The most drastic consequences are accidents at hazardous production facilities of I and II hazard classes, to which Rostechnadzor pays specific attention at risk-oriented approach. At the same time, the status of industrial safety at hazardous production facilities of III and IV hazard classes is controlled less thoroughly, as evidenced by the simplified procedure for such facilities inspection provided for in the Federal law.
The draft Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ «On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities» proposes replacing the industrial safety expertise of technical devices with conducting technical diagnostics and making a conclusion. At the risk-oriented approach to ensuring industrial safety, big responsibility for its state at hazardous production facilities of III and IV hazard classes is imposed on the owners of the enterprises. In this connection, the role of external control over the condition of the equipment with expired service life is increasing.
Technical diagnostics gives an objective assessment of the equipment condition based on the visual assessment and indications of the diagnostic devices (external and embedded). It is also required to assess the compliance of the real state of the machines with the regulatory requirements, and in case if the specified resource is over — the possibility of extending the service life. The specialist conducting diagnostics should have a sufficient experience to solve these problems, since only conclusions based on the results of technical diagnostics are of value to the owner when making a decision on the further operation of the technical device which standard service life or resource is over.
There are three options for performing mandatory technical diagnostics: when the technical device reaches the service life or resource designated by the developer (or designer); in the absence of data on the assigned service life or resource — after 10 years of operation; after conducting work related to the change in the design, replacement of the bearing elements material, restoration of the technical device after an accident. The aspects are considered concerning the use of technical diagnostics for these purposes and the requirements to the specialists performing this work.
- Insurance in industry (experience of the insurance market of the Federal Republic of Germany). Moscow: Ankil, 1993. 123 p. (In Russ.).
- On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities: Federal Law of July 21, 1997 № 116-FZ. Moscow: ZAO NTTs PB, 2019. 56 p. (In Russ.).
- On the approval of the Federal norms and regulations in the field of industrial safety «Rules for conducting industrial safety expertise» (as amended on July 28, 2016): Rostechnadzor Order № 538 of November 14, 2013. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/499058129 (accessed: April 15, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Draft of the Federal Law «On Industrial Safety». Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=PRJ;n=184711#045427027718048785 (accessed: April 15, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 20911—89. State Standard of the USSR. Technical diagnostics. Terms and definitions. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-20911-89 (accessed: April 15, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Smirnov A.T. Operation of army vehicles: Textbook. Moscow: Voenizdat, 1978. 430 p. (In Russ.).
- Birger I.L. Technical diagnostics. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1978. 240 p. (In Russ.).
- Bigus G.A., Daniev Yu.F., Bystrova N.A., Galkin D.I. Diagnostics of technical devices. Moscow: MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, 2014. 615 p. (In Russ.).
- Vatulin Ya.S., Korovina T.S., Korovin S.K., Popov V.A. Monitoring of metro escalators when assessing their residual life based on magnetic control methods. Transport Rossiyskoy Federatsii = Transport of the Russian Federation. 2013. № 1 (44). pp. 56–59. (In Russ.).
- Bardyshev O., Gordienko V. Some aspects of Maintaining Inklined Tunnel Escalators in St. Petersburg. Applied Mechanics and Materials. 2015. Vol. 725–726. pp. 202–207. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.725-726.202
- Kuznetsov K.A. Technical Diagnostics in the Framework of Industrial Safety Expertise: Problems and Prospects. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 11. pp. 24–31. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-11-24-31
- On certification of experts in the field of industrial safety: Decree of the Russian Federation Government of May 28, 2015 № 509. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420277211 (accessed: April 15, 2019). (In Russ.).
- On the approval of the requirements for conducting qualification exam on certification of experts in the field of industrial safety: Rostechnadzor Order № 328 of August 19, 2015. Available at: https://ppt.ru/docs/prikaz/rostekhnadzor/n-328-85131 (accessed: 15.04.2019). (In Russ.).