At the mines where hazardous and threatening with sudden outburst emissions coal seams are developed, it is required to conduct a current forecast of the coal seams outburst hazard, which is based on an estimate of methane consumption from the control drill holes.
Previously, the gas flow rate was measured using PG2-MA and IG-1 pressure gauges. Pressure gauges have some significant drawbacks. Their capillaries are regularly clogged with coal dust coming out from the control drill hole, which results in distortion of the measurement results. Pressure gauges do not register measured flow rate values, they do not have compensation for temperature errors. Metrological support is developed for pressure gauges that reduces the forecast accuracy and reliability.
For eliminating above shortcomings, the development of modern mine methane flow meters was conducted based on the hot-wire measurement principle with electronic processing of the measured information. Cross-sectional area of the flow meter primary sensor is dozens of times larger compared to the pressure gauges, therefore the coal dust does not clog the gas path. The temperature error is automatically corrected. High-speed response ensures recording the real dynamics of gas release from the control drill hole. Several additional service functions are implemented.
For electronic flow meters, the metrological support is developed and certified in accordance with the established procedure, including a method for checking the device with clean air (instead of methane) and an exemplary installation.
Due to special circuitry solutions, the explosion-proof design of the CoalAwakeningBeast device with the type of protection «intrinsically safe electrical circuit» is provided, which is confirmed by the results of testing the flowmeter in the laboratories of MakNII and VostNII. Industrial tests conducted at the mines in four coal-mining basins confirmed the functionality of the device.
In the Karaganda Technical University based on the development of Scientific and technical producer's cooperative NTPK Microclim (Karaganda, Kazakhstan), preparations are being made for a small-scale production of CoalAwakeningBeast flow meters.
- On the approval of the Federal norms and regulations in the field of industrial safety «Instructions for predicting dynamic phenomena and monitoring the rock mass when developing coal deposits» (canceled from 01.01.2021 based on the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 06.08.2020 № 1192): Rostechnadzor order dated August 15, 2016 № 339. URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420376922 (accessed: November 1, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Safety rules in the coal mines: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. 6-e izd., ispr. i dop. Ser. 05. Iss. 40. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2020. 198 p. (In Russ.).
- Guidelines for safe conducting of mining works on the seams hazardous on sudden coal and gas outburst: order of the Committee on the state control over emergency situations and industrial safety of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 28, 2012, № 48. Available at: https://online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=31267788#pos=0;0 (accessed: November 1, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Myasnikov A.A. Occupational safety in the coal mines: Practical guide. Moscow: Nedra, 1992. pp. 96–123. (In Russ.).
- Olkhovichenko A.E. Forecast of the coal seams outburst hazard. Moscow: Nedra, 1982. 280 p. (In Russ.).
- Malyshev Yu.N., Ayruni A.T., Khudin Yu.L., Bolshinskiy M.I. Forecast methods and ways of preventing the outburst of gas, coal and rocks. Moscow: Nedra, 1995. 352 p. (In Russ.).
- Ivanov B.M., Malinnikova O.N., Indylo S.V., Kolesov A.V. Analysis of the reasons of accidents caused by gas-dynamic phenomena in the coal mines. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten = Mining information and analytical bulletin. 2006. S2. pp. 133–147. (In Russ.).
- Biryukov Yu.M., Drizhd N.A., Fominykh E.I. Safe mining in the outburst hazardous coal seams. Karaganda: Izd-vo KarGTU, 2015. 117 p. (In Russ.).
- Starikov G.P., Khudoley O.G., Zavrazhin V.V., Ivanov V.A. Substantiation of the method for predicting the outburst hazard of seams by the parameters of methane mass transfer in the coal. Ugol Ukrainy = Coal of Ukraine. 2014. № 6. pp. 37–40. (In Russ.).
- Abramson K., Potapov P. Foresee a catastrophe. Gorno-metallurgicheskaya promyshlennost = Mining and metallurgical industry. 2013. № 10 (67). pp. 57–59. (In Russ.).
- State Register № 11594-88: Portable mine gas flow meters TAIRG. Available at: http://www.kip-guide.ru/info/11594-88 (accessed: November 1, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Kolesnichenko E.A., Artemev V.B., Kolesnichenko I.E., Lyubomishchenko E.I. Normative and Organizational Reasons of Explosive Dead End Atmosphere Formation. Ugol = Coal. 2013. № 7. pp. 23–26. (In Russ.).
- Abramson K.M., Baysagov Ya.Zh., Grekov A.A., Drizhd N.A., Bozhko D.I. Operative Information Instrument for Mine Accidents Prevention. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 8. pp. 72–77. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-8-72-77
- GOST 31610.11—2014 (IEC 60079-11:2011). Explosive atmospheres. Part 11. Equipment with type of explosion protection «intrinsically safe electrical circuit «i». Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200121999 (accessed: November 1, 2020). (In Russ.).
- Karataev R.N. Theory and practice of means for measuring the flow rates of technological flows of liquid and gaseous media and the methods of processing the results of measurement: thesis… Doctor of Technical Sciences. Kazan, 1996. 299 p. (In Russ.).
- MI 1728-87 * GSI. Methods of recalculation of the calibration characteristic «air consumption — methane consumption» of the TAIRG mine portable flow meter. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/471831485 (accessed: November 1, 2020). (In Russ.).
- GOST R 8.675—2009. State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements. Electromagnetic flowmeters. Calibration methods. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200082607 471831485 (accessed: November 1, 2020). (In Russ.).