For successful fighting large fires, it is required to develop new and improve existing decision-making mechanisms with the objective to increase the efficiency of actions of the involved fire-fighting units.
When making decisions, the fire extinguishing manager must consider the efficiency of possible solutions. Assessment of the efficiency of each possible option is predictive and depends on the system of criteria used. The decision-making process in such conditions is associated with the use of formalized multi-criteria selection procedures, which, in fact, implement multi-criteria optimization. When choosing a multi-criteria solution, the fire extinguishing manager proceeds from his subjective ideas about the importance of the tasks to be solved at each site. Therefore, it is advisable for each fire protection object to develop its own management decision support system that allows to implement multi-criteria optimization based on the preferences of the fire extinguishing manager. The chosen solution option should ensure that several goals of the fire control system are achieved at once.
Methodology is considered related to multi-criteria assessment, which can be used for an objective study of the actions of personnel to extinguish a fire for using them rationally in future. The proposed multi-criteria model for making managerial decisions makes it possible to study a wide class of problems of supporting the control of the fire extinguishing process based on the results of monitoring the actions of fire-fighting units.
Practical application of the theoretical results in the form of a management information support system allows reducing the subjectivity and improving the efficiency of the management decision-making process when extinguishing fires.
- Gonçalves W.N., Bruno O.M. Dynamic texture analysis and segmentation using deterministic partially self-avoiding walks. Expert Systems with Applications. 2013. Vol. 40. Iss. 11. pp. 4283–4300.
- Khafizov F.S., Gazizov A.M., Khafizov I.F., Sharafutdinov A.M. Evaluation of the Mobile Simulator for Fire Protection Training. Computer Systems, Applications and Software Engineering, CSASE 2018: Proceedings of the Annual Scientific International Conference. Nizhniy Tagil, 2018.
- Khorram-Manesh A., Berlin J., Carlström E. Two Validated Ways of Improving the Ability of Decision-Making in Emergencies; Results from a Literature Review. Bulletin of Emergency and Trauma. 2016. № 4 (4). pp. 186–196.
- Manukyan L., Montandon S.A., Fofonjka A., Smirnov S., Michel C.M. A living mesoscopic cellular automaton made of skin scales. Nature. 2017. Vol. 544. Iss. 7649. pp. 173–179. DOI: 10.1038/nature22031
- Lazreg M.B., Radianti J., Granmo O.C. SmartRescue: Architecture for Fire Crisis Assessment and Prediction. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference оn Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM) 2015. Kristiansand, 2015.
- Favorskaya M., Pyataeva A., Popov A. Spatio-temporal Smoke Clustering in Outdoor Scenes Based on Boosted Random Forests. Procedia Computer Science. 2016. Vol. 96. pp. 762–771.
- Sharafutdinov A.A., Khafizov F.S., Khafizov I.F., Krasnov A.V., Akhmethafizov A.V., Zakirova V.I., Khafizova A.N. Development of a method for calculating fire and oil spills parameters. AIP Conference Proceedings «28th Russian Conference on Mathematical Modelling in Natural Sciences, RuMoNaS 2019». Perm, 2020. Vol. 2216.
- Sharafutdinov A.A., Timasheva A.Y. Structural and intelligent scheme of navigation system of a ground-based mobile robot for forming a traffic route. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 2020. pp. 1–5.
- Tanklevskiy L., Tsoy A., Snegirev A. Electrically controlled dynamic sprinkler activation: Computational assessment of potential efficiency. Fire Safety Journal. 2017. Vol. 91. pp. 614–623. DOI: 10.1016/j.firesaf.2017.04.019
- Zheng H., Mao X., Chen L., Liang X. Adaptive edge-based mean shift for drastic change gray target tracking. Optik: International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2015. Vol. 126. Iss. 23. pp. 3859–3867.
- Malygin I.G., Krylatov A.Yu., Shirokolobova A.P. Fire engines routing problems in congested urban traffic area. Problemy upravleniya riskami v tekhnosfere = Problems of technosphere risk management. 2017. № 3 (43). pp. 87–95. (In Russ.).
- Nogin V.D. Combined approach to narrowing the Pareto set using linear and multiplicative convolution criteria. Iskusstvennyy intellekt i prinyatie resheniy = Artificial intelligence and decision making. 2016. № 2. pp. 70–77. (In Russ.).
- Smirnov A.V., Khabibulin R.Sh., Tarakanov D.V. Use of multi-agent approach for technosphere safety management support. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Proceedings of Irkutsk State Technical University. 2018. Vol. 22. № 1. pp. 118–133. (In Russ.).
- Tarakanov D.V. Multi-criteria choice method of the movement firefighters in buildings during fire extinguishing. Tekhnologii tekhnosfernoy bezopasnosti = Technologies of technosphere safety. 2016. № 4 (68). pp. 1–9. (In Russ.).
- Tarakanov D.V. Multi-criteria control model for fire-rescue units. Tekhnologii tekhnosfernoy bezopasnosti = Technologies of technosphere safety. 2017. № 4 (74). pp. 148–154. (In Russ.).
- Tarakanov D.V. Fire monitoring system in the building. Materialy 25-y mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. (MNTK) «Sistemy bezopasnosti — 2016». (Proceedings of Twenty-Fifth International Scientific-Technical Conference «Safety Systems — 2016»). Moscow: Akademiya GPS MChS Rossii, 2016. pp. 281–282. (In Russ.).
- Valiev R.R., Baulin O.A., Khafizov F.Sh., Khafizov I.F., Almukhametov A.A., Sharafutdinov A.A., Sharafutdinov A.A. Program for visualization and obtaining analytical solutions for multi-criteria tasks. Certificate 2021610493 of state registration for the computer program. Applied: December 25, 2020; Published: January 14, 2021. (In Russ.).
- Topolskiy N.G., Tarakanov D.V. Forecast of the dynamics of a fire in the building according to the monitoring of temperature fields. Problemy upravleniya bezopasnostyu slozhnykh sistem: tr. XXII mezhdunar. nauch. konf. (Problems of safety management for complex systems: proceedings of the Twenty-Second International Scientific Conference). Moscow: IPU RAN, 2014. pp. 252–254. (In Russ.).