According to the statistics, until the mid-90s, the share of failures on the linear part of the main gas pipelines due to corrosion accounted for 55–70 %. The next period is characterized by the prevalence of failures caused by the stress corrosion, the level of which was 40–50 %. The failure rate attributable to the welded joints was about 11–12 %.
In this regard, for the purpose of maintaining the established level of the gas pipelines technical condition, PAO Gazprom develops and implements the programs for the main gas pipelines overhauls for the periods until 2031. The program can be solved by developing new, more efficient methods and technologies for the overhauls using pipes that were in operation and prepared for further work in the plant conditions. A significant proportion of accidents are associated with the pipe metal external corrosion, while a significant part of failures is caused by the formation of corrosion cracking under stress of the pipe metal. The most efficient means of ensuring reliable trouble-free operation of the gas pipelines is the overhaul of defective sections determined based on diagnostic surveys and analysis of the parameters of the objects technical condition. The decision on the possibility of further use of the pipes should be made considering such factors as working conditions, expected duration of operation, reliability requirements, etc. From the point of view of wear and reduction of the pipes service life, the region, and the conditions in which the pipes were operated are of great importance. Maintaining the operability of gas pipelines at a high level can be ensured by significantly increasing the volume of capital repairs based on the in-depth analysis of the sections technical condition.
2. Zorin A.E. Crack-Like Defects Causes on Gas Pipelines. Gazovaya promyshlennost = Gas Industry. 2012. № 5. pp. 54–57. (In Russ).
3. Zorin A.E. About features of metal fault accumulation in use of gas pipelines. Neft, gaz i biznes = Oil, gas, and business. 2012. № 8. pp. 69–71. (In Russ).
4. Vasilev G.G., Leonovich I.A. Retrospective analysis of strength calculation methodology for trunk pipelines. Gazovaja promyshlennost = Gas Industry. 2019. № 7. pp. 78–86. (In Russ).
5. Veliyulin I.I., Lubenskiy S.A., Veliyulin E.I., Reshetnikov A.D. Analysis of the causes of the destruction of large-diameter gas pipelines in various regions of Russia. Moscow: MAKS Press, 2012. 232 p. (In Russ).
6. Levachev A.S., Sharonov S.P., Mitrokhin M.Yu., Krylov P.V. Structuring the processes of preparing construction production during the overhaul of the gas pipelines. Gazovaja promyshlennost = Gas Industry. 2008. № 3. pp. 40–42. (In Russ).
7. Budzulyak B.V., Lopatin A.S., Lyapichev D.M. Technical diagnostics of the equipment and pipelines of oil and gas facilities using innovative technologies. Avtomatizatsiya, telemekhanizatsiya i svyaz v neftyanoy promyshlennosti = Automation, Telemechanization and Communication in Oil Industry. 2019. № 11 (556). pp. 21–26. (In Russ).
8. Aksyutin O.E. About the measures on improving the reliability of the operation of OAO Gazprom gas transmission system. Available at: https://www.neftegas.info/upload/iblock/64e/64ed1af14d077b23740f7d5f725d9fe2.pdf (accessed: August 24, 2021). (In Russ).
9. Management Committee approved the programs for the reconstruction and overhaul of OAO Gazprom gas transmission system facilities for 2011–2015. Available at: https://www.asme.org/getmedia/7336b61b-5762-47ca-bdcb-8a4e0de6f162/33501.pdf (accessed: August 24, 2021). (In Russ).
10. ASME B31G-2012. Manual for Determining the Remaining Strength of Corroded Pipelines. Available at: https://www.asme.org/getmedia/7336b61b-5762-47ca-bdcb-8a4e0de6f162/33501.pdf (accessed: August 24, 2021).
11. Veliyulin I.I., Gorodnichenko V.I., Aleksandrov V.A., Voytenko V.A. On the Question of the Feasibility of Reusing Pipes with Long Service Lives. Territorija Neftegaz = Oil and Gas Territory. 2020. № 7–8. pp. 118–124. (In Russ).
12. Alimov S.V., Mitrokhin M.Yu., Kharionovskiy V.V. The system of diagnostic maintenance of OAO Gazprom main gas pipelines: state and prospects. Territorija Neftegaz = Oil and Gas Territory. 2009. № 9. pp. 42–49. (In Russ).