As per item 353 and Appendix № 6 of the Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety «Safety rules in the oil and gas industry», the smallest distance between the mouths of production gas and gas condensate wells is 40 m. According to the Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety «General requirements for substantiation of safety of a hazardous production facility» this substantiation should include the list of activities containing additional safety measures, compensatory deviations from the requirements of the regulatory documents. To confirm sufficiency of the compensatory measures, the results of studies, calculations, tests, simulation of emergency situations, risk assessment or analysis of operating experience of similar hazardous production facilities are required. At the well pads of oil, gas and gas condensate wells the most hazardous accidents are open uncontrolled blowouts at the wellheads with jet fire occurrence.
The indicators, which are traditional for the quantitative risk assessment, in this case cannot adequately characterize the degree of hazard due to lack at the similar facilities of the workplaces, in which permanent stay of the personnel is provided. Therefore, when substantiating the reduction of the distances between the gas and gas condensate wellheads, the criterion of compensatory measures sufficiency may be the time during which the absorbed dose of thermal radiation at the adjacent equipment will reach the threshold value. If this threshold is exceeded, the equipment can be considered destroyed. The main safety measure in case of deviations from the established requirements for the distances between the mouths of the gas and gas condensate wells is the installation of the downhole shut-off valve.
- Safety rules in the oil and gas industry: Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 08. Iss. 19. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 314 p. (In Russ.).
- On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- General requirements for substantiation of safety of a hazardous production facility: Federal norms and rules in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 03. Iss. 73. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2017. 16 p. (In Russ.).
- Methods of accidents risk analysis at hazardous production facilities of oil and gas production: Safety guide. Ser. 08. Iss. 28. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 45 p. (In Russ.).
- STO Gazprom 2-2.3-400—2009. Methods of risk analysis for hazardous production facilities of gas producing enterprises of OAO Gazprom. Moscow: OOO «Gazprom ekspo», 2010. 361 p. (In Russ.).
- OGP Risk Assessment Data Directory. Report № 434. March 2010. International Association of Oil and Gas Producers. Available at: https://ru.scribd.com/doc/43436605/OGP-Risk-Assessment-Data-Directory-Report-No-434-Compiled-2010 (accessed: February 15, 2019).
- Methods of accidents risk analysis at hazardous production facilities of the offshore oil and gas complex: Safety guide. Ser. 08. Iss. 27. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2016. 94 p. (In Russ.).
- On approval of the methodology for determining the calculated values of fire risk at production facilities (as amended on December 14, 2010). Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902170886 (accessed: February 15, 2019). (In Russ.).
- TOXI + Risk 5 software package for calculating the consequences of accidents with the release of hazardous substances and risk assessment. Available at: https://toxi.ru/produkty/programmnyi-kompleks-toxirisk-5 (accessed: January 29, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Prokudin S.V., Sofin A.S., Agapov A.A. Analytical solution of the problem of one-dimensional stationary flow of compressible liquid and gas. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2017. № 5. pp. 36–41. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2017-5-36-41
- Methodological framework for conducting hazards analysis and risk assessment of accidents at hazardous production facilities: Safety guide. Ser. 27. Iss. 16. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2018. 56 p. (In Russ.)
- Ryabtsev N.I. Gas equipment, instruments and valves: right. allowance. Reference book. 3-e izd., pererab. i dop. Moscow: Nedra, 1985. 527 p. (In Russ.)
- HSE 2012. Failure Rate and Event Data for use within Land Use Planning Risk Assessments up-dated 28.06.2012. Available at: https://docplayer.net/10235684-Failure-rate-and-event-data-for-use-within-risk-assessments-28-06-2012.html (accessed: February 15, 2019).