A.I. Grazhdankin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Department Head, email@example.com A.S. Pecherkin, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., First Dep. General Dir. STC «Industrial Safety» CJSC, Moscow, Russia O.V. Nikolayenko, Department Head PAO GAZPROM NEFT, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Tolerable risk levels of accident are required for comprehensive assessment of compensatory measures sufficiency when developing substantiation of safety of hazardous production facility in cases of deviation from the requirements of the federal norms and regulations in the field of industrial safety. This procedure is regulated by the Safety guide «Methods of the establishment of accident tolerable risk at substantiation of safety of hazardous production facilities of oil and gas complex». The main outcome of the absolutely small period of its validity — realized and in many respects methodical shift from risk-guiding approach to risk-oriented approach in the field of industrial safety mastered by expert community. Basic methodical provisions and problematic issues of the procedure of establishing tolerable risk levels of accident are considered. For differentiation of the transition from the potential of accident hazard to its implementation it is required to have special criterion, which is proposed to characterize by different levels of tolerable risk.
The methods do not establish any specific numerical values of accident tolerable risk. It regulates the recommended procedure of the tolerable risk establishment by the developer of the document «Substantiation of Safety of Hazardous Production Facility» required to it for the assessment of sufficiency of the compensatory safety measures: at the specific hazardous production facility and at the specific deviation from the requirements of the federal norms and regulations in the field of industrial safety.
Conditions of safe operation of hazardous production facility are consistently substantiated: by defining the set of the parameters and selection of key indicators of safe operation of hazardous production facility; by the assessment of values of the selected indicators before and after the required deviation from safety requirements; by comparison of values of the selected indicators of safe operation of hazardous production facility with criteria of ensuring safe operation at deviation from safety requirements; by substantiation of the decision on safe operation of hazardous production facility.
The methods allow not only to develop the regulatory document «Substantiation of Safety of Hazardous Production Facility», but also to facilitate detection and prevention of new hazards and threats for safe future of industrial Russia.
1. Metodika ustanovleniya dopustimogo riska avarii pri obosnovanii bezopasnosti opasnykh proizvodstvennykh obektov neftegazovogo kompleksa: ruk. po bezopasnosti (Methods of Establishment of Accident Tolerable Risk at Substantiation of Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities of Oil and Gas Complex: Safety Guide). Ser. 08. Iss. 32. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 24 p.
2. Metodicheskie osnovy po provedeniyu analiza opasnostey i otsenki riska avariy na opasnykh proizvodstvennykh obektakh: ruk. po bezopasnosti (Methodical Bases on Conducting Analysis of Hazards and Accident Risk Assessment at Hazardous Production Facilities: Safety Guide). Ser. 27. Iss. 8. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2016. 56 p.
3. Farmer F.R. Methodology of Energy Risk Comparisons. IAEA BULLETIN. 1980. Vol. 22. № 5 (6). pp. 120–122. Available at: https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/files/publications/magazines/bulletin/bull22-5/225_604092220.pdf (accessed: December 1, 2017).
4. Bertin M. Studies of risks from different energy sources. Methodological comments. IAEA BULLETIN. 1980. Vol. 22. № 5 (6). pp. 72–79. Available at: https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/files/publications/magazines/bulletin/bull22-5/225_604097279.pdf (accessed: December 1, 2017).
5. Lagadec P. Major Technological Risk. An Assessment of Industrial Disasters. 1st ed. Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1982.
6. Christensen F.M., Andersen O., Duijm N.J., Harremoes P. Risk terminology — a platform for common understanding and better communication. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 2003. № 103. pp. 181–203.
7. Grazhdankin A.I., Degtyarev D.V., Lisanov M.V., Pecherkin A.S. Main indices of accident risk in terms of the theory of probability. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2002. № 7. pp. 35–39.
8. Grazhdankin A.I., Pecherkin A.S. About the effect of «complex risk management» on the growth of the threats of technogenic character. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2004. № 3. pp. 38–42.
9. Grazhdankin A.I. What do you mean by safety? Pozharovzryvobezopasnost = Fire and Explosion Safety. 2012. Vol. 21. № 3. pp. 81–85.
10. Grazhdankin A.I., Pecherkin A.S., Sidorov V.I. Tolerable risk — measure of unacceptable hazard of industrial accident. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2015. № 3. pp. 66–70.
11. Obshchie trebovaniya k obosnovaniyu bezopasnosti opasnogo proizvodstvennogo obekta: feder. normy i pravila v obl. prom. bezopasnosti (General Requirements to Substantiation of Safety of Hazardous Production Facility: Federal Norms and Regulations in the Field of Industrial Safety). Ser. 03. Iss. 73. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 16 p.
12. Lauridsen K., Kozine I., Markert F., Amendola A., Christou M., Fiori M. Assessment of uncertainties in risk analysis of chemical establishments. The ASSURANCE Project. Final Summary Report. 2002. 49 p. Available at: http://riskprom.ru/_ld/2/265_ris-r-1344.pdf (accessed: December 1, 2017).