Existing rail-cutting machines have technical characteristics such as processing accuracy, productivity, reliability. However, on safety of the operating conditions, they have unsatisfactory indicators because they create elevated noise and dust levels in the working area of operators, which are far exceeding sanitary and hygienic norms.
At present, there are practically no engineering solutions applicable to metal-cutting machine tools that ensure simultaneous reduction of noise and dust in the working area. Nevertheless, in terms of the repair and installation work when replacing, cutting out defective places and assembling new rails, the efficiency of dust removal is especially important, since a clean joint without contamination is required to improve the quality of the subsequent welding operations.
Theoretical models of the processes of noise formation during abrasive cutting are created. The results of the experimental studies are considered. Improved design of the rail-cutting machine is presented due to the use of a noise-protective casing and a filter-and-ventilation monoblock. They perform a complex function — reduction of the sound pressure levels and dustiness of the working area.
The results obtained will allow to ensure safe working conditions for the operators at the design stage of rail-cutting machines by simultaneous reduction of the working area noise levels and dustiness.
- Artamonova V.G., Shatalov N.N. Occupational diseases: textbook. Moscow: Meditsina, 1996. 432 p. (In Russ.).
- Vlasov A.F. Safety when working on the metal cutting machine tools. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1977. pp. 68–113. (In Russ.).
- Vetoshkin A.G Engineering environmental protection from harmful emissions: textbook. Vologda: Infra-Inzheneriya, 2016. 416 p. (In Russ.).
- Vlasov A.F. Removal of dust and chips from cutting tools. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1965. pp. 162. (In Russ.).
- Chukarin A.N. Vibroacoustic basics for calculating metal-cutting machine tools at the design stage: Abstract of the thesis... Doctor of Technical Science. Rostov n/D., 1995. 29 p. (In Russ.).
- Bolotov B.E., Panov S.N. Method for reducing noise of metal cutting machine tools. Stanki i instrument = Machines and tools. 1978. № 11. pp. 19–20. (In Russ.).
- Litvinov A.E., Kornienko V.G., Sukhonosov N.I. Study of cutting conditions on the band saw machines. Stanki Instrument (STIN) = Machine Tool. 2010. № 10. pp. 5–8. (In Russ.).
- Gurevich A.S. Shape memory effect in the alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1979. 472 p. (In Russ.).
- Denisov O.V., Azimova N.N., Tryukhan A.V., Popov D.S., Meskhi B.Ch., Kuptsova I.S., Bulygin Yu.I. Protective cover for cutting tool with dust extraction system. Patent RF. № 2694939. Applied: March 19, 2019. Published: July 18, 2019. Bulletin № 20.
- Timoshenko S.P., Yang D.Kh., Uiver U. Fluctuations in engineering. Available at: http://booksshare.net/books/physics/timoshenko-sp/1985/files/kolebaniyavinjenernomdele1985.pdf (accessed: June 6, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Panovko Ya.G., Gubanova I.I. Stability and vibrations of elastic systems. Available at: https://dwg.ru/dnl/7917 (accessed: June 6, 2019). (In Russ.).
- GOST 12.1.050—86. Methods for measuring noise at the workplaces. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200005186 (accessed: June 6, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Balykov I.A., Chukarin A.N., Evseev D.Z. Effect of cutting processes on the noise of milling machines. Novoe v bezopasnosti zhiznedeyatelnosti i ekologii: sb. dokl. konf. (New in life safety and ecology: conference book of reports). Saint-Petersburg, 1996. pp. 222–223. (In Russ.).
- Balykov I.A. Features of the acoustic characteristics of milling machines and development of measures on noise reduction: Abstract of the thesis... Doctor of Technical Science. Rostov n/D., 1997. 15 p. (In Russ.).
- Ivanov N.I. Engineering acoustics. Theory and practice of noise abatement. Moscow: Logos, 2008. 423 p. (In Russ.).
- Andersen L., Jones C.J.C. Coupled boundary and finite element analysis of vibration from railway tunnels — a comparison of two- and three-dimensional models. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2006. Vol. 293. Iss. 3–5. pp. 611–625.
- Connolly D.P., Kouroussis G., Woodward P.K. Alves Costa P., Verlinden O., Forde M.O. Field testing and analysis of high speed rail vibrations. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2014. Vol. 67. pp. 102–118.
- Koe A. Design methodology of remedial work in two rail cuttings. Rock Mechanics in Civil and Environmental Engineering — Proceedings of the European Rock Mechanics Symposium, EUROCK. London, 2010. pp. 655–658.
- GOST 12.3.018—79. Occupational safety standards system. Ventilation systems. Aerodynamic test methods. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200004609 (accessed: June 6, 2019). (In Russ.).
- Azimova N.N., Bulygin Yu.I., Kuptsova I.S. Comparative analysis of aerodynamic characteristics of the centrifugal dust collectors when conducting parallel comparative tests. Vestnik Donskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of the Don State Technical University. 2017. Vol. 17. № 3 (90). pp. 156–165. (In Russ.).
- Azimova N.N., Bulygin Yu.I., Kuptsova I.S. Problems of designing dust-cleaning equipment in industry. Bezopasnost tekhnogennykh i prirodnykh system = Safety of technogenic and natural systems. 2018. № 1–2. pp. 2–12. (In Russ.).
- Potemkina A.V., Lukash E.S. Theoretical and experimental studies of the effect of the depth of immersion of the exhaust pipe on the aerodynamic properties and efficiency of cyclonic devices. Vestnik Donskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta = Bulletin of the Don State Technical University. 2010. Vol. 10. № 4 (47). pp. 526–533. (In Russ.).