Currently, the main prospects for improving the insulating means of respiratory protection are associated with the chemical method of oxygen reservation. Main arguments in favor of this choice are the high density of oxygen packaging and its self-regulating supply depending on physical activity of the person. However, the efficiency of using the protective resource of chemically bound oxygen is far from ideal. This is due to the presence of the so-called dead layer of chemisorbent based on potassium superoxide and pallets sintering under the effect of exothermic heat released when the exhaled carbon dioxide is bound.
To optimize the working process of the breathing apparatus using chemically bound oxygen, the formalism was developed that allows to simulate regeneration of the exhaled air by the layer of potassium superoxide oxide granules, the diameter of which gradually decreases in the direction of airflow filtration. It was shown that an increase of 1 mm in the granules in the frontal layer of chemisorbent reduces by 36 % the power of exothermic heat sources, preventing the sintering of the oxygen-containing product at heavy physical load of the person. Dependence of the diameter of the granules on the depth of their occurrence in the regenerative cartridge is obtained, which ensures the uniform distribution of the thermal power of the dynamic chemisorption of carbon dioxide. Decrease in the diameter of the granules according to the found law to 2 mm, even in the absence of sintering in the uniformly equipped cartridge, ensures 27 % increase in protective action due to the resource of the dead layer of self-rescuing chemisorbent in heavy duty operation. The lower estimate of the dead layer resource during further grinding of granules is made and the ways of its use are indicated.
- Gudkov S.V., Matveykin V.G., Shapovalov G.G. Advantage of Using Isolating Self-Rescuers with Chemically Fixed Oxygen in the Coal Mines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2012. № 11. pp. 40–44. (In Russ.).
- BS EN 13794:2002. Respiratory protective devices — Self-contained closed-circuit breathing apparatus for escape — Requirements, testing, marking. Available at: http://www.nsopb.ru/fck_editor_files/files/8%20%20%2053260%201%20.pdf (accessed: July 1, 2019).
- Gudkov S.V., Dvoretskiy S.I., Putin S.B., Tarov V.P. Self-contained breathing apparatus and the basics of their design: Textbook. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2008. 188 p. (In Russ.).
- Jolson J. Underground Self-Rescuer Technology, Past, Present, and Future. 3rd SCSR Workshop at the MSHA Training Academy. Arlington, 2006.
- Rylov Yu.B., Dvoretskiy S.I. Development of energy-saving process and hardware-technological design of the production of the regenerative product with potassium ferrate (VI). Vestnik TGTU = Bulletin TGTU. 2012. Vol. 18. № 3. pp. 656–662. (In Russ.).
- Maystrenko A.V., Maystrenko N.V., Erokhin O.I. Modeling of self-contained breathing apparatus on chemically bound oxygen. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta = Scientific journal of Belgorod State University. 2014. № 1 (172). Iss. 29/1. pp. 81–87. (In Russ.).
- Didenko N.S. Regenerative respirators for mining operations. Moscow: Nedra, 1990. 158 p. (In Russ.).
- Ekhilevskiy S.G., Golubeva O.V., Pyatkin D.V., Gureva N.A. Influence of the shape and size of the porous granules on the rate of internal diffusion. Izvestiya Donetskogo gornogo institute = News of Donetsk Mining Institute. 2010. № 1. pp. 105–113. (In Russ.).
- Kawano M., Watarai H. Porosity Measurement Apparatus and Porosity Measurement Method. Patent № 2741079 EP, G01N 27/74. PCT/JP 2012/069697. Applied: August 2, 2012. Published: June 11, 2014. Bulletin № 24.
- Balabanov P.V., Krimshteyn A.A., Ponomarev S.V. Identification of parameters of the mathematical models of air regeneration by means of insulating type protective equipment. Vestnik Voronezhskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of Voronezh State Technical University. 2010. Vol. 6. № 7. pp. 68–73. (In Russ.).
- Ekhilevskiy S.G., Olshannikov S.A., Potapenko E.P. Effect of the variable boundary conditions on the quasi-stationary profile of CO2 concentration in the regeneration cartridge of the mine respirator. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Gornyy zhurnal = News of Higher Education Institutions. Mining Journal. 2013. № 3. pp. 46–54. (In Russ.).
- Ekhilevskiy S.G. Increasing the resource of breathing apparatus on chemically bound oxygen: Abstract of the thesis... Doctor of Technical Science. Donetsk, 2002. 36 p. (In Russ.).
- Alhama F., González-Fernández C.F. Network simulation method for solving phase-change heat transfer problems with variable thermal properties. Heat and Mass Transfer. 2002. Vol. 38. Iss. 4–5. pp. 327–335.
- Ekhilevskiy S.G., Potapenko E.P., Golubeva O.V. Modeling the of the breathing apparatus working process on the chemically bound oxygen after changing the mode of its operation. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Gornyy zhurnal = News of higher educational institutions. Mining journal. 2015. № 1. pp. 35–41. (In Russ.).