Monitoring of the linear section strength reliability is carried out continuously throughout the entire life cycle of the main gas pipelines. One of the main indicators allowing to assess the current reliability of the inspected section is the probability of its trouble-free operation. Significant influence on the value of this indicator is exerted by the excessive internal pressure and temperature drop in the inspected section. These parameters are related to basic and included in all the probabilistic models, on which the methods of calculating reliability indicators are based. The random nature of the significant parameters is the reason that the probabilistic regularities of excessive internal pressure and temperature drop are subject to changes of technical, physical and natural nature over time. Hence, the monitoring results will also change and reflect for each section of the linear part that level of reliability, which corresponds to the period of collection and processing of the relevant input data.
For ensuring safe operation of the main gas pipelines, based on the monitoring results it is important to establish differences in values of safety reliability indicators within the limits of the same sections in different time periods. The current values of these indicators are taken as a criterion to clarify, and in some cases, change the strategy of operation, maintenance or repair of the linear part of the gas pipeline, adopted on the basis of previous values. At the same time, there are risks of making wrong technical decisions on further operation based on the results of actual assessment of the reliability of the inspected sections. The reason for such risks is the probability of situation occurrence when the reliability of the inspected section determined based on the current values of the significant parameters is higher than for the previous historical periods, despite the increase in the gas pipeline service life.
The article presents the monitoring results testifying significant differences in the reliability indicators of gas pipeline sections, which are obtained based on the individual regularities of the distribution of significant parameters identified for the inspected areas in different periods of time during the operation phase.
- STO Gazprom 2-2.3-184—2007. Methods for calculation and substantiation of the safety factor and the stability of the main gas pipelines at the stage of operation and maintenance. Available at: https://files.stroyinf.ru/Data1/58/58957/index.htm (accessed: May 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Filatov A.A., George M.S. The influence of the gas pipeline operating conditions on the indicators of its strength reliability. Nauka i tekhnika v gazovoy promyshlennosti = Science and technology in gas industry. 2013. № 2 (54). pp. 75–82. (In Russ.).
- Syzrantsev V.N., Novoselov V.V., Sozonov P.M., Golofast S.L. Assessment of safety and strength reliability of trunk pipelines using non-parametric statistics methods. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2013. 172 p. (In Russ.).
- Golofast S.L. Assessment of the influence of mechanical properties of 17G1S tubular steel from various manufacturers on the strength reliability of trunk pipelines. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Oil Gas Exposition. 2018. № 7 (67). pp. 67–72. (In Russ.).
- Golofast S.L. Effect of Statistical Straggling of the Yield Strength of 17G1S Pipe Steel Grade on Strength Reliability of the Main Gas Pipelines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2019. № 2 (746). pp. 42–47. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2019-2-42-47
- Golofast S.L. Effect of the actual regularities of distribution of the yield strength for steel 17G1S on safety factor of the main gas pipeline sections. Ekspozitsiya Neft Gaz = Oil Gas Exposition. 2019. № 3 (70). pp. 58–64. (In Russ.).
- Baryshev S.N. Probabilistic prediction of the oil and gas equipment service life during operation in hydrogen sulfide-containing media: thesis ... of the Doctor of Science (Engineering). Moscow, 2009. 371 p. (In Russ.).
- Frenkel I.B., Karagrigoriou A., Lisnianski A., Kleyner A.V. Applied Reliability Engineering and Risk Analysis: Probabilistic Models and Statistical Inference. Hoboken: Wiley, 2013, 2014. 436 p.
- Smith D.J. Reliability, Maintainability and Risk: Practical Methods for Engineers. Amsterdam: Elsevier, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2011. 436 p.
- Filatov A.A., Golofast S.L. Problems of strength reliability assessment for gas pipelines. Gazovaya promyshlennost = Gas industry. 2015. № 7 (725). pp. 45–48. (In Russ.).
- Golofast S.L. Problems of Reliability Assessment for Linear Part of Trunk Pipelines. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 4 (736). pp. 36–40. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-4-36-40
- Yakovlev A.Ya., Alennikov S.G., Teplinskiy Yu.A., IBykov.Yu. Methods for assessment of the operation capability of pipes of the process gas pipelines. Moscow: OOO «TsentrLitNefteGaz», 2008. 272 p. (In Russ.).
- Teplinskiy Yu.A., Bykov I.Yu. Management of gas pipelines operational reliability. Moscow: OOO «TsentrLitNefteGaz», 2007. 395 p. (In Russ.).
- Cherpakov V.V. Development of the methods for the formation of emergency stocks of pipes on the example of gas pipelines in the Western Siberia: thesis ... of the Candidate of Science (Engineering). Tyumen, 2007. 122 p. (In Russ.).
- Filatov A.A., Novoselov V.V. Influence of pipe material strength properties on the probabilistic characteristics of safety factor in the operating conditions of gas pipeline. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Neft i gaz = News of higher educational institutions. Oil and Gas. 2014. № 4. pp. 80–85. (In Russ.).
- GOST 1497—84. Metals. Tensile test methods. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-1497-84 (accessed: May 1, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Syzrantsev V.N., Golofast S.L., Lysyanyy K.K., Nevelev Ya.P. Study of the mechanical characteristics of pipe steels 17GS, 17G1S, 14HGS after oil pipelines long-term operation. Neftyanoe khozyaystvo = Oil industry. 2008. № 3. pp. 98–100. (In Russ.).
- Golofast S.L. Assessment of the Strength Reliability of the Trunk Pipelines based on the Quantile Values of Safety Factor. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 7 (739). pp. 22–28. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.24000/0409-2961-2018-7-22-28