At present, the main prospects for improving the insulating means of respiratory protection are associated with the chemical method of oxygen reservation. The arguments in favor of this choice are the high packing density of oxygen and its self-regulating supply, depending on the physical activity of a person. The main schemes of the air duct part of breathing apparatus on chemically bound oxygen are circular and pendulum. The attempt is made in the article to combine the advantages of the circular (small harmful space) and pendulum (small volume of the dead layer) schemes of breathing apparatus on chemically bound oxygen.
For these purposes, the formalism method was developed, which allows mathematically and with the help of a computer to simulate the dynamic sorption activity of the regenerative cartridge of a breathing apparatus with a hybrid (circular-pendulum) scheme of the air duct part. The increase in the protective action of the apparatus is determined due to the use of the resource of the dead sorbent layer in the result of the air flow reverse in the pendulum part of the regenerative cartridge. Feasibility of using a hybrid scheme in the self-rescuers with a short period of protective action is shown. The optimal length of the pendulum part is determined, at which the breathing resistance decreases, and the harmful space occupied by the air returning for inhalation without contact with the unreacted layers of the oxygen-containing product is not increased. Its weak dependence on the total length of the regenerative cartridge and the maximum permissible concentration of carbon dioxide in the air returning to inhalation is shown, which makes the circular pendulum scheme realizable in practice.
- Gudkov S.V., Dvoretskiy S.I., Putin S.B., Tarov V.P. Self-contained breathing apparatus and the basics of their design: textbook. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2008. 188 p. (In Russ.).
- Didenko N.S. Regenerative respirators for mining andrescue operations. Moscow: Nedra, 1990. 160 p. (In Russ.).
- Didenko N.S., Indenbaum T.E., Fastivets S.I. A.s. 1785712 USSR. A 62 V 7/08. Self-contained breathing apparatus. Applied: November 26, 1990. Published: January 7, 1993. Bulletin № 1. (In Russ.).
- Ekhilevskiy S.G., Pak V.V., Ilinskiy E.G. Patent. 47440 Ukrain. А 62 В. Self-contained breathing apparatus. Published: July 15, 2002. Bulletin № 7. (In Ukr.).
- Zhukhovitskiy A.A., Zabezhinskiy Ya.L., Tikhonov A.N. Gas absorption from the air flow by a layer of granular material. Zhurnal fizicheskoy khimii = Physical Chemistry Journal. 1945. Vol. 19. Iss. 6. pp. 253–261. (In Russ.).
- Krimshteyn A.A., Plotnikova S.V., Konovalova V.I., Putin B.V. Simulation of the self-contained apparatus operation using chemically bound oxygen. Zhurnal prikladnoy khimii = Journal of Applied Chemistry. 1992. Vol. 65. № 11. pp. 2463–2469. (In Russ.).
- Pak V.V., Ekhilevskiy S.G., Ovcharov V.K., Ilinskiy A.E. Mathematical model of the working process of an insulating mine respirator. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Gornyy zhurnal = News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal. 1994. № 1. pp. 54–57. (In Russ.).
- Maystrenko A.V., Maystrenko N.V., Erokhin O.I. Simulation of self-contained breathing apparatus on chemically bound oxygen. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Istoriya. Politologiya. Ekonomika. Informatika = Research Bulletin of Belgorod State University. History. Political Sciens. Economics. Information Technologies. 2014. № 1 (172). Iss. 29/1. pp. 81–87. (In Russ.).
- Matveikin V.G., Tugolukov E.N., Alekseyev S.Y., Zakharov A.Y. A Method for the Development of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Using Computer Modeling. International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2018. Vol. 7. № 3. pp. 481–486.
- Ekhilevskiy S.G., Golubeva O.V., Potapenko E.P. Effect of the initial contamination of the regenerative cartridge on the operation of a mine respirator using chemically bound oxygen. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Gornyy zhurnal = News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal. 2014. № 8. pp. 37–43. (In Russ.).
- Pak V.V., Ekhilevskiy S.G., Ilinskiy E.G., Konopelko E.I. Values of the phenomenological parameters of a chemisorption model in the mine respirators regenerative cartridges. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Gornyy zhurnal.= News of the Higher Institutions. Mining Journal. 1998. № 11–12. pp. 108–112. (In Russ.).
- Ekhilevskiy S.G. Non-stationary problem of the dynamics of sorption of carbon dioxide in the regenerative cartridge of an isolating respirator. Vestnik Fonda fundamentalnykh issledovaniy = Bulletin of the Foundation for Fundamental Research. 2019. № 3 (89). pp. 57–65. (In Russ.).
- Zborshchik L.A., Pletenetskiy R.S., Govzheev V.V., Frantsev V.I. Self-contaned self-rescuer for evacuation of the people by a fire. Nauchnyy vestnik NIIGD «Respirator» = Scientific bulletin of NIIGD «Respirator». 2017. № 1 (54). pp. 102–109. (In Russ.).