, 1979. 416 p. (In Russ.).