V.I. Golik, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., email@example.com Ju.I. Razorenov, Dr. Sci. (Eng.), Prof., Rector FGBOU VPO «North Caucasian State Technological University», Vladikavkaz, Russia
Sickness and injury rate at the underground mines as a consequence of finding of miners in heavy and dangerous conditions of mining practice is briefly analyzed. The advantages and disadvantages of the traditional technology of metals mining by underground method with delivery of the entire volume of rock mass to the ground surface are shown. The essence of the technology of minerals underground leaching is characterized as a possibility to minimize the contact of miners with ore by limiting its volumes delivered to the ground surface. The concept of ore underground leaching is formulated. Information on the practice of underground uranium leaching at the enterprises of Minsredmash of the USSR is given. The conceptions about the processes of underground leaching of the broken down ores by the infiltration flows of solutions of chemical reagents are detailed. Based on the example of a particular field, the technical possibility and economic conditions are justified concerning an involvement of poor and off-balance ores in production (with decrease in volumes of transportation and delivery to the surface of mineral masses for treatment) as means of improving labor safety in the underground operations. It is shown that the possibility of involving in mining of minerals deposits being deposited in the complicated mining and geological conditions or represented by poor ores, the development of which is currently unprofitable by traditional methods, expands the mineral resource base of mining industry, especially since the reconstruction of the enterprise infrastructure is carried out without significant additional capital investments. The conclusion is made that the rational use of the combined technologies with involvement of the off-balance reserves in production allows for solving a complex of the main problems of mining practice, as well as reducing the danger of employees sickness and injury rate by decrease of ores delivery to the ground surface, increasing the use of subsurface resources by extraction off-balance reserves, improving economy of the enterprises, and the possibility of solving social problems.
1. Golovkova N.P., Chebotarev A.G., Leskina L.M. Working conditions and professional sickness rate at the enterprises of mining and metallurgical complex. Medicina truda i promyshlennaja jekologija = Occupational medicine and industrial ecology. 2006. № 12. pp. 6–10.
2. State report on the health condition of the population in the Russian Federation in 2004. Zdravoohranenie RF = Healthcare Service of the Russian Federation. 2006. № 3. pp. 123–130.
3. Lu X., Liu W., Zhao C. Environmental assessment of heavy metal and natural radioactivity in soil around a coal-fired power plant in China. Journal of Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry. 2013. Vol. 295. № 3. 1845 p.
4. Kidybinski A. The role of geo-mechanical modelling in solving problems of safety and effectiveness of mining production. Archives of Mining Sciences. 2010. Vol. 55. № 2. pp. 263–278.
5. Golik V.I., Razorenov Ju.I., Kulikov M.M. Jekonomika i menedzhment gornoj promyshlennosti (Economy and management of mining industry). Novocherkassk: Politehnik, 2010. 251 p.
6. Golik V.I., Razorenov Ju.I. Proektirovanie gornyh predprijatij (Designing of mining enterprises). Novocherkassk: JuRGTU, 2007. 262 p.
7. Shestakov V.A., Razorenov Ju.I., Gabaraev O.Z. Upravlenie kachestvom produkcii na gornyh predprijatijah (Product quality control at mining enterprises). Novocherkassk: JuRGTU, 2001. 262 p.
8. Onica I., Cozma E., Goldan T. Land Degradation Under the Underground Mining Influence (in Romanian). AGIR Revue. 2006. № 3. pp. 14–27.
9. Golik V.I., Razorenov Ju.I., Stradanchenko S.G., Prokopov A.Ju., Maslennikov S.A. Experimental justification of the possibility of extraction of metals from coal washing tails. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2012. № 5. pp. 128–134.
10. Sinclair L., Thompson J. In situ leaching of copper: Challenges and future prospects. Hydrometallurgy. 2015. Vol. 157. pp. 306–324.
11. Bosmans A., Vanderreydt I., Geysen D., Helsen L. The crucial role of Waste-to-Energy technologies in enhanced landfill mining: a technology review. Journal of Cleaner Production. 2013. Vol. 55. pp. 10–23.
12. Vasilev I.D., Melnikova O.A. The decision of application-oriented mining-and-geological tasks with the use of the software Gemcom. Gornaja promyshlennost = Mining Industry. 2011. № 5(99). pp. 90–92.
13. Lushpej V.P., Makishin V.N. Training of mining engineers in the Far Eastern Federal University. Gornyj zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2015. № 3. pp. 96–100. DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2015.03.16.
14. Chernikova A.A., Petrov V.L. Training of mining engineers at the Russian universities of research type. Gornyj zhurnal = Mining Journal. 2015. № 8. pp. 103–106. DOI: 10.17580/gzh.2015.08.22.
15. Burcev A.V. Innovative technologies for automation of surveying tasks in the mining practice. Doklady Vseros. nauch. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem = Reports of the all-Russian scientific conference with the international participation. Ekaterinburg: UGGU, 2012. pp. 35–40.
16. Zhou C., Gong Z., Hu J., Cao A., Liang H. Acost-benefit analysis of land fill mining and material recycling in China. Waste Management. 2015. Vol. 35. pp. 191–198.
17. Chunuev I.K., Umarov T.S. Development and implementation of the up-to-date computer programs for mining enterprises and in the educational process. Izvestija KGTU im. I. Razzakova = News of Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I. Razzakov. 2014. № 33. pp. 566–568.
18. Eremenko A.A., Gahova L.N., Eremenko V.A. Effect of the procedure of mining ore deposits and technological blocks on the stress-deformed state of the containing massif under the conditions of a polymetallic deposit. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2015. № 7. pp. 67–74.
19. Kozhiev H.H., Bosikov I.I. Modeling of hazardous processes at the enterprises of mining and processing complex. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2015. № 7. pp. 67–73.
20. Irel S.V., Shabarov A.N., Prosvetova A.A. Forecast assessment of geodynamic hazards at designing mining operations. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij byulleten = Mining Informational and Analytical Bulletin. 2015. № 4. pp. 56–61.