N.S. Seidakhmedov, Deputy Director, firstname.lastname@example.org Azerbaijan State Research Institute on Occupational Safety, Baku, Azerbaijan
The issue is considered related to the increase of the technical level of piston compressor unit safe operation, including the valves of compressor cylinders effecting the overall technical and technological and economic indices of the compressor unit.
Means of increasing the working ability, resource and safe operation of gas-engine piston compressors are analyzed. In order to check the actual state of the piston compressor unit installed at the gas-lift compressor station, the compressor is put into operation and defects are identified during the work process in the gas-lift system with full load. If the defects are found, the work is stopped, and the defects are eliminated on-site.
The results of the study are shown, in which it was determined that the greatest number of failures is related to the valves of compressor cylinders of the 1st stage of gas-engine reciprocating compressors. To protect the equipment from the early wear, it is required to clean from solid inclusions and liquid hydrocarbon components before feeding into the 1st stage compressor cylinder.
For this purpose, it is recommended to install an additional horizontal gas separator of the new design at the suction line for cleaning gas from solid impurities and liquid hydrocarbon components.
Based on the conducted studies, the following conclusions were made: the most vulnerable node in the design of gas-engine reciprocating compressors is the valve assembly, in particular the components, like plates and saddle. The main reason for failure of these parts is the quality of the associated petroleum gas (presence of liquid and solid particles). Use of the new design at the suction line of the separator allows reducing the number of valve failures by one third.
1. Asadov O.S., Aliev V.I., Makarov V.V. New scientific approach to identifying real flow-rate of the reciprocating compressors in the gas lift and gas transport systems. Moscow: Izd-vo «Sputnik+», 2011. 243 p. (In Russ.).
2. Aliev V.I. Scientific basis for improving the efficiency of gas engine compressors in the gas lift systems and gas transportation of offshore fields in Azerbaijan: Thesis ... Doctor of Technical Science. Baku, 2007. 317 p. (In Russ.).
3. Sеidakhmedov N.S. Determination of efficiency of application of the straight-flow valve of oil and gas reciprocating compressors in the system of gas-lift well operation. Oborudovanie i tekhnologii dlya neftegazovogo kompleksa = Equipment and Technologies for Oil and Gas Complex. 2016. № 4. pp. 17–21. (In Russ.).
4. Dollezhal N.A. Calculation of the main parameters of piston compressor self-acting valve: Thesis ... Doctor of Technical Science. Moscow, 1962. 242 p. (In Russ.).
5. Frenkel M.I. Piston compressors. Moscow–Leningrad: Mashgiz, 1969. 744 p. (In Russ.).
6. Borokhovich A.I., Kolbasov M.G. The equation of the plate movement of the piston compressor direct-flow valve. Izvestiya vuzov. Ser. «Gornyy zhurnal» = News of Higher Education Institutions. Series «Mining Journal». 1967. № 7. pp. 130–134. (In Russ.).
7. Dodin Yu.S., Klochkov V.I., Lukyanitsa A.I. Piston compressor valves. Novomoskovsk: RKhTU im. D.I. Mendeleeva, 2009. 140 p. (In Russ.).
8. Prilutskiy A.I., Molodova Yu.I., Arsenev I.A. Inlet valves of the piston reciprocating expanders with disk non-metallic plates. Khimicheskoe neftegazovoe mashinostroenie = Chemical Oil and Gas Engineering. 2006. № 4. pp. 20–21. (In Russ.).
9. Sеidakhmedov N.S. Gas-dynamic study of the reciprocating compressor valves in the stationary gas flow. Nauka. Tekhnologiya. Proizvodstvo = Science. Technology. Production. 2015. № 6 (10). pp. 61–64. (In Russ.).
10. Sеidakhmedov N.S. Effect of gas leaks through the valve plates on the piston compressors performance. Neftepromyslovoe delo = Oilfield Business. 2018. № 3. pp. 56–59. (In Russ.).
11. Definition of the application efficiency for the straight-flow valves of oil and gas piston compressors in the system of well gas-lift operation. Available at: http://naukaip.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/%D0%9C%D0%9A-248-%D0%A7%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C-1.pdf (accessed: August 28, 2018).
12. Filonenko-Borodich M.F. Elasticity Theory. Moscow, 2012. 365 p.
13. Sеidakhmedov N.S. Evaluation of the piston compressor valves safe operation. Bezopasnost truda v promyshlennosti = Occupational Safety in Industry. 2018. № 1. pp. 42–45. (In Russ.).