Yu.M. Govorukhin, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Leading Researcher, email@example.com A.N. Domrachev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Senior Researcher V.G. Krivolapov, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), Leading Researcher D.Yu. Paleyev, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Department Head FGKU «National Mine Rescue Center», Novokuznetsk, Russia Yu.M. Filatov, Cand. Sci. (Eng.), General Director AO Scientific Center of VostNII on Industrial and Ecological Safety in Mining Industry, Kemerovo, Russia
The results of the mathematical modeling of processes of gas collector formation in the worked-out area at the development of the extraction pillars by the complex longwall mining. As the worked-out area has aerodynamic connection with the operating developments, it is obvious that it is an integral part of mine ventilation network. Due to the fact that the caved media — the important components of gas balance of the extraction sites, for the development of the effective control systems of gas emission it is required to integrate in them the model of the worked-out area during creation of computer models of the ventilation networks.
The authors have taken into account that cavities distribution in the porous media — irregular, chaotic and filtrational flows are characterized by irregular changes of the current lines. On this basis the assumption is accepted that filtration in the worked-out area happens in the turbulent mode.
To resolve the set problem the Ventilation software complex is applied. During creation of the model the mining-geological and mining-technical conditions of one of the mines of the Baydayevsk field are used. Methane release at the worked-out area is set according to the main components of gas balance. Methane abundance of each source is estimated by means of the Ventilation of the worked-out areas software.
Modeling is done related to aero gasdynamic processes in the worked-out area for different control systems of gas emission at the section. The results of researches are presented in the form of 3D models and isosurfaces of layers of the three-dimensional difference grid. The control system is proposed related to gas emission with the use of the isolated removal of methane and air mix from the developed space by the degassing holes drilled from the surface in the zone of maximum concentration of methane in the collapse zone.
The applied approach allows to develop the effective technical and technological solutions ensuring increase in safety of conducting mining operations and increase in load on the working face.
1. Paleev D.Yu., Balaganskiy M.Yu., Knyshenko A.N. On the numerical method for solving the stationary problem of ventilation of mine workings and the mine worked-out area. Vestnik nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Newsletter of the Scientific Center for Safety of Work in the Coal Industry. 2010. № 1. pp. 31–34.
2. Govorukhin Yu.M., Domrachev A.N., Krivolapov V.G., Paleev D.Yu., Balaganskiy M.Yu. Methodology of modeling of the filtration of air-gas mixes in the worked-out area of the extraction site. Vestnik nauchnogo tsentra po bezopasnosti rabot v ugolnoy promyshlennosti = Newsletter of the Scientific Center on Safety of Works in the Coal Industry. 2011. № 1. pp. 72–76.
3. Gharehdash G., Barzegar M. Numerical models currently being developed for use in mining industry. Mine planning and equipment selection. Proceedings of the 22nd MPES Conference. Drezden: Springer, 2013. pp. 481–490.
4. Guo H., Yuan L. An integrated approach to study of strata behaviour and gas flow dynamics and its application. International Journal of Coal Science & Technology. 2015. № 2 (1). pp. 12–21.
5. Liu X., Yang S. Three-dimensional numerical simulation of methane drainage by high-level drill holes in a lower protective coal seam with a «U» type face. International Journal of Coal Science & Technology. 2014. № 1 (4). pp. 434–440.
6. Lu P., Li P., Chen J., Zhang C., Xue J., Yu T. Gas drainage from different mine areas: optimal placement of drainage systems for deep coal seams with high gas emissions. International Journal of Coal Science & Technology. 2015. № 2 (1). pp. 84–90.
7. Rib S.V., Basov V.V. Methods of basic data preparation for solution of two-dimensional problems of numerical modeling of non-uniform coal pillars. Vestnik sibirskogo gosudarstvennogo industrialnogo universiteta = Newsletter of the Siberian State Industrial University. 2014. № 4 (10). pp. 11–14.
8. Vremennye rekomendatsii po snizheniyu gazoobilnosti vyemochnykh uchastkov shakht Kuzbassa poverkhnostnymi gazootsasyvayushchimi ventilyatorami, ustanovlennymi na ustyakh ventilyatsionnykh skvazhin (Temporary Recommendations about the Decrease in gas Content of Extraction Sites of Kuzbass Mines by the Superficial Gas-exhaust Fans Installed on the Mouths of the Ventilation Holes). Kemerovo: VostNII, 1987. 30 p.
9. Grashchenkov N.F., Petrosyan A.E., Frolov M.A. Rudnichnaya ventilyatsiya: spravochnik (Mine Ventilation: Reference Book). 2-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow: Nedra, 1988. 440 p.
10. Rukovodstvo po proektirovaniyu ventilyatsii ugolnykh shakht (Guide to Design of Coal Mines Ventilation). Makeyevka-Donbass: MakNII, 1989. 319 p.
11. Instruktsiya po primeneniyu skhem provetrivaniya vyemochnykh uchastkov shakht s izolirovannym otvodom metana iz vyrabotannogo prostranstva s pomoshchyu gazootsasyvayushchikh ustanovok (Instruction for Application of Ventilation Diagrams of Mines Extraction Sites with the Isolated Removal of Methane from the Developed Space by Means of the Gas-exhaust Installations). Ser. 05. Iss. 18. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2010. 152 p.
12. Ushakov K.Z. Gazovaya dinamika shakht (Gas Dynamics of Mines). 2-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow: MGGU, 2004. 481 p.