Currently, there is no normative support and regulation of the use of fire protection for textiles at the facilities. In the regulatory documents, including in EAEU TR 043/2017 «On the requirements for fire safety and fire extinguishing means», there is no regulation for the development of technical documentation for them, and the procedure for confirming the conformity of flame-retardants for textile materials as means of ensuring their fire safety.
Comparative studies of the flammability of curtain, upholstery furniture fabrics, protective work clothes, canopies and tents treated with various flame-retardants that do not reduce operational properties were carried out using standard evaluation methods.
It is shown that the achievement of the effect of fire protection of fabrics with the same impregnation technology occurs at different concentrations of agents depending on the composition of chemical fibers and test methods. When using an efficient fire- retardant to obtain a flame-retardant fabric containing 100 % polyester, it was not possible to achieve a positive result of fire protection. Efficient surface fire protection of the mixed fabrics with a polyester fiber content of 60 % or more using compositions based on the inorganic salts of phosphoric acid without losing their decorative appearance is not possible, moreover, these compositions do not ensure resistance to washing.
It is concluded that for conducting fire protection of textile materials, it is required to develop technical requirements for fire protection means, which should consider their efficiency of action, method of application and consumption, fabric characteristics, their functional purpose and field of application, as well as regulate methods for assessing flammability, procedures for confirming compliance with fire-safe use.
2. Roberts D.L., Hall M.E., Horrocks A.R. Environmental aspects of flame retardant textiles an overview. Review of Progress in Coloration and Related Topics. 1992. Vol. 22. Iss. 1. pp. 48–57. DOI: 10.1111/J.1478-4408.1992.TB00089.X
3. Reva O.V., Bogdanova V.V., Lukjanov A.S., Mojsejuk S.Ju. Development of Methods for Imparting Fire Resistance to Cellulose and Mixed Fabrics for Protective Clothing. Chrezvychajnye situacii: preduprezhdenie i likvidacija = Emergencies: prevention and liquidation. 2020. № 1 (47). pp. 138–149. (In Russ.).
4. Younis A.A. Protection of polyester fabric from ignition by a new chemical modification method. Journal of Industrial Textiles. 2016. Vol. 47. № 3. DOI: 10.1177/1528083716648761
5. Horrocks A.R., Anand S.C. Handbook of Technical Textiles. San Diego: Elsevier Science, 2016. 390 p.
6. Zubkova N.S., Konstantinova N.I. Fire protection of textile materials. Moscow: Institut informacionnyh tehnologij, 2008. 228 p. (In Russ.).
7. Besshaposhnikova V.I. Development of the scientific foundations and development of the methods for imparting fire-retardant properties to the materials and products of light industry: thesis ... Doctor of Technical Sciences. Moscow, 2006. 408 p. (In Russ.).
8. Tausarova B., Baiimbetova G. Fire-retardant properties of cellulose textile materials with the use of sol-gel technology. Norwegian Journal of Development of the International Science. 2021. № 58-1. pp. 50–54. DOI: 10.24412/3453-9875-2021-58-1-50-54
9. Sabirzjanova R.N., Krasina I.V. Current trends in the production of flame-retardant textile materials. Vestnik Kazanskogo tehnologicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of Kazan Technological University. 2013. Vol. 16. Iss. 8. pp. 75–79. (In Russ.).
10. Lavrenteva E.P. Comparative Analysis of Properties and Various Fire Retardant Fabrics Manufacturing Methods. Shvejnaja promyshlennost = Clothing industry. 2014. № 1. pp. 18–20. (In Russ.).
11. Konstantinova N.I. Problems of materials protection from fibers mixture. Pozharnaja bezopasnost = Fire Safety. 2003. № 2. pp. 109–119. (In Russ.).
12. Strekalova Ju.V. Regularities of thermolysis processes of fibrous polymer materials with various compositions in the presence of phosphorus-containing fire-retardant systems: thesis ... Candidate of Chemical Sciences. Moscow, 2003. 165 p. (In Russ.).