Relevance of the regulatory support for the integration of audit into the industrial safety regulation system is indicated. Emphasis is placed on the need to fulfill the instructions of the President of the Russian Federation formed following a meeting on the situation in the coal industry in terms of creating an audit system for the organizations operating hazardous production facilities.
Description is given concerning two existing approaches to the integration of audit into the practice of the current regulation of industrial safety. Аn approach based on the introduction of the audit of industrial safety management systems is considered, its characteristic features and shortcomings are noted, a parallel is drawn with existing management system certification schemes. Description of the industrial safety audit conducted at the hazardous production facilities is presented. It is noted what is the fundamental novelty of the proposals for the introduction of audit in the field of industrial safety. Advantages of the proposed approach to the integration of industrial safety audit into a number of existing elements of industrial safety regulation are presented. Description is given related to the principles underlying planning of the audit, its conduct and analysis of the results obtained. The set of tools is described, by means of which it is required to collect the audit evidence during its conduct. Recommendations are presented on determining the size of the group of auditors, as well as on the timing of the audit at the facilities.
The most typical violations of industrial safety requirements are systematized and grouped, their causes are identified and measures are proposed to eliminate them.
It is concluded that it is required to integrate industrial safety audit into the current practice of industrial safety regulation in the form of an assessment of compliance with the requirements for a hazardous production facility.
2. Plan of the legislative activity of the Russian Federation Government for 2021: Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 31, 2020 № 3683-r. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/573319193 (accessed: June 13, 2022). (In Russ).
3. GOST R ISO 19011—2021. Guidelines for auditing management systems. Available at: https://files.stroyinf.ru/Data/750/75074.pdf (accessed: June 13, 2022). (In Russ).
4. ISO 19011:2018. Guidelines for auditing management systems. Available at: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:19011:ed-3:v1:en (accessed: June 13, 2022).
5. GOST R ISO 45001—2020. Occupational health and safety management system. Requirements with guidance for use. Available at: https://expert-2014.ru/docs/gost-r-iso-45000-2021.pdf (accessed: June 13, 2022). (In Russ).
6. ISO 45001:2018. Occupational health and safety management system — Requirements with guidance for use. URL: Available at: https://www.iso.org/ru/standard/63787.html (accessed: June 13, 2022).
7. Tkachenko V.A. About International Standard ISO 45001:2018. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Оссupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 5. pp. 39–43. (In Russ). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-5-39-43
8. Buynovskiy S.N., Karabanov Yu.F., Tkachenko V.A., Shalaev V.K. Problems of Implementation and Functioning of Industrial Safety Management Systems in the Organizations Operating Hazardous Production Facilities. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Оссupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 9. pp. 39–44. (In Russ). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-9-39-44
9. On approval of the requirements for documentary support of industrial safety management systems: Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 17, 2020 № 1243. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_360229/ (accessed: June 13, 2022). (In Russ).
10. On approval of the Safety Guide «Methodological recommendations for the development of industrial safety management systems in the organizations operating hazardous production facilities»: Order of Rostechnadzor of June 29, 2020 № 248. Moscow: Rostekhnadzor, 2020. 20 p. (In Russ).
11. On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 52 p. (In Russ).
12. Safety rules for chemically hazardous production facilities: Federal rules and regulations in the field of industrial safety. Ser. 09. Iss. 40. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2022. 292 p. (In Russ).
13. PB 09-594—03. Safety rules for the production, storage, transportation and use of chlorine. Ser. 09. Iss. 5. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2013. 84 p. (In Russ).